A trusted member list?

Discussion in 'Whatever' started by GERMS, Jan 8, 2009.

1. GERMS

GERMS Line of Credit

A trusted member list?
    We've had the discussion about a sticky on the sale forum about bad sellers not being such a great idea....
    though after reading about how eloco and or his girlfriend has done the dirty on a lot of stand up members, even after people thought he could be trusted,
    I thought that maybe something similar like a "Skullbrain sanctioned" list of trusted members could work?
    It would atleast provide everyone with a rock solid database of Skullbrain or S7 trusted buyers and sellers and provide something that non members could aspire to be part of? Therefore maybe encouraging better behaviour??

2. living dead

living dead Prototype

A trusted member list?
    yes, but it's been 4 + months so eloco very well could have showed up on a trusted member list. You just don't know.

Lesson I learned from this is even after someone says I got the item I'm still keeping the tracking forms.

3. conqueror

conqueror Addicted

A trusted member list?
    i think whilst their is an occaisonal shithead on here, most people are cool (even if they are sometimes slow). one thing that helps me is going through the users posts, then i make my own decision from there. you just have to go with your instinct.

4. locomoto566

locomoto566 Super Deformed

Instagram:
    chinocooks
    A trusted member list?
    eloco would have been on the trusted member list. Even after being warned about dealing with this person people came out to defend and vouch for him, said he was a great dude to deal with.

Who's to say who is on the trusted member list?

5. backtrack

backtrack S7 Royalty

A trusted member list?
    That will only end up creating some weird class like structure.
    People will also be super dubious to deal with anyone not on that list as well.

i think it's a bad idea myself.

6. BloodDrinker6969

BloodDrinker6969 Die-Cast

Name:
    RockStrongo
    A trusted member list?
    I agree, this wouldn't help. My sale was in September to him, and this shits hitting now. He seemed OK to everyone, he would have been on the "OK" list if we had one. Honestly, I'm taking a big break after all this, other reasons for that as well, but this just really turns me off and tells me it's time to get away for a while.

Good thing out of this- I can't actually use paypal now and spend money I should save LOL.

7. backtrack

backtrack S7 Royalty

A trusted member list?
    Taking a break to save is fair enough.
    But I think it's really sad that some cunt can do so much damage beyond the pocket.
    Sorry to hear that mate.

8. atease

atease Super Deformed

A trusted member list?
    sorry to hear about this jeff :(

we have had these discussions before. i think a lot of us are laying low, or just spending time on other boards or in my case playing warcraft haha.

it's good to take a break. the catalyst for this break stinks though :(

9. BloodDrinker6969

BloodDrinker6969 Die-Cast

Name:
    RockStrongo
    A trusted member list?
    I have bigger more positive reasons for taking a break, this is just one small kicker though. If I didn't have some other stuff going on this wouldn't affect me so much, but the pro's actually out weigh the cons for me.

Looks like I'm in for "Trades Only" now until this whole thing gets worked out.

10. SmilingIdiot

SmilingIdiot Addicted

A trusted member list?
    All Skullbrainers are shady. Most of them will mug you in a dark alley for a Bemon, Pushead HP, etc. ;)

I know I am being cynical here, but anyone has the potential to become a douchebag in an instant. When some guy goes on a kill-crazy rampage, the news reporters always interview his next door neighbors and they usually say something like "He was always a friendly guy..." At least most of the people that I have met on this board have been awesome.

Jeff - An occasional break from toy collecting is always good... but remember to come back! Especially since Toy Karma 2 is coming to Chicago in September!

11. hellopike

hellopike S7 Royalty

Name:
    Phil
    Instagram:
    Hellopike
    A trusted member list?
    Same here. Trades only for me it seems. Which sucks because before paypal froze my balance I was thinking about picking up another Rangeas to paint. =(

12. silver_lining_man

silver_lining_man Mini Boss

Name:
    Josh
    Instagram:
    toyboxranger
    A trusted member list?
    i'm against it too!
    because i would be branded on the "slow as constipated shit to ship" list. :D

13. Robert DeCastro

Robert DeCastro Side Dealer

Name:
    Robert
    Instagram:
    AtomicMushroomToys
    A trusted member list?
    That or back to the old Postal Money orders days. Even then I'd wait till I can actually cash it before sending out the Goods. I figure any SBer on the up and up wouldn't mind doing it this way.

14. silver_lining_man

silver_lining_man Mini Boss

Name:
    Josh
    Instagram:
    toyboxranger
    A trusted member list?
    the thing that sucks about that route is you will still have the flakes. waiting on a money order for weeks that the buyer claims is on the way. with the paypal route, if the claimer doesn't pay within the timeframe that you like, you can go to the next in line pretty quick...

15. donnierobot

donnierobot Comment King

Instagram:
    spencervinylsss
    A trusted member list?
    im as slow as rosanne swiming in maple syrup but i would never rip anyone off

but id be on the shit list

16. Future_Man

Future_Man Post Pimp

A trusted member list?
    The idea sounds good in theory, but (as some have already noted) bad in practice. Since joining, I am yet to have even an unfavorable experience. Most everyone is really cool, and the 'bad' eggs, well, they get weeded out.

17. andy

andy Mini Boss

A trusted member list?
    Problem with trading is it's 10X harder to set up a trade than to buy or sell something.

There are a couple hundred active members here. No reason to let one or two fools spoil things for everybody.

BTW, I support having a feedback thread in principle, but at this point it's probably moot, since there are so few new members and collectors joining up, and those of who are left pretty much know each other.

18. perfection

perfection Toy Prince

A trusted member list?
    Couldn't the seller request a tracking number on a payment mailed so they know the buyer isnt going to flake?

19. jacranky

jacranky Addicted

Name:
    Ken
    A trusted member list?
    Ugh...I'm taking a long break as well. I was one of the Fudge Damnedron victims and only got 2/3 my money back and now this eLOCO BS... I'm not only out a really cool toy but out of money for it as well. I don't want to use my paypal now that I have a negative balance.

It really sucks that just a couple of people can hugely ruin a fun thing for many of us.

20. backtrack

backtrack S7 Royalty

A trusted member list?
    I used the search and found nothing, so I'll ask... what was the Fudge Damnderon fiasco, it sounds pretty terrible.

21. backtrack

backtrack S7 Royalty

A trusted member list?
    ouch!
    That's pretty hardcore!

22. UnderBeit

UnderBeit Toy Prince

A trusted member list?
    The Buyer Protection 'feature' which is supposed to protect us from unscrupulous sellers allows those same sellers to adjust the limit on the protection???? What's wrong with this picture!

23. Locomoco

Locomoco Die-Cast

A trusted member list?
    Trusted member list:

1) Super7

End list.

Lock Thread.