Toy Dreams

Discussion in 'Whatever' started by evom, Nov 11, 2011.

1. evom

evom Mini Boss

Toy Dreams
    So I keep having weird dreams about toys lately... I had one where I looked in my cases and all of them were gone. One where every single toy in my cases fell over and they were all in giant piles on the shelves. And then last night I had one where one of my Ollies fell against the side of the detolf and it crashed through the glass and was just hanging out of the side of the detolf all cut up and shit.

Any of you guys ever have really weird toy dreams? Lets hear about them..

2. JoeMan

JoeMan Mini Boss

flickr:
    splurrt
    Instagram:
    splurrt
    Toy Dreams
    I had one where i was in a castle, that had been converted to a bunch of shops and stands. I wandered up a tower into a toy store, and it was mostly action figures, but one wall was covered in RxH minis hanging on pegs. There were tons of them and they were all new sculpts. Toys I had never seen before. When I woke up I tried to sketch some of the characters, but they were already gone from my memory.

Another time, I dreamt I met the Cadaver Kid, not as a toy but as a living being. He was struggling to speak, because of his stitched up mouth and he had no tongue, all he could do was make gurgling sounds. He seemed miserable and deeply suffering. And I felt regret having made such a mangled creature.

skaldavsatanssol and Beantime like this.
  3. damaged Bryan

damaged Bryan Comment King

Toy Dreams
    I had one that NYCC was a giant flea market, and it was outdoors and really crappy, more like a swap meet I guess. But Sucklord had a custom yoda encrusted in jewels laying on a couch, and it was the most awesome thing I had ever seen.

4. Dean

Dean Prototype

Toy Dreams
    At a former residence I had a Blobpus set positioned on a shelf looking down at my bed. The Chinese New Year Dokugon kept creeping into my dreams. He never said anything, he just kept watching, watching with that sole eye. It was eerie but not especially scary. Then I had a dream in which I was at a party in a big mansion. The hostess had stolen my Dokugon and the looooong frustrating dream consisted of me moving from room to room among the guests, trying to find her and the toy. By the time I woke up, I still hadn't recovered it. After that I've never had another toy dream, but for awhile I was tempted to believe that Dokugon has its own consciousness and can enter the dreamtime if it wants to. I still think that toy has a weird special power.

5. JoeMan

JoeMan Mini Boss

flickr:
    splurrt
    Instagram:
    splurrt
    Toy Dreams
    Could be. I've heard old Japanese sword smiths viewed the making of a blade as a spiritual ritual and would often recite mantras while working on the sword to fill it with spirit. There's a story of a sword smith challenge between Muramasa and Masume, They both dipped their sword into a stream and the leaves that drifted into Muramasa's blade were cut in two, but the leaves approaching Masume's sword would move aside and not touch the blade, so Masume was declared winner because his sword had a mystic power.

Anyway, I do feel thoughts are very powerful and can create entities, whether those entities have an intelligence or are just a shell of the thoughts that formed them, I don't know. But I imagine an intense focus on modeling a character out of clay by a master sculptor could produce some kind of special energy that inhabits the creation, and could manifest itself in the right state. I feel the same vibe from the original Nagnagnag.

6. bunnyboy

bunnyboy Side Dealer

Toy Dreams
    I haven't dreamt about toys in a while, but last night I had a dream in which I was being chased by two Mishka Bootlegs... And Lil Wayne. Seriously, brain, wtf..?!?

7. EtR_Wolf

EtR_Wolf Comment King

Toy Dreams
    :lol:

At the moment, I don't remember if I had any toy dreams or not. But if/when I do remember or have one, I'll share as well.

8. Greasebat

Greasebat Side Dealer

Toy Dreams
    Up until a few years ago I always had dreams of wandering into a Japanese toy shop but there was always some reason why I couldn't buy anything. Like my wallet was empty, nobody was working there. The place would be packed with toys and me with no money.

9. 612DudeCrew

612DudeCrew Toy Prince

Toy Dreams
    I had a dream a few weeks ago that I found the red 2-headed Bemon in some weird store for $50. That dream seemed to last forever...
    Needless to say, I woke up and was VERY bummed. :lol:

10. wing_clipper

wing_clipper Post Pimp

Toy Dreams
    my toy dreams are always pretty much the same... i find a box down on the floor in some small resale shop that is packed full of vintage awesomeness like old astro-mu or bullmarks. no price tags or anything. when i ask the lady how much the toys cost, she quotes me like a hundred bucks for the whole box and i happily buy it.

needless to say, this has never really happened, but it seems so real in the dream. i go to a lot of resale shops wherever we go, so i am still holding out hope that this is a vision of something that is really going to happen in the future. one can hope!

11. MattyBoomBatty

MattyBoomBatty Addicted

Name:
    Matt
    Instagram:
    AOIMatt
    Toy Dreams
    When I was a kid I dreamt that I woke up, got dressed and went out with my Mom and she bought me a new Steve Austin toy. Since it was so close to waking when I DID wake up I thought it really happened and went spacko, screaming at my mother who thought I was psycho because I insisted I owned a toy she never bought.

12. Vombie

Vombie Vintage

Name:
    g
    Toy Dreams
    Had a dream last night that I scored a Goga. it was black, but matte, with a rainbow colorway of yellow, blue, pink, and such...but it never looked right...would look misshapen.

