kaiju in hawaii?

Discussion in 'Whatever' started by michael, Jul 3, 2009.

1. michael

michael Side Dealer

flickr:
    ghastlymichael
    kaiju in hawaii?
    i did a search because i could have sworn ithere was a thread on this already, but i couldnt find it. my dad called me and told me he was heading out to honolulu.

is there anywhere i can send him to find sweet bootlegs or any kaiju for that matter? some kikaider stuff? any help would be appreciated. thanks!

2. akum6n

akum6n Vintage

kaiju in hawaii?
    If he's cool with getting up at 4 a.m. on Sunday morning, he can go to the flea market... Not too many toys these days though.

3. dustin

dustin Addicted

kaiju in hawaii?
    Split Obsession
    7192 Kalanianaole Hwy
    d-100
    Honolulu, HI 96825

Hours: 11:00 - 7
    Mon-Fri
    10:00-7 Sat
    10:00-6 Sun
    Ph: 808.395.3380

They've got mostly western stuff, but I seem to remember a couple Gargamel items and maybe some Secret Base stuff. Might be worth calling ahead.

4. michael

michael Side Dealer

flickr:
    ghastlymichael
    kaiju in hawaii?
    nice, about the flea market, what are the probabilities of finding anything worthwhile? i know that question might be a longshot, but my dad seemed kind of interested.

5. akum6n

akum6n Vintage

kaiju in hawaii?
    Low. I haven't been in a while, but the selection of old toys has gone way down since the 90s. I've heard there are other good vintage/antique deals if you go that early, but I could never wake up on Sunday morning...

(I was half-kidding about the time, but that is what I have been told by the serious flea market guys.)