49ers Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'BASK in the light of the Bay' started by Joe, Aug 10, 2011.

1. bryce_r

bryce_r Die-Cast

It was a great year for them but Alex Smith was terrible this game. I think the experience will help them next year.

Anyway...overall I felt that both teams didn't play that well.

2. Dean

Dean Prototype

Does anyone need further proof that BASK is the klassiest of krews? 8)

3. Dikasaur

Dikasaur Toy Prince

Thanks joe. like i said even though we won theres nothing to be mad at. you guys played an amazing game and you can't say enough about the season you guys had. Unfortunately there's not a giants or general football thread so it has to go here. But have to admit manning took so many hits.

4. toybotstudios

toybotstudios Die-Cast

i would not want to be Kyle Williams or Billy Cundiff right now.

but yeah, It looked like Alex Smith couldn't get into any decent groove tonight. so sad.

evil eye
    [​IMG]

So this comment on the Examiner right after he was drafted is creepy...

“Get ready to have your hearts in your throat whenever Williams is on the field, Niner fans. This dude is so unpredictable and takes crazy chances with the ball. He lacks concentration and drops and fumbles more passes and punt returns in important situations than anyone I’ve ever seen. In fact his very last play of his ASU career was a fumbled punt return in the biggest game of the year vs our rival Univ of AZ. The score was tied just a minute or so on the clock. U of A was punting. Everyone’s thinking o.t.. All he had to do was catch the ball and take a knee or run it a few yards. But no, he wanted to be a hero and already had his mind running up the field before he even caught the ball. It went right through his hands, bounced off his leg and U of A recovered it. They went on to score a FG. Game & season over! Fans left stunned! Williams is very inconsistent. It doesn’t matter if he runs a 4 flat you got to have the ball in your hands first! He can go from hero to zero in 4.3 too.”

5. rhinomilk

rhinomilk Vintage

Name:
    Cuntface
    fuck. they should have won. it compares to the feelings I had after dusty baker gave russ ortiz the game ball and a pat on the ass during the '02 WS. Manning did a good job while getting the shit knocked out of him the whole game.

I guess williams will not be fielding kicks anymore.

6. justin

justin Addicted

fun season. :lol: at that evil eye.

7. Dikasaur

Dikasaur Toy Prince

:lol: that evil eye is classic. When the ravens game ended all I could think was, if I was cundiff I would wait till everyone left the locker room before I went in to get dressed.

Can not hate though, threw the week all I said was, this is gonna be our toughest game in the post season(Niners and Giants). That's exactly how it turned out. We were no match for they're defensive line. Manning looked like he had been raped by bears every time he got up off the floor from a sack. Harbaugh definitely altered this team. Tough as nails.

8. g_money

g_money Addicted

Name:
    Greg
    Instagram:
    hmni_gmoney
    I don't think Alex had a completely horrible game. Looks worse when manning had more yards and a bigger effect on the game. But manning also had more incompletions than Alex had attempts. The number of plays giants ran compared to sf was pretty one sided. The d played as good a second half as they could have. I'd take the niners front 4 (aldon included) over any in the league. Even over the giants, cause sf has more complete players not just pass rushers. if they can draft or sign a true #1 receiver they'll be top 5-6 team for years to come.

9. Joe

Joe Die-Cast

:lol: :lol: :lol:

10. m3kcomp

m3kcomp Side Dealer

there was one funny moment when he got up from the sack and his shoulder pad was out, his helmet was all cockeyed, and his chin strap was in his mouth...

BUT, he got up and knew to call time out...most qbs get sacked six times they don't know what's going on.

a defensive game comes down to turnovers...so maybe people shouldn't have been crowing so much about how few turnovers SF had during the regular season, eh?

once you go into OT, it's a coin toss...so no one can be too happy or sad about the outcome. all I know is the second half was really, really nerve wracking to watch!!!

11. Dikasaur

Dikasaur Toy Prince

:lol: :lol: that's the sack I was speaking of. I usually record the games to watch over the off season but my DVR was full. I wish I would've caught that.

But yea they did do a great job protecting the ball. I heard some people stating that, the Bradshaw incident was a fumble. I didn't see that, he was moving backward with three men on him. don't see how that was a fumble.

But like I said you have to give SF credit. I was hoping to get in my friends face for cheering for the Niners. But it's one of those games where they deserved it as much as we did. They do some adjustments to that offense and there gonna be unstoppable.
    But you have to admit, this was an ironic game. being on the east coast I can't keep taps on SF but I did notice they preyed on turnovers and special teams were there main bread winner. Well what a turn of events.

12. eckotyper

eckotyper Post Pimp

Name:
    Mike
    i watched Smith throw the ball away, and then smile... he wasnt even getting pressured as much as Manning was, yet he was throwing the damn ball away.

13. Leecifer

Leecifer Side Dealer

:( :( :(

14. Lalo

Lalo Mini Boss

Instagram:
    lalosoda
    sorry.
    [​IMG]

15. justin

justin Addicted

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: i don't even play skyrim, but the memes crack me up.

16. Slack

Slack Mini Boss

Instagram:
    slacktrades
    I luv u

17. Lixx

Lixx Mr. Grumpy™

flickr:
    lixx
    I was rooting for the 49ers, but I can't believe they pulled that off. They looked doomed in the first half. The officiating was horrendous at the end with some of those calls (both ways). Alex Smith must really hate life right now (I feel bad for the guy).

18. IamMordecai

IamMordecai Addicted

Instagram:
    Iammordecai
    waste of a first round pick....

19. Realdeaocho

Realdeaocho Toy Prince

I also thought they were done for after the first quarter. Very entertaining.

20. computerhair415

computerhair415 Comment King

Name:
    Bryan
    flickr:
    savagefreaks
    Instagram:
    computerhair
    All the playoff games have been good. So glade the 9ers are in it. I really wanted the Broncos, but Im stoked on the Harbowl!

21. melek_taus

melek_taus Mini Boss

Name:
    Ryan
    The Ravens always play the '9ers really tough, so I expect it to be a closely contested Superbowl. But I hope the '9ers pull out a win and send Ray Lewis packing without a final Superbowl ring.
    Looking for Kaepernick, Gore and James each to contribute big time! I think that's the key- if these three can move the ball on the ground, the passing will follow.
    Go 9ers!!!

22. animator

animator Mr. Freshly Smacked Ass Staff Member

Name:
    David
    Instagram:
    davidjcoffman
  23. melek_taus

melek_taus Mini Boss

Name:
    Ryan