Discussion in 'FAQs & Announcements' started by Lixx, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Lixx

Lixx Mr. Grumpy™

flickr:
    lixx
    Not sure what's happening here or what the criteria is to show new posts, but often I'll come here and click "view new posts" and not much happens. Certainly many posts I've not seen are spread out through different sub forums and I end up having to go to them individually to actually see new posts. I notice this happens especially in vintage and whatever all the time (posts I've not seen are made and clicking view new posts doesn't bring them up).

Is there an issue you're aware of James?

2. ultrakaiju

ultrakaiju Die-Cast Staff Member

You could be having a different technical issue, if you are not seeing any new posts at all, when there are some, but the one thing I do know is that the site seems to regularly 'refresh' - at which point nothing will show up in 'New Posts' until something is posted after [even though, of course, the new posts are still there].

Now, it does appear that this cycle is occuring more frequently than in the past, e.g. a couple times a day, which you will notice more if you are in a time zone other than the US (i.e. during less active periods there is regularly fewer new posts). As I said though, not sure if this might be what you mean, or if it is related to other issue entirely.

3. Yuck!!!

Yuck!!! Side Dealer

flickr:
    yucktoys
    Instagram:
    yucktoys
    Yeah this happens to me too. I would prefer "new" mean new to me, not just stuff posted within a specific recent time frame, but it's my understanding that is how it works.