Toy dreams

Discussion in 'Whatever' started by ungawa222, Aug 31, 2007.

1. ungawa222

ungawa222 Mini Boss

Name:
    Mike
    Instagram:
    mohair_stones
    Toy dreams
    Anyone else here occasionally dream of finding ultra-cool, totally non-existent toys?

Last night, I dreamt I was in a department store, and I found a really cool Nien Nunb figure on the pegs. He was oddly sized- I would say about eight inches tall- and the sculpt was incredibly, richly detailed. He was clothed in the gear (desert-style headdress and brown and gold robe-thing) he wore in the famous scene where he infiltrated the crowd in Jabba's palace (I know...this did not happen...but it made perfect sense in my dream!), and came packaged on a blister card with small (although just as hyper-realistically sculpted) figures of Jabba and Salacious Crumb.
    The price sticker read $68.99.

2. missy

missy Post Pimp

Name:
    Missy
    flickr:
    walltowallcreeps
    Instagram:
    spazzaferro
    Toy dreams
    I don't think this was ever posted here, but I meant to:

Skylar's testimonial:

so this morning I wake up and roll over and missy is still half asleep, and in that half asleep kind of voice she mutters to me "I had a dream about kaiju."

so I'm like "really? what happened?"

and she sleepily continues "it was about toys. there were 2 of them. they were called Bubby and Bubby's Brother. Brian Flynn put them out. Bubby's Brother was an exclusive."

so by this point I'm cracking up

she then continues to tell me "they were rock guys, tan vinyl. there was a plane too. it was orange and white, like the Ultraman Science Patrol suits. but Julius was the pilot (I'm assuming that she meant the Paul Frank monkey Julius because we have a pillow of him). but he was just a sticker on the toy, you know what I mean?"

I still question whether or not she was fully awake when she told me all this.

& My drawing.
    [​IMG]

Flynn, i'm still supposed to give you the drawing. haha. i lost it when we moved, but its in the house somewhere. I'll mail it as soon as I find it again.

3. pickleloaf

pickleloaf Super Deformed

Toy dreams
    i will never forget the dream i had where i wandered into sears and they had a toy department straight outta 1986

there was a whole wall of M.U.S.C.L.E. and GI Joe figures all prices around 1.00

i was freaking out and tried to grab some to bring them back into the real world after i woke up

4. rhinomilk

rhinomilk Vintage

Name:
    Cuntface
    Toy dreams
    you guys are fuckin' nuts

5. missy

missy Post Pimp

Name:
    Missy
    flickr:
    walltowallcreeps
    Instagram:
    spazzaferro
    Toy dreams
    attention Rhinomilk--you said the word 'nuts' without making a joke about your nuts. I'm sure it was just an oversight, but if you want to maintain your rep, you better remedy that.

6. akum6n

akum6n Vintage

Toy dreams
    I had this dream, but with an old grocery store out in the country that had unreleased versions of Transformers on a back shelf.

7. BloodDrinker6969

BloodDrinker6969 Die-Cast

Name:
    RockStrongo
    Toy dreams
    No. No I have not. Cloesest I've come to this situation was dreaming about buying Splatterhouse when it first came out......than buying it a week later.

8. Roger

Roger Vintage

Name:
    Roger
    Instagram:
    rogzilla71
    Toy dreams
    Every once in a while I have a dream where I'm a kid again and finding vintage Star Wars figures that never existed: R4-M9, Ishi Tib, the animated version of Boba Fett, etc.

9. mangakaben

mangakaben Comment King

Toy dreams
    I had this dream too!!! But the store was in the sewers or underground like shibuya madarake and inside had all the toys i ever wanted and for real cheap and i'd buy them all and when i'd try to go home i'd wake up! Its the most fuck up feeling ever!!! But did u ever have the dream where u sworn you had a figure and when u woke up you actually tried to find it in your room to see if it was actually a dream?? :shock:

10. toybotstudios

toybotstudios Die-Cast

Toy dreams
    but please don't remedy this with any visual aids involving said nuts or kaiju.

