The Walking Dead television series!!!!

Discussion in 'Whatever' started by deadboy, Aug 12, 2009.

1. ButcherBrand

ButcherBrand Addicted

Name:
    Butch
    Instagram:
    butcherbrand
    When Rick said we are the walking dead I literally heard all of the sighs from skullbrain, like a mllion voices screaming out at once. Boring episode indeed.

2. bunnyboy

bunnyboy Side Dealer

After reading Lixx's comment, I watched it at twice the normal speed and it was still incredibly boring and pointless. I'm done until I read about the pace picking up again, would rather re-watch the first two seasons of Banshee than one more minute of this shit.

3. Kevlo9

Kevlo9 Super Deformed

Yeah, such a waste of an episode and may have made more sense earlier in the run.

The last scene was good and I like where it's heading (I've been reading the comics).

4. Grizlli

Grizlli S7 Royalty

flickr:
    grizlli_atom
    Instagram:
    grizlli_atom
    I know I'm a week late and a dollar short but am I the only person you liked tyreese and was bummed he died? I don't read the comics at all so maybe ever one saw it coming. But I really liked his danny glover meets John Henry vibe. I wanted a buddy cop style spinoff of him and the baby. Like her as a toddler causing havoc. Him smashing zombies like a man bear, then saying under his breath "I'm getting too old for this"

5. Waterbear

Waterbear Line of Credit

Yeah man I could have picked half a dozen other people I would have wanted to go before he did. Still though they all deserve to get chomped on for walking around in a world full of zombies and never bothering to use any protection at all. Hell just duct tape around the forearms and lower legs would make a huge difference. Even better make prison armor with duct tape and newspaper. Even a decent leather jacket would have saved a bunch of them. Fools walking around in t-shirts are asking to be food.

6. Lixx

Lixx Mr. Grumpy™

flickr:
    lixx
    OH I loved Tyreese! Even though they toned him down way too much (from the comics) I sort of loved his trademark "Ain't nobody gotta die today!" line. I think he used it at least 3-4 times. Chad Coleman was great. Tyreese should have lived, too bad the writers had him do something stupid like stare at some pictures with a zombie in the next room. I think it was a case of too many right hand men for Rick: Daryl, Glenn, Abe etc. I also liked Bob and wish he stayed. Dead weight like Maggie, Daryl, Tara, Carl need to go.

7. Grizlli

Grizlli S7 Royalty

flickr:
    grizlli_atom
    Instagram:
    grizlli_atom
    Agree with all that. I feel like at this point they should all be right hand men. Survival of the fittest says everyone in that group should be walking talking murder machines.

I actually thought with as manyou characters as they have now that the group would split. I was actually expecting a team rick and team tyresse. Clearly I was wrong.

8. psilo110

psilo110 Post Pimp

Instagram:
    1ll_3quipt
    so...

about that cut on Abraham's arm: is he going to hulk out into a zombie wrecking ball & tear through these haggard limp wristed hipsters & if so, how many episodes do you think we will have to suffer through until then?!

9. Waterbear

Waterbear Line of Credit

That episode didn't suck.

10. psilo110

psilo110 Post Pimp

Instagram:
    1ll_3quipt
    all this time
    I thought the show's token homosexual was Darryl!?

11. Lixx

Lixx Mr. Grumpy™

flickr:
    lixx
    Ehh I never feel like this group is ever really in danger anymore, unless it's a premiere, finale, midseason finale/midseason premiere. Or they need to trim the support cast. Does anyone else get that? Zombies = zero threat unless you do something dumb like look at pictures. The whole fascination with tension and holy crap what would you do in this situation (and I'd even extend that to the moral dilemmas of Season 2) has evaporated. Now I just watch to see what aspect of the comic gets ruined next or I just hate watch saying of course so an so is escaping they never were in danger, and cue meaningless sappy dialogue.

I hear
    Douglas the crazed senator leader of ASZ is not even going to be included in the show. They decided to remix the character into a female leader. Which I don't mind but I liked that crazed Douglas was so lecherous lusting after Andrea and cued Rick into seeing how phony the place was. Guess since they effed up Andrea and killed her off...

