(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡 ┻━┻

Discussion in 'Compliments & Comments' started by blakewest, Jan 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brobles

brobles S7 Royalty

Name:
    Brian
    flickr:
    brobles
    Instagram:
    brobles24
    (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡 ┻━┻
    The sentiments of pretty much any non-physics major student in college, myself included.

I love bio and chem, i can take ochem's difficulty, but physics is just ridiculous. Too counter intuitive.

I think the only subject i hated more as an undergrad was calculus, and not by much.

Electromagnetics, springs, buoyancy, trajectory, nope. Especially not EM.

So a good hearted FUCK YOU to physics.

2. Lixx

Lixx Mr. Grumpy™

flickr:
    lixx
    (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡 ┻━┻
    Yeah Exam 1 was all Electric Potential, Electrical Force, Kirchoffs, Capacitors, Resistors, etc, Exam 2 covered EMF, Electro Magnetism etc, now we're into light and reflections, refraction. All interesting but insanely dull shit unless you want to be Neil Degrasse Tyson. Seriously I really want to know when am I going to be calculating the velocity of a proton through an electro magnetic field in life? I'll tell you when- NEVER. Both my physics 2 an analytical chem classes are full of physics and chem majors so it makes life extremely difficult for me. Kids look at me like I have three heads when I say I got mid fifties on my exam, they're all rocking high B's or low A's and complaining about it. Makes me want to punch them in the face. I feel like saying "Great for you but you can't write a paper for shit (and many science jobs are about writing grants all the time), and have no social skills whatsoever- post grad life ain't going to be about solving these great physics problems- so good luck to you!" I can charm my way into any job as long as I got the degree.

3. Mr. Humphreys

Mr. Humphreys Mini Boss

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡 ┻━┻
    ^^^How very true! It seems I had to take a lot of yucky classes that I couldn't see the logic of either. The only thing good about physics and chem, was being exposed to the concepts so that you can reason out and grasp the basic principles--you can always look up the details as you need to through either a hard copy, web, or live person source. That whole list of test stuff just made me cringe! :x But as you say Chris, what's even more important in the end, is taking the theoretical and applying it to the everyday scenario--jobs, projects, interaction with your team vs. the community, and getting that funding! You can be a total geek with straight A's (no, I am not knocking Geeks! ;)) but if you can't apply your knowledge, you're seriously handicapped in the "real world", plus it really makes me wonder what good is a degree or accumulating all of that knowledge, if you can't actually apply it in some way or form?

P.S. I was listening to another interview about online college educations recently, and it seems only a matter of time when stone/wood campuses will be things of the pass. There were several studies that compared how well students did taking classes online vs. on campus at Stanford, Oxford, MIT, and a few other prestigious colleges, and on the whole, the online population did better! One big advantage was to be able to take the online courses and watch the lectures on your own time schedule, and the ability to pause and repeat lessons (if you fall asleep in class or miss it, then that's it!). Of course, this didn't apply to subjects where laboratory and/or field work was involved, but if you have access to the same "world-class" class rooms and instructors from an international source, that gives you something to think about. Unfortunately, you can't obtain an entire degree at this point from these colleges, by completing online courses, as it's still in the experimental stage. Most of these online courses were free of charge or a very nominal fee imposed. But when this finally is a possibilitiy, think of how it would affect colleges on many levels, teaching staff (tenure!), and tuition fees! Education is going to be changing!

P.P.S.
    MIT has a pretty good selection of free online courses, in addition to physics!
    http://ocw.mit.edu/courses/

...and for you physics "enthusiasts"
    http://ocw.mit.edu/courses/physics/

(and if you were wondering what tuition costs at MIT were like,
    http://web.mit.edu/registrar/reg/costs/
    ;) )

4. Lixx

Lixx Mr. Grumpy™

flickr:
    lixx
    (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡 ┻━┻
    Gracie it's funny you mention the end of brick and mortar institutions of learning in favor of online (much like stores). I was just looking into perhaps switching schools to see if I can complete my degree online somewhere. Unfortunately currently all the online schools for an Environmental Science degree are less than reputable (compared to the SUNY school I'm attending) so I guess I have to stick it out. Actually one, Oregon State offers the BS degree but you need 180 credits to get it compared to the 120 I need for mine. That's insane! I could have a master with 180 credits. It would definitely help cut costs.

