Stegoforest and friends

Discussion in 'Americans and Other Western Gaijin' started by Ghost&Flower, Apr 25, 2011.

1. Ghost&Flower

Ghost&Flower Line of Credit

Name:
    Jesse
    Instagram:
    jessenarens
    Stegoforest and friends
  2. evom

evom Mini Boss

Stegoforest and friends
    Thats some badass texture on the body man

3. Rich

Rich Die-Cast

Stegoforest and friends
    Really digging this new guy !

4. Ghost&Flower

Name:
    Jesse
    Instagram:
    jessenarens
    Stegoforest and friends
    thanks guys :)
    the idea is that he's a super slow moving kappa. so much so that moss and other plant life has grown over his shell.
    Still working on perfecting the legs and some other details.

5. ribbon controller

ribbon controller S7 Royalty

flickr:
    ribboncontroller
    Instagram:
    slavexone
    Stegoforest and friends
    love this new guy! that sculpt has a nice vintage look to it ...right up my alley!!

6. 3x3is9

3x3is9 Addicted

flickr:
    grumbletoy
    Instagram:
    grumbletoy
    Stegoforest and friends
    wow, it's looking really great. Good job!

7. EtR_Wolf

EtR_Wolf Comment King

Stegoforest and friends
    :shock: oooh! I'm super excited about this new kappa dino dude! I love the texture, details, and of course the addition of plant life. :D

I love that the stegoforest family is growing! These well be really fun to photograph all together in little forest dino communities. Keep up the great work Jesse! :)

Any thoughts on when this new one will be ready for a release?

8. kopponigen

kopponigen Post Pimp

flickr:
    kopponigen
    Instagram:
    kopponigen
    Stegoforest and friends
    Jesse, I love this new one! Are those worts? Or wool? what size will it be?

9. Ghost&Flower

Name:
    Jesse
    Instagram:
    jessenarens
    Stegoforest and friends
    Do you mean on the shell? Thats a mossy plant texture. Its still in the works.
    And this guy is a little smaller than stegoforest.
    Ill post a side by side shot once its finished.

And as for a release date.. Probably in the first half of next year.
    With a baby on the way money is a bit tied up. Im not into the crowd funding thing so Im hoping stegoforest sales will help out.

10. IronPaw

IronPaw Side Dealer

Instagram:
    iron_paw
    Stegoforest and friends
    Wow a Kappa! Its looking great so far. Im happy to see people still care about Kappas and are keeping them alive.
    Is he going to have a buddy similar to Stegos acorn warrior?

11. Ghost&Flower

Name:
    Jesse
    Instagram:
    jessenarens
    Stegoforest and friends
    still finishing up the kappa and one other small guy. As much as I don't want to do a crowdfunding thing for them, I think I will since my wife being pregnant has made our cash super tight lately. Would rather get these guys going as soon as I can rather than wait.

that being said.. I put all the remaining stegoforests I have in stock on sale. blank flesh, blank slime green and the velocitron run. http://stegoforest.com/shop-toys.html

d-con and other recent festivals put my stuff on the low priority list with the factory, but now that they are over I should have some new runs ready soon.

12. Ghost&Flower

Name:
    Jesse
    Instagram:
    jessenarens
    Stegoforest and friends
  13. treblekicker

treblekicker Beggars Can't Be Choosers

Name:
    rob
    Stegoforest and friends
  14. kopponigen

kopponigen Post Pimp

flickr:
    kopponigen
    Instagram:
    kopponigen
    Stegoforest and friends
  15. Ghost&Flower

Name:
    Jesse
    Instagram:
    jessenarens
    Stegoforest and friends
    Re: Stegoforest and friends (crowdfunding campaign in last p

thanks guys! I was ready to give up on the whole thing.. thanks for the confidence boost :)

16. patrickvaz

patrickvaz Addicted

Name:
    Patrick
    Instagram:
    thelynxevades
    Stegoforest and friends
    Re: Stegoforest and friends (crowdfunding campaign in last p

Just in case there are any procrastinators out there like myself, the indiegogo campaign ends in about three hours. That Kappa, he got charm for days :!:

17. rattanicus

rattanicus Mini Boss

Name:
    rei
    flickr:
    rattanicus
    Stegoforest and friends
    great stuff!

18. Ghost&Flower

Name:
    Jesse
    Instagram:
    jessenarens
    Stegoforest and friends
    Thanks to everyone who contributed to the campaign.
    If anyone missed it and would like to get one of the exclusives just send me a message.
    Itll be a little bit before things get rolling at the factory so ill let people get them until then.

