Best Tacos in L.A.

Discussion in 'Muton's Minute' started by Lalo, Jul 6, 2011.

1. Lalo

Lalo Mini Boss

Instagram:
    lalosoda
    Best Tacos in L.A.
    Being originally from L.A. and visiting at least twice a year, I wanna hear what you guys think are the best tacos in L.A.

Thought this up because I went this past weekend and had some amazing tacos at El Chato Taco Truck.
    The Al Pastor and Cabeza tacos were the best and the Carne Asada, Buche and Chorizo tacos were darn good.
    For sure will be visiting this place again, especially after the $13 bill for seven tacos and 3 bottled mexican sodas!

2. JORDAN23

JORDAN23 Post Pimp

Name:
    HENRY
    Best Tacos in L.A.
    I've tried a lot of trucks and my favorite Al Pastor taco comes from Tacos El Pecas, a truck parked at the corner of 7th and Soto every night. And they're even cheaper than the place you went to.

3. toybotstudios

toybotstudios Die-Cast

Best Tacos in L.A.
    We had tacos at the truck near Carl's house. It was ffffffff-freeeeeeezzing outside. but the tacos were awesome and cheap. i forget what the truck was called.

4. super77m

super77m Comment King

flickr:
    icebird1
    Instagram:
    icebird1
    Best Tacos in L.A.
    I also like the tacos at Fridas - Cochinita Pibil or carne asada, (melrose or brentwood), shredded beef tacos at Lotteria grill at the Farmers Market (@ the grove).... Although not exactly a taco, the sopas with shredded short ribs at Red 0 are quite good, though if the bouncers at the front door don't put you off, the prices may.

5. JORDAN23

JORDAN23 Post Pimp

Name:
    HENRY
    Best Tacos in L.A.
    If we're going past tacos...I would highly recommend Huaraches from Huarache Azteca in Highland Park.

6. Mutonismyfriend

Mutonismyfriend Die-Cast

Best Tacos in L.A.
    I like this place on Hillhurst in Los Feliz that serves either fish or shrimp tacos. Its autnetically down at heel and yummy. Lots of great salsas and cabbage to add yerself + tHey have a sour cream dispenser so u can add tons more cholestorl to the alaredy fried offerings.

If only I could recall whats its called.

Anyway - $1.75 for fish and $2.25 for shrimp - and they are bigger than yer avg street taco

7. ultrakaiju

ultrakaiju Die-Cast Staff Member

Best Tacos in L.A.
    Damn, you guys sure know how to torture the rest of us, without access to any of these delicious morsels. I s'pose I could start a 'Best Poutine' thread, but I acknowledge it's not really everyone's bag :twisted: Have to mark these names and locations down if my travels should bring me that way. How 'bout some quick pics the next time you guys are dining on these delights?

8. Mutonismyfriend

Mutonismyfriend Die-Cast

Best Tacos in L.A.
    mmm...I'll send u tacos in excahnge for home grwn Jp vinyl :D

9. computerhair415

computerhair415 Comment King

Name:
    Bryan
    flickr:
    savagefreaks
    Instagram:
    computerhair
    Best Tacos in L.A.
    King taco :D

10. Mutonismyfriend

Mutonismyfriend Die-Cast

Best Tacos in L.A.
    King Rocker!

11. 666doll

666doll Mini Boss

Best Tacos in L.A.
    I can't comment on best taco's in LA, but I can say that the best bean and cheese burrito(s) hands fucking down are at Al and Bea's on 1st St.