Introductions

Discussion in 'Whatever' started by TiredChildren, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Gnoblar

Gnoblar Fresh Meat

Name:
    Sam
    Instagram:
    Gnoblar
    Introductions
    Started collecting vintage Japanese toys over a year ago, started following paul and rich around the same time. Started buying newer toys last summer. Only started giving a shit about the hobby recently. Figured it was time to make an account and say hi.
    Instagram: @gnoblar

2. Alebrije

Alebrije Line of Credit

Name:
    Roger
    Instagram:
    alebrije616
    Introductions
    Welcome! :D

3. MiscreationToys

MiscreationToys Toy Prince

Name:
    Jeremi
    Instagram:
    miscreationtoys
    Introductions
    Just wanted to say hello! My name is Jeremi, I make toys, paint toys and also collect them when I can. I've been making weird custom toys for many years and I know they are not everyone's cup of tea so I won't be posting too much, just what I feel is appropriate! Think I know a few of you on here already so I look forward to checking out some of your posts. Thanks!!

4. Kaijuice

Kaijuice Fresh Meat

Introductions
    Hello, all. I've made two posts already, but only noticed this thread now. I'm new to the hobby of collecting vinyl toys, but I've been a fan of them for quite a while. I would often check out news sites about them and things like that, as well as gawk at the pieces displayed at comic-con for 3 years in a row now.

I'd love a beautiful shelf of pieces I've been keen on for so long, that's my goal. As of right now I only have a plain ol' standard size Ghidorah and Rodan, they could use some company. Glow in the dark, clear, painted -- it's all so exciting.

5. trueadrn

trueadrn Line of Credit

Name:
    Adrian
    Instagram:
    adrians_flip_phone
    Introductions
    welcome guys

6. hellointerloper

hellointerloper S7 Royalty

Name:
    Maddie
    Instagram:
    hellointerloper
    Introductions
    Welcome Jeremi! There's been a thread up about your stuff for some time now over here, I'm sure most would enjoy your input! ;)

And welcome Kaijuice! This place is full of great info about vintage and modern vinyl toys. Plenty of stuff to gawk at.

7. VinnieNylon

VinnieNylon Fresh Meat

Name:
    VinnieNylon
    flickr:
    mister-nylon
    Introductions
    Finally got myself on here at the recommendation of flickr friend The Moog, thank you.
    Vinnie Nylon, pop and low brow artist with 30 years of street and graffiti art under my widening belt. I have been collecting toys almost as long as the art and the two obsessions have kind of morphed into one what with smurfs and sponge bobs, godzilla, esso man and all manner of advertising characters now cropping up in my paintings.
    My toy collecting is purely based on what I am drawn to at the time, I do not do sets or storing things on bubble pack cards, I am not a nerd and even after some 25 years of collecting toys I do not have a great deal of knowledge about the companies and what else they made. However, with new contacts and shared information we all end up benefiting and filling gaps in our collections.
    Mainly collecting American, English and Japanese toys, lots of cute squeakies, advertising mascots such as big boy, michelin man, speedy alka seltzer, snap, crackle and pop etc.. I have many from the 60s and 70s. I also like a lot of deformed Jap stuff such as my ultra men and Godzilla.
    Way way too much to even start to attempt lists or mention in this early rambling intro, lets just leave it at i'm an absolute toy nut, i'm also the admin for the FUNKO group on Flickr.

Thankyou James for the account activation.

Speak to you all on the forums, Cheers!

8. truslithers

truslithers Toy Prince

Introductions
    Hi guys my artist name is Tru Slithers and my friends call me K-Bo (my dj name and a nickname I was given as a kid). I have an instagram if you want to check out my work. I have recently gotten into painting kaiju toys. My favorite artists are Paul Kaiju, Scott Radke, Jake Waldron, Mutant Vinyl Hardcore (altho I havent gotten a piece from him yet), Skinner, Yamomark, Jetturre, and Alex Pardee to name a few. If you want to check out my work and some of my collection here's my instagram. Glad to join the boards....

instagram.com/truslithers

9. VinnieNylon

VinnieNylon Fresh Meat

Name:
    VinnieNylon
    flickr:
    mister-nylon
    Introductions
    I think I might be in the wrong place already, i'm hearing all sorts of rules and talk of people going on the attack.
    Before I start wasting my time posting a load of toys that nobody is interested in i'll just take a sit back and relax and look around.
    Seems I might already have committed a faux pas apparently.
    Hmmm. :roll:

10. bunnyboy

bunnyboy Side Dealer

Introductions
    Sounds sensible.