19. JoeMan

JoeMan Mini Boss

flickr:
    splurrt
    Instagram:
    splurrt
    Stegoforest and friends
    I think the new toys are really nice! Really nice execution. Bummer you didn't raise more, but don't be discouraged. I think the japanese vinyl crowd might just be over the crowd source funding. Hell I'm even afraid to do regular pre-orders anymore because I've been burned so many times by crazy waits and delays.

20. Ghost&Flower

Name:
    Jesse
    Instagram:
    jessenarens
    Stegoforest and friends
    Thanks Joe, and I feel the same way. If I didnt just have a kid I wouldnt have done the crowdfunding thing, but a little help at the moment doesnt hurt. Im glad to see some people contributed though. Hoping Ill see these new toys in hand during the first half of the year.

21. Ghost&Flower

Name:
    Jesse
    Instagram:
    jessenarens
    Stegoforest and friends
    Wish I had something new to post about here, but my last vinyl order has been held up for a while over in japan.

Ive been posting all of my updates on instagram, but it looks like I never posted on here about the Monstrehero run that Cliff painted..
    They've been up for awhile, but I have one left thats on sale at the moment since Im trying to get rid of a bunch of things before I move at the end of april.

22. Ghost&Flower

Name:
    Jesse
    Instagram:
    jessenarens
    Stegoforest and friends
    Bit of an end of the year bummer..

Havent been posting much in toy land lately.. First year of my daughters life and moved across the country twice so priorities and money have been elsewhere.

The bummer news is that Im thinking my new toys, and stegoforest, are no longer happening.

Ive spent the last 4 months trying get an email response from ricky with no luck.

Originally was told the new toys would be done in back in may, then july. Then august was the last time I got a response to my emails.

The last stegoforest order was placed at the end of 2014 and I saw test pulls in april, but those are MIA as well.

Ive spent the last month or so just sending emails saying, please just send me what you have including the newer sculpts. Not asking when things will be done because Ive been told "I should have something next week!" for pretty much a year on a weekly basis.

Im worried that maybe the new sculpts are lost after hearing from someone else that ricky lost the molds for their toy..

Ive emailed people who contributed to the crowdfunding thing about refunds.

Would be cool to get the new toys back and find another way to get them made, but I dont think I can pay to have them sculpted a second time.

After this shit experience Im calling it quits for now in the self produced toy world. Maybe if the popularity of it dies down Ill start it up again, but I cant afford to place large orders which seems to be the only way get proper service these days.

23. ultrakaiju

ultrakaiju Die-Cast Staff Member

Stegoforest and friends
    Re: Stegoforest and her lost friends

Shucks, sorry to hear that you haven't been able to work through the production snags Jesse, and even more saddened to learn that it has disheartened you on the whole experience and vinyl production in the future. :( It is completely understand too, of course. I think we have all been there where the stuff that we love has to be sacrificed for 'real world' circumstances, and naturally it is not a happy or desirable outcome. Big life stuff and then the moves on top of it all, it often is just too much, and something I can completely relate too. It is really unfortunate all around that this hobby has seen such negative impact by the increase in popularity (and hence demand) of soft vinyl. I don't think anyone is to blame necessarily, but it is really shitty that it is hurting people who have been around the hobby for a long time. I think we are all happy to see it grow and thrive, but I certainly don't want those new developments be at the expense of other toys - which seems more and more like it might be the result.

Anyhow, all this aside, I really hope it turns back for you, and you are able to work out the supply and production for your figures. It is tough to stay patient, particularly with so much else going on, but maybe taking a step back and having a little break will help you to regain some energy and allow you to reignite the drive later on. Who knows, maybe when you least expect it , things will all turn around and come together. Best of luck to you and the family in the coming year, and don't worry about setting the Steg family aside for now. It'll always be there to come back to, and it is far better to step back for a while as you need rather than sour yourself fully on your own [amazing] creations and passion. Enjoy playing around with some art just for you when you have the time and feel like it, don't worry about the rest.

24. Ghost&Flower

Name:
    Jesse
    Instagram:
    jessenarens
    Stegoforest and friends
    Re: Stegoforest and her lost friends

Thanks, and yes, a break is definitely needed right now for me. I still love my small collection, and if things turn around Ill keep up with my stuff, but for now Im shifting my focuses elsewhere.

25. Waterbear

Waterbear Line of Credit

Stegoforest and friends
    That's awful man. I can sympathize with the incredibly long wait thing. I've waited over a year a couple of times myself for toy production. The lack of communication though is not something I've dealt with or would be happy about either. Hope things get sorted out and if your sculpts are indeed lost that he refunds you what you paid your sculptor as well.