Then it turned out that the maker of Anraku Ansaku toys decided to make them more available, but instead of releasing vinyl, he released rubbery inflatable versions. mine had a small hole and was leaking. hahaha...totally sucked. I thought I scored, but I got shafted.

I haven't seen AA stuff in person, but I've always been curious about it. probably was thinking about turtletooth's sales thread.

13. evom

evom Mini Boss

Toy Dreams
    ^^dude, that's messed up :lol:

14. Vombie

Vombie Vintage

Name:
    g
    Toy Dreams
    I know, right?
    my brain can be such an asshole! :lol:

15. Mr.Krotpong

Mr.Krotpong Addicted

Toy Dreams
    I have a recurring dream about toys. There is some store I'm in (it changes), and there is always something else going on in the dream, but I stop at the toy aisle (as in real life) every time to look around. I have never been able to buy anything, ever. It's a little frustrating, as I've been having variations of this dream for... probably 25 years or more. Once every couple of months. It's super vivid, with the most fantastic toys no one has ever seen but me.

I don't know what it's all about but jesus, I look around and I've got a lot of fucking toys.

16. JakeLarntz

JakeLarntz Addicted

Name:
    Jake
    flickr:
    Jakelarntz
    Instagram:
    Jakelarntz
    Toy Dreams
    The other night I dreamed that I had a whole collection of Nags. I woke up to look at the shelf I keep all my toys on still nagless :(. It was one of those I wish I never woke up from. Like my dream isn't a dream its a separate universe, where I have all the Nags I could ever want.

17. hellscrape

hellscrape Comment King

Toy Dreams
    When I was a little kid, I had a recurring dream that I had an Optimus Prime Transformers toy that was about 4 feet tall. I was always mad when I woke up and didn't have it!

18. hellointerloper

hellointerloper S7 Royalty

Name:
    Maddie
    Instagram:
    hellointerloper
    Toy Dreams
    Hooray Necro Thread!

I had a dream about a month ago where I was wandering down a road, and came to a little shack with a corrugated metal roof. Inside were cabinets, tables, and countertops covered with sofubi toy pieces... legs, heads, bodies, etc. Apparently I had a limited time to grab matching pieces and if I put them together into a whole toy then I was allowed to keep it. I found a GID Karakasa Tattoo Man and was trying to find the arms, but ran out of time and everything disappeared. I ended up having to walk to a weird factory and somehow it turned into a gaming dream about dungeon crawling through said factory.

Dreams are weird. :|

Sometimes I have really mundane dreams about searching the #sofubi tag on Instagram too.

skaldavsatanssol likes this.
  19. Monkey

Monkey Line of Credit

Toy Dreams
    Had a dream once where I ate a couple of my Popsodas... I remember not being upset in the slightest I had destroyed my toys, just really happy about the taste and texture. Like those springerle cookies.

20. Greasebat

Greasebat Side Dealer

Toy Dreams
    Just had one this morning, I drove really far in a giant Chevy Suburban with my daughter to a farm/horse tackle shop. They had mini-bullmark style figures and Godzilla t-shirts mixed in with all the farm stuff.... I was trying to buy stuff but somebody knocked over something, covering the floor with broken glass and the cash register was not working... freakin' odd ball dream

21. bigluelok

bigluelok Toy Prince

Name:
    Luey
    Instagram:
    toygoons
    Toy Dreams
    Just had one this morning in my dream (well nightmare) I woke up and all my toys just vanished and all that was left was the empty display cases and one mini boss.

When I actually woke up I checked the cases.

22. Greasebat

Greasebat Side Dealer

Toy Dreams
    Had one today that I was examining one of those black rubber gorillas from my youth, complete with the big poorly painted white eyes and red mouth!

23. GoldenArmKid

GoldenArmKid Line of Credit

Name:
    Jared
    flickr:
    goldenarmkid
    Instagram:
    goldenarmkid
    Toy Dreams
    Had one a couple years back that I still remember.

I was at a show in Japan which was hosted by Hirota Saigansho and Butanohana. It was some kind of strange carnival style event at night time with tons of crazy coloured lights and there was a table full of all sorts of amazing mini's which they had collaborated on and every time I went to ask if I could purchase one somebody beat me to it, I basically woke up once I realised I missed out on all the toys as they sold to other people.

24. stklbck

stklbck Fresh Meat

Name:
    Sam
    Instagram:
    stklbck
    Toy Dreams
    After spending a huge amount of time sculpting, sanding, inspecting and worrying over my toy, i sent him off to japan and then had a dream he turned up at my work as a living thing.... about 4 foot tall and kept hissing/laughing through his teeth, knocking stuff over and hitting my knees or the funnybone of my elbow and running off! He seemed to be having a good time though!

A while ago i had one where the flat was on fire and all my toys were melting and i couldn't grab them as they just squished. But my cat was safe.

25. hellointerloper

hellointerloper S7 Royalty

Name:
    Maddie
    Instagram:
    hellointerloper
    Toy Dreams
    Had a dream that I was interred in a juvenile delinquent facility, and I broke past some oddly placed drywall to find a teeny tiny bathroom with only a sink and urinal. I took a peek into the sink and found 3 Fink Shits, which I proceeded to grab and then planned my escape. I escaped together with some random guy whose arms I had broken at some point while on some kind of secret espionage mission. (that's what caused me to be interred in the first place, yes my dreams are extremely ADHD) Out of guilt, I sold the Fink Shits for cheap cash so I could board him in a motel after we escaped. I'm pretty sure I signed him up under some weird-ass name like Slippy McJenkins.