happy presidents day

Discussion in 'Whatever' started by Lixx, Feb 18, 2008.

1. Lixx

Lixx Mr. Grumpy™

flickr:
    lixx
    happy presidents day
    I'd liked it better when I was a kid in school. We had off on Lincoln's birthday and Washington's birthday, before they combined it to one day and called it 'Presidents Day'. Anyhow here is the fact filled fun clip about Washington!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQ8BCNj2oao

2. Joe

Joe Die-Cast

happy presidents day
    Sucks. Have to work today.
    And it's Monday.
    And there's no Postal Service.
    Thus there's no new toys coming in.
    Sucks.

3. lgcolddrink

lgcolddrink Addicted

happy presidents day
    I am stuck in "The Cube of Doom" as well. I am waiting on 4 Chaos' that should be here any day now, except for today of course, because those slackers at the PO are probably napping on their couches. Just kidding. :D

4. Lixx

Lixx Mr. Grumpy™

flickr:
    lixx
    happy presidents day
    Yeah US Federal Holiday and/or Japanese New Years are the natural enemies of the kaiju collector. USPS definitely is one government institution that needs to be privatized.

C.

5. dr0ss

dr0ss Toy Prince

happy presidents day
    This is a joke right?

6. Lixx

Lixx Mr. Grumpy™

flickr:
    lixx
    happy presidents day
    No I'm completely serious. I'm vehemently against the government handing over agencies to corporations that bid the highest to fuck them up- trust me. For example the FDA is seemingly run by the very pharmaceutical giants the need to be policing, but the USPS is so grossly inefficient it might actually do them some good. How often do you go to post office and find one postal worker behind the counter and a line out the door? Does it not seem a good idea to staff more people during busier times? The post office doesn't see it that way because it's probably not in their budget to staff more. They're always cutting back staff and raising costs. Now I'm no business major and certainly I would not want to see some giant come in and max everything out price wise but it could definitely use an overhaul.

Chris

7. 666doll

666doll Mini Boss

happy presidents day
    Uh... it already is... sort of. no tax dollars go to support it, especially since it holds a monopoly on first class mail. and, it is not allowed to make a profit on said service. it's sort of an independent government entity of sorts. if it were to be privatized, i feel the sanctity of our mail being protected would probably be at great risk. also, what difference would it make. there would still probably be a union involved and they are just as useless as government employees. just my humble opinion.

8. hillsy11

hillsy11 Post Pimp

happy presidents day
    I dunno, I've never had USPS lose a package on me (which I can't claim with other countries postal systems, save Japan) and they're damn reliable/quick. If the worst I have to contend with is an occasional line, I'm ok with that.

9. ---NT---

---NT--- Prototype

happy presidents day
    Yeah, I think the government could learn something from the Post Office. Probably the only efficient system within the government. USPS is absolutely amazing. I cringe when I hear that something is being shipped to me via UPS. FedEx is alright, but I'd still rather go USPS.
    If it were privatized it seems like the prices would sky rocket.