On Flipping.

Discussion in 'FAQs & Announcements' started by TiredChildren, Mar 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TiredChildren

TiredChildren Administrator Staff Member

Name:
    James
    flickr:
    JamesLikeness
    Instagram:
    TiredChildren
    On Flipping.
    On Flipping.

Many people seem to misunderstand exactly what constitutes flipping, and think that their selfish actions are somehow different from flipping. Some think that it's only flipping if you're selling toys, not trading. Some think it's okay as long as you do it on eBay and not here. Some think "as long as I'm not stealing from someone, I'm not hurting anyone." These are all examples of incorrect thinking about flipping, and we need to set the record straight.

Here's the main reason flippers hurt the toy community - They make it harder for fans to collect toys.

Flippers have existed on Skullbrain in some way or another for a long time, have been doing it for years, and they've been allowed to stay here because there has been a mentality of "let Skullbrain's vocal members do what's necessary to keep the flippers at bay." We call out flippers when we see them, and sometimes that sends them packing. Unfortunately, the attitude of certain flippers has changed from "I don't want to get ostracized by SB, so I'll stop," to "Pfffft. I'm going to flip, you're going to hate me for it, but I don't give a crap." We need to end that way of thinking right here and now.

The Following Activities Will Not Be Tolerated:

• Making sales threads with new toys at a large markup soon after receiving them
    • Asking for trades using brand new toys as trade bait
    • Using the BST section to swoop in on low price items only to resell on eBay immediately afterwards for higher prices
    • Making sales threads fishing for offers
    • Flipping in any way, shape or form

What Happens To Members Of Skullbrain Who Are Flipping?

There are a few known flippers who are receiving temporary bans starting this week. They'll be given a period of time where they're not allowed on SB in order to straighten up and stop flipping. If they choose to keep flipping, they'll be banned permanently. Moving forward, people who are found to be flipping will be given a very deliberate warning, and if they do not stop flipping, they will be banned. We are not going to tolerate people taking advantage of other toy collectors.

Flippers hurt toy collectors, and because this is a forum for toy collectors, we want to do what we can to keep them off of Skullbrain.

2. brianflynn

brianflynn Post Pimp Staff Member

On Flipping.
    James and I have been drafting this for a while. I think it is overdue and needs to addressed and clarified. Let's get back on track folks. Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.