The Walking Dead television series!!!!

Discussion in 'Whatever' started by deadboy, Aug 12, 2009.

1. smurph

smurph Comment King

Name:
    Sam
    Glad I didn't put any money on that :lol:

Agreed. Def an intense episode... edge of my seat for a lot of it.

Was Morgan in the episode??? I sure as shit missed it, if so...
    If you guys are going off previews PLEASE use a spoiler tag. I avoid "on the next episode of's" for a reason :|

2. Lixx

Lixx Mr. Grumpy™

flickr:
    lixx

I'm pleasantly surprised by this. Perhaps AMC listened when they heard the groans of everyone saying "Oh no not the farm, the prison, Woodbury, insert location here.....all season!"

Yeah you saw him after the credits rolled. Go back an make sure you let those go through first. About 39 secs of additional footage.

3. smurph

smurph Comment King

Name:
    Sam
    Completely missed it. Usually tend to shut off at end credits to avoid any bits of the sneak preview.

Thanks for the info!

4. Waterbear

Waterbear Line of Credit

They actually showed the end of the episode after the preview for next weeks episode so anyone who avoids the preview for next week might be kind of screwed this season.

5. smurph

smurph Comment King

Name:
    Sam
    ^^ just went back for a watch and noticed that. Muted the tv and tried to stare solely at the credits rolling underneath.

That's easily my biggest gripe with AMC: all the incessant hype and promotion.
    You can't even watch a movie without constantly being reminded that new episodes of TWD are airing on Sunday :x

6. Waterbear

Waterbear Line of Credit

I agree completely. I realized last year that I can't stand watching anything on AMC unless it's already recorded so I can skip past the constant commercials. I know there is a new walking dead because I'm sitting there watching it! That plus the annoying talking dead host reminding me the episode is almost over just bugs the crap out of me. If I didn't have a DVR thing I would probably wait for netflix or something.

7. Lixx

Lixx Mr. Grumpy™

flickr:
    lixx
    Season pass from iTunes my friends. No commercials + you get a 5-6 minute inside the episode interviews with cast, writers etc. with each new episode. I have to wait till Monday morning to download it but its super quick, HD, and no annoying commercials. When the seasons over I just dump the season folder to my external drive to free up space. Eazy peezy japaneezy!

Fuck cable. I'd rather pay $2.69 (which it averages to) an episode with my pass and own them all and have marathons whenever I want to. Oh and if I ever see Chris Hardwick I'm going to throat punch him. Without a doubt one of the most annoying people on the planet. Lol.

Oh and one last thing. In interviews the cast/writers need to stop that whole pushing "the humans are more dangerous this season" angle. We get it. That's been the basis of the comic from the beginning. Also going back to season 2 we've kind of established that on the TV show right? Randall's gang/Shane, then season 3 with the Governor & Woodbury, last season the Governor again with a new crew, Joe's gang & Terminus. WE know, we know, the humans are more dangerous!

8. trueadrn

trueadrn Line of Credit

Name:
    Adrian
    Instagram:
    adrians_flip_phone
    ^ thats what I did for season 4. I watch the 1st episode on AMC.com then buy the rest on iTunes.

Enjoyed this one and was glad to see Morgan back. Looking forward to more.

9. psilo110

psilo110 Post Pimp

Instagram:
    1ll_3quipt
    [​IMG]

looking forward to another season of Rick yelling CAAARL

10. trueadrn

trueadrn Line of Credit

Name:
    Adrian
    Instagram:
    adrians_flip_phone
    his accent does throw me every now and again. But so did the "then" "now" of the first show.

Gonna watch it again. Feels like I missed something. Was the one guy they freed one of the rapist? the one that screamed "you're one of us" lol -the one that was eaten right after they 'saved' him.

I was thinking they would go back to where Carol and Ty buried the girls but what mullet muttered leads me to think that this will be traveling to DC season. It would be cool if they split and find a way to communicate.

11. The Moog

The Moog Die-Cast

This season premier was one of the most enjoyable episodes yet . . .
    I like that they are still using lots of old-school prosthetic gore effects too.

I've recently read 1-16 of the trade paperbacks so its very interesting to see what the script writers do with the story.
    Also, how all the extra characters who aren't in the comic book add to the TV show.

I was amused to see two actors from The Wire in the same scene in episode two, and how the wimpy priest character is a nice departure
    from the head-cracking police detective he plays on The Wire.