12. Yuck!!!

Yuck!!! Side Dealer

flickr:
    yucktoys
    Instagram:
    yucktoys
    Wasn't a totally sucky episode, but I think with my current overall opinion of the show it is hard for me to look past annoyances like how Glenn could have missed a road full of walkers while driving, and how weird and jarring the intimacy and affection from Aaron and Eric was when we see just a fraction of that from other characters who would be as close, Rick and his children, Maggie and Glenn. I am an out gay person, I don't wan't to sound like I am coming from a place of homophobia, but I have seen it done in other shows (which makes it no surprise the lazy writing of TWD followed suit) where queer characters are introduced and seemingly the only way the writers thought they could communicate that is with physical intimacy that doesn't otherwise fit in with the mood of the show/film. It makes them instantly 1 dimensional which is sad because alternate sexualities in a apocalyptic world could actually be an interesting storyline for well done character(s).

13. truslithers

truslithers Toy Prince

I didn't think it was the worst episode ever but it was really slow throughout. The cast needs to be trimmed for sure and they will be.

14. Yuck!!!

Yuck!!! Side Dealer

flickr:
    yucktoys
    Instagram:
    yucktoys
    I am liking this new arch so far. Tonight's episode actually had some genuine suspense going on which was a nice change of pace from chaotic constant zombie fleeing. I can't think of any glaringly annoying characterization, and it's always nice when I can say that about a TWD ep.

15. Lixx

Lixx Mr. Grumpy™

flickr:
    lixx
    Yeah I didn't mind last night's episode either. It was bizarre at first to see shifts in the group dynamic towards the end when they were settling in. It became almost like everyone was drifting back into their pre-apocalypse role. Was really glad to see they didn't actually let their guard down. I was also good to see Daryl reverting back to angry redneck again, oh and loved it when Glenn dropped super patriot ROTC Jr.

16. Waterbear

Waterbear Line of Credit

Carrol's interview was hilarious. She is one very smart woman.

17. Lixx

Lixx Mr. Grumpy™

flickr:
    lixx
    Yeah she's definitely telling them what they want to hear. I miss my husband every day....yeah ok.

18. Yuck!!!

Yuck!!! Side Dealer

flickr:
    yucktoys
    Instagram:
    yucktoys
    I feel like they rubbed in how perceptive Deanna is enough that she is bound to see through Carol's lies regardless of how good a job she did.

19. Lixx

Lixx Mr. Grumpy™

flickr:
    lixx
    It's a set up that's going to go one way or another. Carol's assumed passivity, will help the group and surprise Alexandria residents when they take over the place and get their weapons back- OR- Deanna is going to call that poker bluff and pull a reverse on Carol. I'm thinking to former rather than the latter. Rick will get a line about a poker bluff for sure lol. Hey the finale episode is called 'Conquer' btw!

Anyone else think another reason they wants Rick group there is to help against a rival group outside the walls? I sure hope they don't bring Negan too soon. I find him annoying in the comic but I'm hoping they save that for another season.

20. Waterbear

Waterbear Line of Credit

Yeah I think the people she mentioned that were exiled will play a role soon. I am guessing the teenage girl sneaking out has something to do with it. All just guesses though since I didn't go this far in the comics.

21. drybones69

drybones69 Addicted

Name:
    Kevin
    Instagram:
    d_b_138
    I've never read the comics, but I'm really expecting who ever the "wolf" character is to show up at some point. He broke through the walls at the last town they were at and managed to chainsaw a bunch of people in half. Maybe Deanna is expecting something and knows she needed to bring Ricks crew in to stand a chance.

22. Anti Social Andy

Anti Social Andy Die-Cast

Best episode this season by a country mile!

23. Waterbear

Waterbear Line of Credit

I am quoting myself because now Carrol is my new favorite character!

24. Lixx

Lixx Mr. Grumpy™

flickr:
    lixx
    Carol's speech to that kid was hilarious. My favorite part though was Sasha at the party. The banter from the partygoers is exactly the kind of shit that annoys me now let alone post apocalypse. Why does it not surprise me there would still be people like that? Can't wait for Deanna to be eaten by zombies. She's a little to maniacal about Alexandria.

25. psilo110

psilo110 Post Pimp

Instagram:
    1ll_3quipt
    I am just surprised that there are still fat people in Alexandria since everything is rationed