11. The Moog

The Moog Die-Cast

Introductions
    Alright mate, glad you got activated.

I think nearly everyone unintentionally annoys some of the old-timers in some way or other when they first join.
    Its pretty normal . . . . i certainly did. One of the mods had to have a quite word with me because i upset a few people.

Have a look at these:

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=45124

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=13719

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=13720

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=13721

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=11257

12. Retro603

Retro603 Fresh Meat

Introductions
    Hey everyone,

My name is Steve, I have been collecting something ever since I was a kid. First it was rocks and coins, then it became action figures, Legos and PEZ dispensers. I started collecting mostly Western Designer Vinyl 7 years ago and don't really do so anymore. I have been in the process of transforming my collection to basically only kaiju sofubi and 3A in the past two years. I have always been an avid art enthusiast. Personally, I am a chef in the works, as well as a small organic farmer. So my artistry is on a total different medium. I don't have a large budget for collecting, so I really only buy the things I truly love and that will fit into my collection well. I'm an extreme DIY guy, my lady and I have just about everything from scratch at home(jams/pickles/preserves/bread/yogurt/kefir/etc.) I am very into supporting local agriculture/art/anything and do so as much as I can to help the community I live in. We are also in the starting phase of figuring out/designing a miniature home to live in. We will be moving to Tennessee in 2-3 years to start a small farm with a few friends of ours outside of Nashville and are very excited to do so.

Yeah, so that's a bit of what i'm all about. I look forward to joining this community and learning more about this new world of art that I have always drooled over but never gotten involved in. I'm excited to learn more about it all and discover new artists and sculpts etc.

Thanks for reading, and nice to kind of? meet ya'all. :D

13. Rhuff6249

Rhuff6249 Fresh Meat

Name:
    Bob
    Introductions
    I'm rhuff6249...a 46 year old banker from Marco Island, Florida. When I'm not working I spend the majority of my time fly fishing in the Everglades. I have been collecting toys as long as I can remember. In fact, I still have my original shogun Godzilla I got for Christmas in the late 70's. I enjoy creativity and whimsy in all my toys and I am a complete sucker for anything GID. Seriously, if it glows I'm all in! Perhaps it's my age...but my toy collection is pretty diverse. On the Sofubi side I am a huge Zollmen and Yamomark x Blobpus fan. My love of Blobpus GID paints has introduced me to Paul Kaiju and MVH. Don't own much of either artist, but hope to remedy that in the near future.

I am here to establish positive relationships that are beneficial to the board, my collection and hopefully yours. Thanks for reading...

Bob

14. Average_Torso

Average_Torso Toy Prince

Name:
    Tommy
    Instagram:
    Averagetorsotoys
    Introductions
    New guy/Fresh Meat

Hello everyone!

My name is Tommy Bakara and I live in Dayton, Ohio. Was introduced to this amazing community through a sale of a Walking Killer from the Gargamel 2015 lucky bag! Thank you monstaislandczar if you are out there haha. I'm a HUGE fan of Gargamel and have been getting pretty involved with collecting all the micros, they are awesome. My collection is a mixture of many sofubi figures to releases from Ferg, Scott Wilkowski, Frank Kozik(sofubi hateball stuff) Chris Ryniak, and Ewok. But that's just to name a few. Anyway, hope to learn a lot from this place

15. psilo110

psilo110 Post Pimp

Instagram:
    1ll_3quipt
    Introductions
    welcome new members. I remember being called out within my first two posts... hang in there =P

16. Joe-show

Joe-show Fresh Meat

Introductions
    Thought I would say hello for my 1st post
    just moved from the UK to Canada & have my secret base collection finally out of storage, haven't brought anything for a few years & has been nice to see new pieces I've missed

Thank you James for activation

17. nikweeler

nikweeler Fresh Meat

Introductions
    Hi everyone. My name is Nick. I'm from Sacramento California. Long time lurker first time poster. Really enjoy what this board seems to represent. Hope to spend a lot of years here collecting some good toy karma. Really into blobpus, hirota, atom a, ELegab. Starting to get into some of the american artists like mvh splurrt Skinner and all that. Loved some of the customs people have on here. You guys make amazing art. Good luck to all participating in the clutter show. Excited to see the results. Thank you all and hello to all my new friends!

