The good ol' hockey game

Discussion in 'Whatever' started by ultrakaiju, Sep 20, 2011.

1. dtoes

dtoes Toy Prince

Name:
    Drew
    Instagram:
    un.affiliated
    The good ol' hockey game
    Can't believe the bruins dropped two at home

2. Lixx

Lixx Mr. Grumpy™

flickr:
    lixx
    The good ol' hockey game
    Two? Tonight was the first game in the series, so they only lost one.

I love how all the Bruins haters on Yahoo NHL come out of the woodwork to call for suspensions of Lucic etc, and how the Bruins are a bunch of goons. Makes me chuckle mightily. Goon squads don't capture the Presidents Trophy for best record in the league and one game does not make a series. I think the Bruins have proved over the last few years that losing streaks never last long at all. It will be a tight series I'm sure, but then again when isn't a playoff hockey series? Unless your team is completely outmatched.

toothaction likes this.
  3. dtoes

dtoes Toy Prince

Name:
    Drew
    Instagram:
    un.affiliated
    The good ol' hockey game
    Oops my fault, my friend told me two so i jumped the gun.

Im sure boston will win, i have them going to the finals in the east. I like the style of the Bruins "tough-gritty" play and can't see any other team in the east that can strong arm them. BUT since detroit is in the east now I think it gives Boston matchup problems because detroit being from the west is whole diff style of hockey than what east teams are us to. Also Babcock is a very smart coach

4. dtoes

dtoes Toy Prince

Name:
    Drew
    Instagram:
    un.affiliated
    The good ol' hockey game
    Lixx^

I def agree with all your points. Hockey playoffs is anyones game, its always anyones series until you lose four. What team are you rooting for?

5. ultrakaiju

ultrakaiju Die-Cast Staff Member

The good ol' hockey game
    Yeah, thanks Oli. I was working night shift again, but made sure to record an extra hour after the game just in case this time (especially after that triple overtime game). Happy to take the win. Tampa came out much stronger than Game 1, I assume after watching tape of their terrible performance, but in the end they just didn't mount any offense, even with the chances we were giving them. I am really hoping we can get our PP kicking though, we are going to need it working right to advance. Bring on the home ice!

6. Lixx

Lixx Mr. Grumpy™

flickr:
    lixx
    The good ol' hockey game
    Why the Bruins of course ;) Been a fan since the Neely, Oates, Bourque days.

toothaction likes this.
  7. ultrakaiju

ultrakaiju Die-Cast Staff Member

The good ol' hockey game
    As much as the Bruins are our bitter rivals, I have to give props for Cam Neely, being my hometown boy.

8. Lixx

Lixx Mr. Grumpy™

flickr:
    lixx
    The good ol' hockey game
    ^^ Cam Neely all time favorite player.

Truth be told that Bruins-Wings game was dull though. I hate the way the Redwings play, it's so boring to watch (except for Datsyuk). I like a real fast paced physical game with tons of big hits and breakaways. I'm having more fun watching the Blues- Hawks! Going to overtime again (watching now). That Seabrook hit was pretty dirty, he's going to be suspended a game at least.

toothaction likes this.
  9. dtoes

dtoes Toy Prince

Name:
    Drew
    Instagram:
    un.affiliated
    The good ol' hockey game
    I love fast pace and hits...

Have you tuned into the Sharks vs Kings series?!!

10. gatchabert

gatchabert Prototype

Name:
    Danny_Zuko
    flickr:
    gatchabert
    Instagram:
    gatchabert
    The good ol' hockey game
    I never thought I'd be rooting for the Blue Jackets but...hell yeah! Let's hope they keep up the hard work and boot the Pens out of the play-offs.

11. T.J.

T.J. Addicted

Name:
    TJ
    The good ol' hockey game
    Embarrassing, What is it going to take for the Pens to play some defense and understand that when you are up by 2 you don't have to try to score 4 more.

I will say though now that Nash is gone I wouldn't mind seeing the Jackets make it deep into the playoffs.

12. dtoes

dtoes Toy Prince

Name:
    Drew
    Instagram:
    un.affiliated
    The good ol' hockey game
    If the 'jackets continue they will also get into fleury's head and the pens are in a lot of trouble. Lets see what happens in columbus....

