Problems with Blobpus? Anyone else?

Discussion in 'Japan Toys' started by useless toys, Sep 12, 2014.

1. useless toys

useless toys Side Dealer

Name:
    Ed
    Has anyone else had a problem with getting stuff and or communication with Kaji/Blobpus recently?

Myself and another boardie both bought/won items in early August, invoice was sent and paid, and now nothing. Multiple emails have been sent, PP disputes filed, and still nothing.

But yet he has time to post pics on IG of new projects and the like.

2. gatiio

gatiio Post Pimp

Instagram:
    gatiio
    Yeah, he sent my Paul kaiju jinx to the wrong address (I think) after multiple emails and reminders and a ton of options exhausted before the preorder even closed. I've been bothering him for a tracking number to fulfill a PO claim and nothing.

I even checked the old address and old PO and the box never came. A waste of 200+ bucks and nothing, not even a "sorry, my bad"

I heard he was having a personal issue to deal with, so it could be that, but that was months ago.

Great work he does, but I'm not in the business of paying for something I may or may not get. Especially when it's so much money.

Kinda bummed that he's so bad at communication, he paints magicness. Hurts the pockets, bad.

3. The Moog

The Moog Die-Cast

^^ Obvious question probably, but do you think toy makers who have had toys painted by him might contact the dude on your behalf?
    He might respond to a business colleague, if you know what i mean. Maybe Rich (MVH) for example . . .

Have to say, i feel for you guys . . . this is unacceptable behavior, surely.
    I'd be fuckin' livid if i was in your situation.

4. Russblue11

Russblue11 S7 Royalty

Name:
    Kevin
    six7777 had to wait a long time to get a custom t9g toy from him and made a thread about it

I've seen others received toys with paint damaged (mecha's shub) and have had Blobpus fix it in some instances (secret space)

Personally haven't ordered directly from him before

5. useless toys

useless toys Side Dealer

Name:
    Ed

Wingnut sent me a link to said thread, I had forgotten all about it. I read through it to see what had been done besides the avenues I went down, and it seemed to get resolved via social media. Seeing as I only have IG and he is posting stuff on there, I left I nice long post on the pic of the item I had win/bought.

I'll just gave to wait and see.

If I don't hear anything in another week, I'm going to raise the PayPal case to get my money back.

6. toni-won

toni-won Toy Prince

Name:
    Tone
    flickr:
    toni-won
    I too have been waiting for a toy from him. Since I have never won a lottery before, I was giving the benefit of doubt before contacting him. I was unsure how long the shipping time would be. My only avenue of contact is email though. I don't have any social media.

7. Kevlo9

Kevlo9 Super Deformed

Have you tried Facebook? He seems pretty active on there.

8. bunnyboy

bunnyboy Side Dealer

I tried that when I had an issue with Kaji, same response from all three guys: don't want to get involved, try again, he's a super-nice guy. To this day, I've never received a reply.

Afaik, six7777 had to contact Paypal several times until Kaji could be bothered to finally send out his custom. Toys looking like Kozik's interns painted them seem to be the norm now. The only thing that baffles me is that people still order from him at this point.

So how many folks only on this board has he burnt now? At least five come to mind immediately... :|

9. Kevlo9

Kevlo9 Super Deformed

I sent him and email and linked this thread.

10. Mr. Humphreys

Mr. Humphreys Mini Boss

Too bad you don't have a photo of him, in which you can pixelate/unpixelate ;)

[​IMG]

11. gatiio

gatiio Post Pimp

Instagram:
    gatiio
    Who knows, last thing I want to do is bother more people.

If he's not responding on IG and it's obvious he is online, it won't make much of a difference an email from an other artist for a toy shipped so long ago.

Kaji seems just to have a bunch on his plate and he's a one man operation.

12. Secret Space

Secret Space Addicted

Instagram:
    vinylmeltor
    I did receive a damaged custom. he was pretty good with communication, replied about sending back for repair. but the problem was it definitely looked like was packed by an intern with one small piece of bubble wrap and thrown in a bag with header like any other release. actually the header was backwards, lol. could have easily been avoided with a little packaging care. no biggie, except being out the 30 bones for return shipping because of obvious packing negligence. he shipped it back with Kaijin Gentleman lotto I won, which I also covered shipping for :lol: I'll take this though over not receiving anything, good luck you guys..

13. Secret Space

Secret Space Addicted

Instagram:
    vinylmeltor
    I could handle this, but when he blocked a buddy of mine on IG for no apparent reason, that got me pissed. :lol:

14. hellointerloper

hellointerloper S7 Royalty

Name:
    Maddie
    Instagram:
    hellointerloper
    Really disappointing to hear about all of these stories of SB members being burnt. One thing that I love about this hobby is that MOST toy makers truly care about their customers. (Just look at how many artists actively participate on these boards!) I understand Blobpus might be a busy man, but there's no excuse on not responding to emails and such or delivering things that have already been paid for... and for a lot of cash. :|

I really hope your issues get resolved, because the toys he paints are usually quite amazing.

15. maxaltoman

maxaltoman Side Dealer

Its a pity that it comes to such a state.
    While I am thankful to blobpus and have no issues with the orders so far, I think these incidents show that he struggles to cope with the surge in demand with so many MTO releases.
    He has some tough choices going forward. Continue like this and the damage will be irrecoverable as it will gradually turn off fans. Although i do appreciate no stress in getting the orders through. Quality and service would probably improve if he switches back to limited supply like the early yamoblob days and control the pace of the releases which have been maybe too fast and too furious lately.

16. Mecha

Mecha Side Dealer

:lol: dont even get me started.

17. wingnut0

wingnut0 S7 Royalty

Name:
    Patrick
    Ed, it looks like Kaji responsed to your comment on the Gori-Sludge pic on IG.

18. useless toys

useless toys Side Dealer

Name:
    Ed
    Whatever any of that means.

19. Paulkaiju

Paulkaiju Mini Boss

Instagram:
    Paulkaiju
    So how many people didn't receive a Jinx from the preorder? Please PM me.

20. useless toys

useless toys Side Dealer

Name:
    Ed
    Just got my EMS tracking number.

21. six7777

six7777 Addicted

Name:
    Jared
    flickr:
    six7777
    Sorry to hear this is happening to others again/still - not sure why customers need to resort to posting about problems on social media to motivate him to do the right thing.