Game of Thrones

Discussion in 'Whatever' started by dustin, Apr 25, 2011.

1. Lixx

Lixx Mr. Grumpy™

flickr:
    lixx
    Game of Thrones
    Yeah I'm sick of spoiler tags as well. So here's how it went down:

Watch the episode carefully and you'll see Margery's grandmother approach Sansa and look/pull on her necklace. She pockets one of the "jewels" and eventually later somehow gets it to Margery who can be seen holding Joffrey's goblet. So one of the jewels was poison and once put in the drink it dissolved. Margery and her grandmother did it.

2. BloodDrinker6969

BloodDrinker6969 Die-Cast

Name:
    RockStrongo
    Game of Thrones
    And the fool have her the necklace so he must have known and pulled her out holly shit.

3. melek_taus

melek_taus Mini Boss

Name:
    Ryan
    Game of Thrones
    And now that Margery is officially Queen...
    She can rule, with the King dead. Lanisters- out.

4. scarwars

scarwars Addicted

Name:
    Shawn
    Instagram:
    shawnporter
    Game of Thrones
    Oh, it gets so much more complicated than that.

She didn't consummate the marriage to Renly. Or Joffrey. So she's still a virgin when she marries... Tommen

5. Mecha

Mecha Side Dealer

Game of Thrones
    :shock: damn, never thought of that.

6. smurph

smurph Comment King

Name:
    Sam
    Game of Thrones
    Been avoiding this thread (and FOX news) like the plague til I finally got up to speed last night. I knocked out the first 3 seasons in about a week and a half (and am going to miss the instant gratification of marathon sessions). GoT almost instantly become one of my favorite TV shows, and truly has me craving more...

Haven't read the books yet, but probably will after the show has ended (and they're finally finished). I suppose the credit is best given to GRRM, but what I love most about the show is how demonized many of the characters are from the beginning, but as more is revealed they often redeem themselves in a very big way (read: "The Hound" and Jaime Lannister especially). Nothing is black and white in this world, and just like real life it's often an error to judge these characters until all the facts come to light or new events unfold.

Just wanted to say damn it felt good to finally see you-know-who die... was hoping for more of a slow and painful death (maybe a little torture too), but that was pretty gratifying in its own right :twisted:

7. Lixx

Lixx Mr. Grumpy™

flickr:
    lixx
    Game of Thrones
    Is it just me or is Game of Thrones boring everyone to tears this season (with the exception of Joffrey's death)?

8. melek_taus

melek_taus Mini Boss

Name:
    Ryan
    Game of Thrones
    Not at all. ^^^ I have quite enjoyed it. New characters and deaths to keep things fresh. And some pretty gruesome deaths this season for some characters who really deserve it. See last nights episode!

9. Lixx

Lixx Mr. Grumpy™

flickr:
    lixx
    Game of Thrones
    ^^ I did see last nights episode. Yeah it was nice to see Locke and the head Crasta mutineers die. I think much like Shane dying in Walking Dead, I still can't get over Rob dying in GOT. I'm just not that into Bran's, Arya, Sansa, or Daenerys' journeys.

If they would bring in Lady Stoneheart and have her go on a Stark killing spree revenge, I'd be interested again.

10. melek_taus

melek_taus Mini Boss

Name:
    Ryan
    Game of Thrones
    Bran's storyline is definitely a bit annoying to me. I find myself cringing every time the show switches to that story. And I wish it would just get back to anything else.
    Although Sansa (however you spell it) is a boring character, for me, there are enough other characters tied into her thread, that I enjoy it. Lord Baylish is shaping up to be a real villian. Although I knew he was a major douche- having not read the books- it's a surprise, what a major threat he has become.
    Arya and The Hound's story is very entertaining for me. Enjoying the interaction of these 2 characters. And the Hound is just, such a bad ass, that it really makes for good watching. IMO.
    Daenerys- same deal as Sansa. Plus... I like dragons.

11. kopponigen

kopponigen Post Pimp

flickr:
    kopponigen
    Instagram:
    kopponigen
    Game of Thrones
    I have enjoyed this season, except for ep.4 which I agree, was a total bore. But it's true, there's something missing about the Stark characters... Even with Arya being so ballsy I just can't seem to like any of them.

12. Waterbear

Waterbear Line of Credit

Game of Thrones
    I have been a little bored as well for the first time since the show began.