*****edit***** I have thoroughly read all of the rules so I have a huge respect for this community and hope to honor it thank you

18. bryce_r

bryce_r Die-Cast

Introductions
    hmm

19. VelvetElvis8541

VelvetElvis8541 Fresh Meat

Introductions
    I hope everyone is well. My name is JD and I am from Baltimore! I am a long time lurker first time poster but I hope to meet like minded collectors. I look forward to being apart of the toy community and hope to represent it well.

20. drNEMO

drNEMO Fresh Meat

Name:
    Devlin
    Instagram:
    RxNemo
    Introductions
    aloha and so forth. I will now introduce myself. I'm Dev. toys are great, they make me happy and have been one of my primary drugs of choice since childhood. I started out with Hot Wheels, LEGO, GI Joes, Ninja Turtles, Star Wars, Battle Beasts and that ilk. a child of the 80's. now that I'm an adult, little has changed, with the exception of the cost of what I used to (and still do) collect.

I discovered the true world of Kaiju/Sofubi a couple years ago. when I was young, I had a few friends who were Japanese and whose parents would occasionally travel there and bring back Japanese toys. they always appealed to me, but since my exposure to Ultraman etc. was so limited, I never had the opportunity to get into them. now that I pilot my own ship, I've discovered a love for a few avenues. I'm primarily a Skull Head Butt freak, but I also dig Target Earth, Longneck and some others. as a horror and B-movie junkie, anything monster, robot, zombie or just ugly and disturbing is up my alley. anything representing La Voyage dans la Lune (SHB, Longneck's Yusei Majins, etc.) is going to be my #1 fantasy. also, who doesn't like Halloween? so, I won't pontificate further, but there you have it - I'm a toy nut from birth who collects feverishly the things that remind me of how childhood and adolescence were awesome, more awesome than what's happening in current culture. I appreciate everyone here, stoked there's a place with like-minded toyfreaks, looking forward to gabbing with those who I don't yet know.

PS - I'm an artist and glassblower, so should anyone here need me for those abilities, let me know. I make a lot of glass accessories for my monsters, because, well, I guess because I can. toys & respect.

dr. NEMO.

21. Fandango

Fandango Fresh Meat

Introductions
    Hello all I am Chris from the UK. I am 32 and work in the dull world of I.T. Very new to this toy collecting business I mainly collect art and prints and got led into the toys when a couple of artists I follow had some releases (drew millward, godmachine). They arrived and I loved them, from there I saw this crazy thing called Krawluss via The Art of Skinner. I took the plunge on it as it looked so so cool and I wasn't disappointed when it arrived. It blew my mind and now I am looking to learn and discover more and add to my collection. I have been buying a few smaller pieces (ministry of kongz, melt monsters, cheesestroyer and alot of cast resin figures. I think the main thing I love is the DIY nature of the creation and the art and effort that goes into it all theres some great and talented people around and I love to support them when I can. IG JohnnyFandango feel free to abuse. XXX

22. Boglin Man

Boglin Man Fresh Meat

Introductions
    I'm a 16 year old sofubi/Boglin collector. I got into these hobbies because I grew up watching kaiju movies and 80's horror flicks. My collection is becoming something pretty awesome!...
    [​IMG]

23. Yuck!!!

Yuck!!! Side Dealer

flickr:
    yucktoys
    Instagram:
    yucktoys
    Introductions
    ^^^ Fun collection, that sleeping Goji is an all time favorite. Always nice to see new collectors into old stuff.

24. maxaltoman

maxaltoman Side Dealer

Introductions
    16 !! wow.

25. petitetoilonrouge

petitetoilonrouge S7 Royalty

Name:
    Olivier
    Instagram:
    Petitetoilonrouge
    Introductions
    Indeed. Wasn't there another teenage collector here... Dustin?

Not picking on you Boglin, it just doesn't happen too frequently. :D