11. rhinomilk

rhinomilk Vintage

Name:
    Cuntface
    Toy dreams
    aw c'mon... i just finished uploading it
    [​IMG]

12. mangakaben

mangakaben Comment King

Toy dreams
    lol!!! so wrong, but so funny!!! :twisted:

13. bansheebot

bansheebot Super Deformed

flickr:
    bansheebot
    Instagram:
    bansheebot
    Toy dreams
    It seems like every night I dream about toys. I visit this board right before heading to bed so thoughts of toys are fresh in my head (that rhymes). When I doze off I'm thinking about toys I want, toys I've recently bought, etc. I can't remember any specifics right now but maybe something will come to me soon.

Obsess much.

14. rhinomilk

rhinomilk Vintage

Name:
    Cuntface
    Toy dreams
    well.. this isn't as bad as what i drew in livingdead's sketchbook when he asked me to doodle in it at SDCC

15. Dean

Dean Prototype

Toy dreams
    I had a dream once that I was at this elaborate party at some society matron's mansion. As I wandered through the rooms, I became aware that the hostess had borrowed my Blobpus Dokugan, and that I needed to retrieve it. All the time, I had this weird sensation that the ghost or spirit of the Dokugan was watching me and everyone at the party with its all-seeing eye with some sort of mysterious purpose. I spotted the hostess at one point holding the Dokugan. She said she'd return it to me, then disappeared among the crowd of guests. I kept wandering the rooms, sort of like Tom Cruise's character in "Eyes Wide Shut" at that orgy mansion, wondering where I was going to end up, or how I was going to get the Dokugan back. I woke up feeling frustrated that the hostess never returned the toy, and that the Dokugan never revealed his mysterious purpose.

Yes, we are nuts.

16. ungawa222

ungawa222 Mini Boss

Name:
    Mike
    Instagram:
    mohair_stones
    Toy dreams
    Missy, this is awesome.
    Are you listening, Brian?
    Bubby and Bubby's Brother for the SDCC '08 exclusives line-up!

Also, I'd say that rhino has generally been downright PG, possibly even G, of late.
    Until this thread.

xoco, this has made the phrase "Dokugan Orgy Mansion" run like a mantra in my head. Thanks.

17. akum6n

akum6n Vintage

Toy dreams
    It's the Curse of the One-Eyed Monster...

18. Dean

Dean Prototype

Toy dreams
    Hahahaha youz guyz are cracking me up. I guess I should have known that I set myself up for Freudian dream interpretation with that account.

"Sometimes a Dokugan is only a Dokugan..."

19. bannedindc

bannedindc S7 Royalty

Instagram:
    bannedinsf
    Toy dreams
    I always have the same one.
    ive this one several times. and For many years it was records in the dreams and not toys..

I always have a dream that Im at small store(sometimes a yard sale) and they have every holy grail Ive ever wanted. I pick them all up in my arms and bring them to the front to pay for them. Theyre dirt cheap, of course, and I buy them all.

I always then wake up and get pissed.

20. bannedindc

bannedindc S7 Royalty

Instagram:
    bannedinsf
    Toy dreams
    I hadnt even read this before I posted. haha

21. ---NT---

---NT--- Prototype

Toy dreams
    Nope, can't say I've dreamt of toys.
    Last night I had a dream where I was pissing into a urinal from about 15 feet away. I woke up and had to take one hell of a piss. But my sheets were dry, so the rumor that peeing in a dream means you're wetting the bed is not true.

22. hypermook

hypermook Addicted

Toy dreams
    Andy Dick's Waking Dream:

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/08/3 ... index.html

23. ---NT---

---NT--- Prototype

Toy dreams
  24. mangakaben

mangakaben Comment King

Toy dreams
    [​IMG]
    I would have also beat the piss out of him too but he already took care of that!