But getting back to online course work I would love to do that. I like to work at my own pace and I don't interact in classrooms at all. So NOT driving to school, parking, and having to deal with crowds of kids distracting me in the halls and in class would be a a huge plus. Besides how often did you go to take an exam and have to deal with kids being loud an carrying on in the halls, or some dumb ass in class that didn't listen to the teacher and turn off their phone and it hums or goes off mid exam? I can't remember an exam where I didn't get distracted at least twice.

Another frustrating outcome this semester is Financial Aid withholding my state aid for some odd reason. Their reasoning is the state requires them to look into all aid and make sure the course work is going towards an actual degree. OK I get it, fair enough. BUT because they decided to do this a month before I register for fall it put a hold on my account and caused me to do a ton of work to get it removed so I can register (some of the courses I need are 400 level electives only offered in the fall- and next year is hopefully my last year). So I got caught in that endless loop of going around to various offices and no one wanting to do their job or give an explanation. Sad part is all my courses go to my degree, so I don't know what they think the outcome will be and I've told them point blank I'm not paying the bill when clearly the aid should be distributed. I keep getting that should not be more than a week pending investigation every week (when I email the FA office) and it's been a month!

5. petitetoilonrouge

petitetoilonrouge S7 Royalty

Name:
    Olivier
    Instagram:
    Petitetoilonrouge
    (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡 ┻━┻
  6. nefasth

nefasth Mini Boss

flickr:
    nefasth
    Instagram:
    nefasth
    (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡 ┻━┻
    Maybe tuition will need go up in the foreseeable future :?

[​IMG]

(^ UQAM)

On top of that, they've set hords of grasshoppers free in there ...
    Fuck that.

7. petitetoilonrouge

petitetoilonrouge S7 Royalty

Name:
    Olivier
    Instagram:
    Petitetoilonrouge
    (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡 ┻━┻
    That would be the French unis, not the English ones. ;)

8. hellointerloper

hellointerloper S7 Royalty

Name:
    Maddie
    Instagram:
    hellointerloper
    (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡 ┻━┻
    Did somebody say HORDES OF GRASSHOPPERS?
    ...I love grasshoppers. :lol: But I'd rather live with a horde of praying mantises.

9. boon velvet

boon velvet Post Pimp

Name:
    JP
    Instagram:
    boonvelvet
    (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡 ┻━┻
    A horde of Secret-Base Mantises and I'm in.

10. 666doll

666doll Mini Boss

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡 ┻━┻
    You Canuck's are really selling me on that possible Canada trip this summer :?

11. TiredChildren

TiredChildren Administrator Staff Member

Name:
    James
    flickr:
    JamesLikeness
    Instagram:
    TiredChildren
    (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡 ┻━┻
    Dude screw WASPS! There's a stupid wasp buzzing around either in the ceiling or just outside of one of the windows in my office, has been for days now, and it's DRIVING ME CRAZY!

12. 666doll

666doll Mini Boss

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡 ┻━┻
    ^^^^

That's just ringing in your head from the brain tumor

13. psilo110

psilo110 Post Pimp

Instagram:
    1ll_3quipt
    (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡 ┻━┻
    Rear ended twice in six months.

Both times I was sitting stationary in traffic & some fucking idiot hits me at full speed. She didn't even know how to turn on her hazard lights!?! It bears mentioning that by some uncanny coincidence, both drivers were born in the same country in the south of Asia. We have a lot going on at work right now & this is not the time for me to be missing days, not to mention dealing with the fucking neck, back, & shoulder pain. Worse, the fucking meat head cop wrote the ticket for following too close instead of reckless fucking driving. I hope that worthless shitbag kills someone next time as a way of thanking the cop for being so lenient. Thankfully I was not on a bike or I would be another fucking grease spot on the asphalt right now.