13. nefasth

nefasth Mini Boss

flickr:
    nefasth
    Instagram:
    nefasth
    The good ol' hockey game
    Hope Chara man up and drop the gloves by the end of this game :roll:

14. Lixx

Lixx Mr. Grumpy™

flickr:
    lixx
    The good ol' hockey game
    We're just waiting to pummel the Habs! ;)

toothaction likes this.
  15. dtoes

dtoes Toy Prince

Name:
    Drew
    Instagram:
    un.affiliated
    The good ol' hockey game
    Haha i would love to see him man up :)

16. nefasth

nefasth Mini Boss

flickr:
    nefasth
    Instagram:
    nefasth
    The good ol' hockey game
    Ha !

So my dad just came in by the end of the game - open the door, see Chara on the screen and mumble something about him dropping dead for he's a coward (in english, he's Anglo...) We rarely see eyes to eyes on these things so for tonight : Vive Zedno ! - I'm finding him some humanitarian qualities just for the sake of it :lol:

17. Lixx

Lixx Mr. Grumpy™

flickr:
    lixx
    The good ol' hockey game
    Chara is one of the best defenseman in the NHL. He's got 17 goals this season and is great at penalty killing, why would he take himself off the ice because some 4th line pugilist wants to lose a fight to him? He's smarter than that.

Now when someone cheap shots a team-mate or is running amok he does. Like last year when Emelin found out the hard way after spearing Seguin. Hate on Chara all you want if he drops the gloves the other guy is going to be in a world of pain.

I love how everyone hates the Bruins calling them goons etc. Yeah right, like a team of goons wins the Presidents Trophy?! So much skill on this team. People just whine because no team in the NHL can match up with them physically.

toothaction likes this.
  18. dtoes

dtoes Toy Prince

Name:
    Drew
    Instagram:
    un.affiliated
    The good ol' hockey game
    I dont think anyone would argue with you that chara is a crappy player. From my experience watching I think for such a big guy he does some questionable stuff and usually skates away from it. I mean yeah im sure he would pummel most "smaller" dudes but from most of the fights ive seen him in he just "takes" dudes down by wrestling them to the ice. Maybe he doesnt like to fight or is too smart for it I can see both sides.

As for mo team being able to match up against the bruins i think respectfully there are a few teams in the west that would be great potential match ups for them (sharks, kings, ducks, blues, bhawks, and yeab ill throw in the avs why not) ALL with physical players that play at a fast pace.... I can see the bruins owning in the east but any of the west teams i mentioned will probably be facing them in the finals. I believe any of them will be a very hard matchup for them....

19. dtoes

dtoes Toy Prince

Name:
    Drew
    Instagram:
    un.affiliated
    The good ol' hockey game
    Dont get me wrong im not going against you (lixx) i love the bruins tough grind, strong blue line, and great goaltending type of hockey ( which i think is the perfect formula) i just like to talk hockey. I really do think they have a very successful formula in Boston...

20. Lixx

Lixx Mr. Grumpy™

flickr:
    lixx
    The good ol' hockey game
    Well I've watched every Bruins game for years so I definitely watched them vs the West this year. They went an incredible 18-4-6 vs the Western Conference. So not really worried. I don't think it will be easy but barring injuries and getting past the East....

As far as Chara and fights, Koci was pretty big:

toothaction likes this.
  21. dtoes

dtoes Toy Prince

Name:
    Drew
    Instagram:
    un.affiliated
    The good ol' hockey game
    @lixx

Bruins are having a killer year, that is an impressive run against the west this year, and that might have been the best chara fight I have ever seen.

22. dtoes

dtoes Toy Prince

Name:
    Drew
    Instagram:
    un.affiliated
    The good ol' hockey game
    Sharks!!!!

23. greg

greg Line of Credit

Name:
    greg
    The good ol' hockey game
    Don't even need to post anything since Lixx got shit covered ;)

24. dtoes

dtoes Toy Prince

Name:
    Drew
    Instagram:
    un.affiliated
    The good ol' hockey game
    Love seeing the ducks lose especially getting shutout

25. Lixx

Lixx Mr. Grumpy™

flickr:
    lixx
    The good ol' hockey game
    Congratulations Les Habitants on your sweep of Tampa Bay. So seriously who do you want more Boston or Detroit?

toothaction likes this.