12. dtoes

dtoes Toy Prince

Name:
    Drew
    Instagram:
    un.affiliated
    I'm so glad I....

ate dinner before watching the most recent episode :mrgreen:

13. Lixx

Lixx Mr. Grumpy™

flickr:
    lixx
    Actually three if you count Bob & Tyrese. I was hard for me to see Seth Gilliam as Father Gabriel but he did an excellent job. I kept half expecting him morph back into Carver and bust some skulls. The girl in that picture that he encountered as a zombie earlier looked like the older girl from 90210 (not that I ever watched that show but remember the media frenzy in the 90's).

So far so good but I'm sad about Bob. I like Bob.

Also everyone caught that Tyrese wimped out taking out Martin from the first episode right ? When Bob sort of wakes up he was one of the first guys in that campfire I spotted (and I think knocked Bob out in the first place). I'm pretty sure if it follows the comics Bob got bit (taking the place of Dale in the story) as well that's why he was outside crying.

14. eckotyper

eckotyper Post Pimp

Name:
    Mike
    beef jerky... nice teriyaki marinade, with some pepper pods mixed in... mmmmm

15. Waterbear

Waterbear Line of Credit

He should have made bob eat some of that BBQ.

16. dtoes

dtoes Toy Prince

Name:
    Drew
    Instagram:
    un.affiliated

that would have been even more messed up, but hey why not? The foot on the grill and the shots of all of them grubbin' was sick haha

17. The Moog

The Moog Die-Cast

Oh, yeah . . . i forgot about Tyreese / Cutty . . . . !!

18. trueadrn

trueadrn Line of Credit

Name:
    Adrian
    Instagram:
    adrians_flip_phone
    I figured he was bit... so if you eat cooked zombie meat does that mean you die? Karma!

19. kopponigen

kopponigen Post Pimp

flickr:
    kopponigen
    Instagram:
    kopponigen
    I thought everyone was infected and you had to die to turn...

20. trueadrn

trueadrn Line of Credit

Name:
    Adrian
    Instagram:
    adrians_flip_phone
    true but why would their bite be lethal? I'm thinking eating it will have the same effect? Dunno just wondering

21. eckotyper

eckotyper Post Pimp

Name:
    Mike
    you just blew my mind lol

22. Waterbear

Waterbear Line of Credit

I really don't know. To make sense the bite would have to simply poison people and the death is what turns them. That would explain why are walkers considered harmless when they have their teeth removed like the pro-wrestling fights they had in woodbury for example. At the same time people have been infected in other ways. Wasn't one of the prisoners infected by a stab from a walkers exposed bone awhile back? I guess I'm confused by the difference between them being contagious and poisonous. If they are just poisonous tons of people should be dead because of how sloppy they are when they kill walkers and get blood splattered all over their faces.

23. kopponigen

kopponigen Post Pimp

flickr:
    kopponigen
    Instagram:
    kopponigen
    Well, my point was that everyone, dead or alive, has the 'zombie sickness'. But you're only a zombie if you die. So really getting a bite or scratch doesn't make a difference. We know this as an audience but I'm not sure most of the characters know this. Also, a zombie bite, like any bite really, may cause infection and be lethal.

24. Lixx

Lixx Mr. Grumpy™

flickr:
    lixx
    Ehhh everyone I know loved this last episode '4 Walls and a Roof'. It really didn't keep my interest. Yeah you knew Gareth & Co. were getting brutally killed but that was what- 5 seconds of the entire episode? Whole lot of lets debate and get angry at each other. Dialogue was lame, and really Sasha cares so much about Bob that she'd rather go kill someone than be there when he actually wakes up as he's about ready to die? Some lame ass post apocalyptic g/f she'd be :lol: Also they need to stop mentioning the episode name in the dialogue- it's cheesy.

I can't believe the next set of words are coming out of my mouth- I'm actually looking forward to see what happened to Beth for the next few episodes (hoping she dies still though). I suspect it will have something to do with Daryl & Carol taking off in the car and only Daryl returning but really didn't this all happen the same night? I know Beth's in a hospital in Atlanta, so how the hell did they round trip that so quickly? I thought Atlanta was long gone, as in they travelled pretty far from it by now.

EDIT: yeah according to this fan made Google map I had saved from 2010 Father Gabriel is somewhere in Tennesee, so yeah it's far. Guess the show is only lightly following the comics on locales:

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8 ... 43,,,0,-31

25. dtoes

dtoes Toy Prince

Name:
    Drew
    Instagram:
    un.affiliated
    I think don't think Daryl comes back with Beth...