13. Lixx

Lixx Mr. Grumpy™

flickr:
    lixx
    Game of Thrones
    Yeah it's pretty much the same every episode:

Daenerys- Always has some struggle with free/ or freeing slaves. How are we going to attack Westeros, lets council with my guys, cut...I liked her better season 1.
    Arya- While I love her interaction with the Hound, it's the same every episode, and they never seem to get anywhere. Are they just going to roam the countryside forever putting each other down?
    Sansa- Woah is me, I'm not worthy, every older woman hates me because I'm attractive and innocent, poor gullible me. Has her character done anything for 3 seasons besides pout and cry?
    Bran- yeah I cringe every time I see him. Same with his group they do nothing but have boring visions if any, and then there's Ho-dor, who says nothing but his name every 2 minutes.

I've felt like this season I'm staring at a stalemated chessboard.

You know I'm speaking the truth, but then again I'm seen as a complainer for speaking it. :razz:

14. land

land Toy Prince

Name:
    John
    Game of Thrones
    is this just a problem you have with game of thrones or just with this season of the tv show?
    i'm a book reader and as far as i can tell, the viewer is spared all of the boring parts of the book. they only show the things you have to see. (granted the book and show are different) In my opinion the show already caters a lot to the non book reading viewer. i personally can't think of anything they could have added to spice it up.

15. soda pop SMASH

soda pop SMASH Addicted

Name:
    simon
    Instagram:
    mightyxhealthy
    Game of Thrones
    ^^^^^ yeah seems pretty much this. Haven't read ASOFAI because I'm enjoying the TV show so much, and there's plenty other great fantasy out there that won't be made into TV shows.

You think Sansa is boring, but she's playing the role her character needs to play. If she all of a sudden sucked it up and wasn't woe is me, it wouldn't be right... she'd be acting out of what her character knows/how she deals with things. Maybe she'll grow some metaphorical balls later on but for it just to happen out of the blue, it would be stupid.

I for one disliked Rob and Kat(Cat?) Stark, but was still sad to see them go. Arya is my favourite character and her and Bran's arcs are going to get a lot more interesting I think.

Shrug, it's still the best TV show out there

16. psilo110

psilo110 Post Pimp

Instagram:
    1ll_3quipt
    Game of Thrones
    Hodor is the best character on the show other than the wolves.

17. GoldenArmKid

GoldenArmKid Line of Credit

Name:
    Jared
    flickr:
    goldenarmkid
    Instagram:
    goldenarmkid
    Game of Thrones
    I might be the minority here, but I'm enjoying Brans arc more than the others right now. The Hodor Neck snapping incident was the best thing all episode.

18. soda pop SMASH

soda pop SMASH Addicted

Name:
    simon
    Instagram:
    mightyxhealthy
    Game of Thrones
    when they captured him and were taunting/hurting him, it was probably the hardest thing to watch in the whole show so far... that and watching Arya when Ned was beheaded

19. SaintOfSpinners

SaintOfSpinners Side Dealer

Instagram:
    monkwgun
    Game of Thrones
    I like watching Bran because I enjoy the shamanistic story line. It's the one story that steps away from the rest though it will be a while to get there.

Arya is going to get really interesting. Poor, bad-ass little girl.

Hang in there. Long series always have their dull arcs. Cant please everyone always. I could do without the Iron Born.

20. Lixx

Lixx Mr. Grumpy™

flickr:
    lixx
    Game of Thrones
    just this season of the show

21. SaintOfSpinners

SaintOfSpinners Side Dealer

Instagram:
    monkwgun
    Game of Thrones
    [​IMG]

22. melek_taus

melek_taus Mini Boss

Name:
    Ryan
    Game of Thrones
    Hodor. Hodor!

23. Anti Social Andy

Anti Social Andy Die-Cast

Game of Thrones
    Nah, you just need to lower yer expectations and go with it! ;)

24. smurph

smurph Comment King

Name:
    Sam
    Game of Thrones
    Agreed with everything you said (although Catelyn Stark grew on me), just edited for brevity ;)

I'll go ahead and admit that it took me way longer than it should've to realize the map changes during the opening credits.
    It's a clever idea and works as a good heads-up for who's storylines are going to be focused on prior to any given episode.

Speaking of Theon: I was initially happy to see him pay for his wrongdoing.... but DAMN at this point I can't help but feel bad for the guy. That Ramsay Snow sure did a number on him. Not so cocksure these days, eh? :x

Edited for brevity

25. toothaction

toothaction Team Tsubu Staff Member

Name:
    David
    flickr:
    toothaction
    Instagram:
    thebeautifulpuffin
    Game of Thrones