THANK YOU thread

Discussion in 'Compliments & Comments' started by petitetoilonrouge, Mar 14, 2011.

1. 666doll

666doll Mini Boss

THANK YOU thread
    That's not the toys

2. cyberann

cyberann Comment King

Name:
    Ana
    flickr:
    cyber_ann
    Instagram:
    cyber_ann
    THANK YOU thread
    Thank you very, very much Dagoberto for helping me out with unpainted green Kid Toxic sold at Lulubell SDCC booth! I love him!!! \ :D /
    And the goodies you sent me are great: mini canvas by blurble, toys, stickers, pins... What a big surprise! You RULE, amigo!!!

3. 666doll

666doll Mini Boss

THANK YOU thread
    Thank you Hurricane Odile for continuing the wonderful swells I have been riding lately.

4. IronPaw

IronPaw Side Dealer

Instagram:
    iron_paw
    THANK YOU thread
    A big Thank You to everyone here on the board that i've talked to in person, over PM's, on instagram, at TAG, and anywhere else.
    You guys have been more of a friend than most of my "real" life "friends" I see every other day. I think that says a lot. I can honestly
    say that most of you have been kinder, sweeter, sincere, and friendlier than them. It bums me out but also reminds me that this forum
    can not only be a community but a family as well. Thanks again, ill stop being corny now. :D

5. boon velvet

boon velvet Post Pimp

Name:
    JP
    Instagram:
    boonvelvet
    THANK YOU thread
    ^ It's nice to read a post like this, IronPaw. Ha, corny or not, you've got the right attitude, man. Here I am mulling over a long list of things that have got me down, and I come upon this, making me smile in an instant. Ha, maybe I can drag some of this positivity with me to help me sleep.

So Thank YOU, IronPaw, for that ;)

6. petitetoilonrouge

petitetoilonrouge S7 Royalty

Name:
    Olivier
    Instagram:
    Petitetoilonrouge
    THANK YOU thread
    Thank you for the quality pictures everyone (well, almost everyone. :twisted: ).

I don't take the time to write "nice pic" every time I see one, but toy photography is a big part of this hobby for me, and the Show Your Collection forum is probably my favourite here.

So thanks everyone! And happy holidays!

7. toothaction

toothaction Team Tsubu Staff Member

Name:
    David
    flickr:
    toothaction
    Instagram:
    thebeautifulpuffin
    THANK YOU thread
    Thank you so very much to everyone who's taken the time to reach out to me lately and wish me good health - it truly has been a comfort! Apologies if I haven't gotten back to you yet, I'm a little behind on just about everything.

Ditto to Oli's comments on the photography around here: SB remains my favorite place for pr0n on the net!

8. Lixx

Lixx Mr. Grumpy™

flickr:
    lixx
    THANK YOU thread
    Thank fuck my detolf deathstar is again operational. :razz:

9. thefauxbot

thefauxbot Addicted

Name:
    Ben
    flickr:
    92654930N03
    Instagram:
    drwgco
    THANK YOU thread
    Thank you to everyone who took the time out to let me know stuff popped up from my wants list yesterday.

10. IronPaw

IronPaw Side Dealer

Instagram:
    iron_paw
    THANK YOU thread
    For finally getting rid of godsendconspire! About time that asshat is gone for good, not if only we could do the same for when he enters lottos.

11. hellointerloper

hellointerloper S7 Royalty

Name:
    Maddie
    Instagram:
    hellointerloper
    THANK YOU thread
    Didn't know that happened, good news! Only issue is he's now posting all over IG. I made a comment there about his flipping and had a toy artist shoot me a DM asking what it was all about... They had no idea he was a flipper. Damn guy is a weasel, kicked out of one toy community and moving on to the next! :x

12. Russblue11

Russblue11 S7 Royalty

Name:
    Kevin
    THANK YOU thread
    Lol yeah, seeing him try to kiss everyone's ass on IG is hilarious

13. IronPaw

IronPaw Side Dealer

Instagram:
    iron_paw
    THANK YOU thread
    Yeah well we can't do much about IG. Im glad you called him out on there, id do the same if
    he wasn't private or blocked me.

14. psilo110

psilo110 Post Pimp

Instagram:
    1ll_3quipt
    THANK YOU thread
    [​IMG]

all I can say is when I saw the moonlight sunshine hit ebay, it was over for him. gsc doesn't need to waste time entering any lotteries in the future because his Osaka pass is revoked. He is done & I am sure whatever friends he bought will move on now that his supply is effectively cut off. good riddance to bad rubbish. thank you everyone here who helped make it happen.

15. hellointerloper

hellointerloper S7 Royalty

Name:
    Maddie
    Instagram:
    hellointerloper
    THANK YOU thread
    It's a beautiful thing, knowing that. -wipes tear- Now the IG purge of GSC begins...

16. dave zav

dave zav Addicted

Name:
    David
    flickr:
    motorrazor
    THANK YOU thread
    [​IMG]

It's sort of embarrassing to get a message like this but I'm really grateful to all the people that made sure this arrived.