14. 666doll

666doll Mini Boss

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡 ┻━┻
    ^^^

Hope you're all right and feel better sir

15. Yuck!!!

Yuck!!! Side Dealer

flickr:
    yucktoys
    Instagram:
    yucktoys
    (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡 ┻━┻
    I have also been rear ended twice, not in six months, but empathize as even if the people are honest and do their best to meet you half way or whatever it is indeed a huge hassle just to get back to where you were before some idiot hit you.

16. carlisle60

carlisle60 Addicted

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡 ┻━┻
    @psilo110 = sorry to hear you were hit , but hope you are soon on the mend . I've been rear-ended 3 times over the years , last time by a drunk driver fleeing the scene of a wreck + being chased by police ... ugh.

17. ultrakaiju

ultrakaiju Die-Cast Staff Member

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡 ┻━┻
    Really sorry to hear that, and I hope you don't suffer any permanent damage. The worse thing about shitty driving like this is that there is really nothing you can do. No matter how good, safe, and careful you are, there are so many people who are careless, don't respect others on the road, or are completely naive to the dangers operating a motor vehicle can entail. People really need to start thinking of cars as heavy machinery, with all the necessary training and operator responsibilities that entails, rather than just accessories that happen to get you from point A to point B.

18. cyberann

cyberann Comment King

Name:
    Ana
    flickr:
    cyber_ann
    Instagram:
    cyber_ann
    (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡 ┻━┻
    ^ Oh, I am so sorry to hear about the car accident... I hope you don't feel pain and get well soon. xo

19. MonstaIslandCzar

MonstaIslandCzar Comment King

Name:
    Ben
    Instagram:
    MonstaIslandCzar
    (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡 ┻━┻
    Sorry to hear psilo and I hope there's no lasting issues. It happened to me a few years ago...around 1 pm by a drunk old bastard, unfortunately too old to punch in the fucking face :( I've had neck issues ever since and I don't go a morning without waking up to some level of a stiff neck. Make sure you get any injuries checked out to the fullest extent, as I did not and really have no recourse now against the driver. Feel better!

20. bansheebot

bansheebot Super Deformed

flickr:
    bansheebot
    Instagram:
    bansheebot
    (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡 ┻━┻
    Feel better soon, psilo. I got rear ended about a year ago by this doofus who failed to realize that the offramp he was merging onto during rush hour traffic was backed up and at a standstill. The impact didn't do jack to my car but he called me the next day to say that he had a few hundred dollars in damage to his engine because of it. Sucks for you, dude! Hopefully you'll start driving better now.

For real! Some dumb wasp stung me above my upper lip this morning right when I got to work. What a fun way to start a Friday.

Fuck terrible drivers (Tampa Bay is full of them, James can attest to that, I'm sure) and fuck wasps.

21. itsa_mia

itsa_mia Toy Prince

Name:
    jason
    Instagram:
    iam_itsa_mia
    (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡 ┻━┻
    f you canada post for removing online postage
    im so angry i cant do this at home anymore

no wonder our postage rates are so high, now i get to waste employees time
    fckn brilliant :evil:

22. hellointerloper

Name:
    Maddie
    Instagram:
    hellointerloper
    (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡 ┻━┻
    Three months. It took three months.

Oh, and some good news... GSC got his ass on so many ban lists and do-not-sell lists lately due to his recent flips. Completely banned from buying from Lulubell Toys too. The artists and sellers are fighting back.

23. Russblue11

Russblue11 S7 Royalty

Name:
    Kevin
    (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡 ┻━┻
    I can't decide what's worse, that it's been customized like that or that gsc is the current owner and trying to flip it...

24. IronPaw

IronPaw Side Dealer

Instagram:
    iron_paw
    (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡 ┻━┻
    Someone thats friends with him on FB, no idea why you would be, sent me a screenshot of GSC commenting on the BGT on Mandarake. He collects toys because of how much money they command. Ive always known thats why he does t but to post it? Forever a piece of trash.

25. hellointerloper

Name:
    Maddie
    Instagram:
    hellointerloper
    (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡 ┻━┻
    I'm pretty sure the only reason why I'm friends with half the people on my friend's list on Facebook is just so I can watch the train wrecks that are their lives unfold. :lol: The most recent entertainment has been rabid pregnant former classmates... Half of which are accidental pregnancies with their exes. It's better than television.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.