Deth Red Sabaoth

Discussion in 'Whatever' started by Winu, Jun 28, 2010.

1. Winu

Winu S7 Royalty

Name:
    Larry
    Deth Red Sabaoth
    Anyone here pick up the new Danzig record? I think it's pretty good; "Black Candy" and "Deth Red Moon" are definitely my favorites off of this, but overall I like the whole album.

2. lurker

lurker S7 Royalty

Deth Red Sabaoth
    at first i didn't think it was so bad.

i like on a wicked night.

deth red moon is a total AFI rip off, which just completes the circular reference....

Ju ju bone ruins the whole album for me though.

3. tentakel

tentakel Toy Prince

Deth Red Sabaoth
    This album is miles ahead of "Circle of Snakes" and "I Luciferi" but still feels pretty weak at certain points. I was expecting this album to be filled with mostly nu-metal shlock but it's pretty damn listenable on the whole. "Rebel Spirits" is probably my favorite song on it. Doesn't come close to touching 1-3, but better than his past three efforts. Danzig fans should do themselves a favor and give it a listen, you'll probably be surprised.

4. greg

greg Line of Credit

Name:
    greg
    Deth Red Sabaoth
    I like the album and the new songs sounded great live. He played Boston last week and it was a great show. His voice is still very impressive.

5. BloodDrinker6969

BloodDrinker6969 Die-Cast

Name:
    RockStrongo
    Deth Red Sabaoth
    I actually like some stuff off of Circle of Snakes. 6 & 7 are just out right bad. I listen to 5 here and there, I can't shake it, I dunno why. Anything he's done from 4 and earlier speaks for itself.

All that said I thought this album was better than anything he's done since 4. Not on par with those early records but still pretty tight. Good for a listen every now and then and I hope to hear some of these live.

I think change is important to Danzig. If he wallows too long in one style it starts to go bad, however I think it seems like he's had a rough time finding the RIGHT types of changes that work for him. I hope he continues to just go for a simpler sound, which I feel this presents, but is still fully "Danzig." It doesn't hurt that Zing is on this one too.

Ju Ju Bone nearly ruined it for me too but I realized I can just skip it.

6. Winu

Winu S7 Royalty

Name:
    Larry
    Deth Red Sabaoth
    I think Danzig was actually on a majority of the tracks for bass, and Zing was only on a few.

I actually enjoy most of the post-4 material, Blackacidevil being my favorite out of them. It is true though, that so far, nothing has trumped 1-4. The worst post-4 album was probably 777: I Luciferi; the only great song on that album in my opinion is "Black Mass."

7. BloodDrinker6969

BloodDrinker6969 Die-Cast

Name:
    RockStrongo
    Deth Red Sabaoth
    Truth time: I like 5 as much as 4. Despite the cruddy wanna be NIN/Ministry sound the songs are pretty well written. It's just a matter of taste on production. 7, ugh, that's the nicest thing I can say.

8. nefasth

nefasth Mini Boss

flickr:
    nefasth
    Instagram:
    nefasth
    Deth Red Sabaoth
    The cover was so great that I was expecting it somehow to be better,
    but when I opened the sleeve and saw Glenn posing as the second fake boob,
    I knew something would go awry.

I like the sound of the band itself, early Motley-Crew/strip club metal kind of way but the songs
    are just so average + the voice is put way too much upfront.