*THIS WAS NOT FROM A Skullbrain SALE FORUM SALE*

17. xSuicide Squadx

xSuicide Squadx Super Deformed

Name:
    Robert
    Instagram:
    manic_1mag3s
    THANK YOU thread
    Thank you to Luke "Grody Shogun" and Lulubell Toy Bodega for the experience of a lifetime, and the time and effort that goes into what he does in the name of Lulubell.

18. FLTodd

FLTodd Toy Prince

Name:
    Todd
    Instagram:
    FLTodd
    THANK YOU thread
    My opinion and thanks have vanished.

19. patrickvaz

patrickvaz Addicted

Name:
    Patrick
    Instagram:
    thelynxevades
    THANK YOU thread
    Thank you to the numerous board members who reached out to me the other day, to help me with my wants! You guys helped me get in 24 hours what I couldn't get myself in several months. This board continues to be inspirational with the amount of people who are willing to help you, just because of our common interest! I thought about joining this board for several years before actually doing it and I'm glad I finally did. Initially people here came off as a bit callous. Now I can see that is not the case at all! Well except for that one guy (you all know of whom I speak). Anyways thank you to all the great members of this community in which I have bought toys from, spoke with, talked shit to, and became friends with!

20. cyberann

cyberann Comment King

Name:
    Ana
    flickr:
    cyber_ann
    Instagram:
    cyber_ann
    THANK YOU thread
    A big THANK YOU to "you know who you are" for helping me out with Super 7 GID Gorilla Biscuits release, and a toy from skullbrain sales thread which wouldn't be shipped to me directly. Friends like you make it possible for me to score hard-to-get stuff! \ :D /

21. 666doll

666doll Mini Boss

THANK YOU thread
    THANK YOU Michael and Carl

22. leili

leili Toy Prince

Name:
    Leili
    flickr:
    bimbims6
    Instagram:
    leilinharmon
    THANK YOU thread
    thank you to people who are very understanding.

23. Lixx

Lixx Mr. Grumpy™

flickr:
    lixx
    THANK YOU thread
    Well thank you Apple! Fuck I'm actually digging El Capitan way more than Snow Leopard?! Is my Grinch tattoo I got as an 18 yr old in my kitchen because I'm a misanthrope melting off my arm? In my defense I do think Lion, Mountain Lion, Mavericks, and Yosemite all had major issues so I'm just going to say trusting my gut was the right thing to do and wait till Apple sorted it ;)

24. boon velvet

boon velvet Post Pimp

Name:
    JP
    Instagram:
    boonvelvet
    THANK YOU thread
    Ha, I have been sitting on that email with wary over whether I should risk the install after some questionable reviews, but you're convincing me to make the move.

I mean, if YOU can't find anything wrong with it, then hell, it must be alright. :)

25. Lixx

Lixx Mr. Grumpy™

flickr:
    lixx
    THANK YOU thread
    It's not bad. I mean it was a little disconcerning at first because everything looks completely different (different fonts, where is this, where is that) BUT essentially not that diferent from Snow Leopard, just a few features that sort of make it look a little bit like iOS? Overall aesthetically I like it more (colors, fonts etc). I do notice it's faster than Snow Leopard, but it might have something to do with my 8GB RAM upgrade instead of the normal 4GB Apple gave me. I definitely researched it quite a bit before upgrading and most of the memory hogging, slowdown that came with Yosemite is gone. Mail is cool because I just booked a flight home for January and apple mail recognized my flights and nudged me to add these to iCal for reminders to check in etc. You can do lots of things with Safari as well like customize your browser adding buttons to print, email link, font sizing etc. Spotlight is cool as you can just start typing away in it and things come up relative to your computer and the web rather than getting on the web and searching.

And yes iTunes somehow magically remembers scroll position btw playlists which was a giant complaint since I have some playlists of 3000 or more tunes.

I went here and found some really interesting feature uses:

http://www.techradar.com/us/how-to/comp ... ks-1305433

The ultimate nudge to upgrade for me was a complete loss in functionality on Snow Leopard. I had complete slow down using Safari and banking sites/paypal site would not load anymore, I was forced to often open a third party browser like Firefox just to do things. Finally I checked the Roaring Apps site and discovered the few programs I use all worked well with El Capitan so I was just like 'fuck this I'm not holding out anymore!"

The one thing I do NOT like though is the new 'Photos' program. The old iPhoto was much better.

EDIT: DO NOT use iCloud.I synced my iPad innocently for the first time in a year or two and I was thinking cool I'd like to take advantage of synching my bookmarks etc like I use to do before Apple said I could sync anymore because my iTunes was too old. Well this is a bit of a scam (hasn't the iCloud always been a scam?) and once I signed in I realized Apple could easily count a ton of shit towards your 5GB limit and all they had to do was start charging my paypal whenever they felt I went over. So I quickly signed out but then it fucked up my Calendar, Notes programs etc because now I can't use them because I'm no longer the admn for them. It's a bit tricky. So I had to delete all those cool calenders with my flight info etc and start fresh. Apple can be a bit heavy handed with your shit. My feelings are once you use the new OS X you should be able to do whatever you want without some mythical iCloud bullshit interference fucking your shit up!