ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:37 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1598 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 60, 61, 62, 63, 64
 Mo' Buta 
Side Dealer

Post Re: Mo' Buta
toothaction wrote:
So very late to the party.

New here. I came to learn. I've liked the giant monstas my entire life and have always made or collected something to do with them, but it's really only in the past couple of years that I've been pursuing the vinyl beauties. They always seemed inaccessible to me for whatever reasons - Price, availability, etc. This all changed in the middle 2000s when I walked in to the now-shuttered House of Monsters in Chicago. It's been a slowly creeping obsession ever since.

Guess when I discovered I'm obsessed with Butanohana? People, I gotta tell you it was today.
I'm not embarrassed that I was almost wholly ignorant of the company until maybe 10 hours ago, but I do now almost wish I'd never seen that picture of the most gorgeous Keronia that's likely ever to be sculpted.

Hundreds of pages of photos later and I'm nearly sick with awe and appreciation. Every single piece I viewed was so unbelievably nice...

I've already devised rules for my imaginary collecting of Buto gold - only kaiju from the original run of Ultraman - but I gather this is going to be a fools errand.

So very very late to the party.

Thanks for listening.

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=31124&start=600

Doing some research tonight, and stumbled across this post, not so very long ago. You've come a long way David! :P

Fri May 20, 2016 12:16 am
Team Tsubu

^ I kind of wish you'd left that buried, it's mortifying to read for a variety of reasons, but you're not wrong...

A crop from the most recent group party I staged, summer of '14:

I don't believe that I posted any of the snaps from the session in this thread before.

Not much growth in the family this past year and a half, but... I fully realize that I have no right to complain!

I'm so very grateful to each and every one of you that has helped me in this epic quest; born on that fateful day in 2011. Wildest dreams exceeded.
butanohana

"I think and try to get a monster of flower soft ware toy pig actually, and notice that light unexpectedly."

Flickr one and Flickr two

Fri May 20, 2016 6:33 am
Vintage

I am swooning over that collection pic, David. So many colours and shapes, it boggles the mind looking at its beauty. All other shelves immediately become humbled in its presence. Thanks for sharing the family with us, as always. It is a pleasure to enjoy these toys we can't all have through you photos.
toothaction wrote:
^ I kind of wish you'd left that buried, it's mortifying to read for a variety of reasons, but you're not wrong
How so exactly? I think most of us have followed your incredible journey, and when you actually think about the time span (<5 years) it is really quite staggering.
toothaction wrote:
Not much growth in the family this past year and a half, but... I fully realize that I have no right to complain!
Well, you might just garner the win for that statement, D. :P I think what you consider "not much growth" would be considered very welcome to a lot of folks on here. Yeah, I know, it is all relative.

flickr part [2] part [3]

Fri May 20, 2016 11:58 am
Side Dealer

Well I don't think you should be mortified! I think you should be very proud. :D Wish the buta database had release dates. Don't get me wrong, I love and appreciate all the hardwork Chris, you, Daniel, and otherss have put into it, but I'm a nerd over those dates :oops: . It's great reading the old posts and reliving the enthusiasm. Great collections and photos :shock: . Gotta say, your collection is awe inspiring when amassed in a relatively short time, you are an ingeniuos and creative collector :wink: . Thanks always for sharing your toys and the "living" photos! Very few are as brave to play with your toys, as you do!

Fri May 20, 2016 2:07 pm
Team Tsubu

Okay, I'll admit it...

IG is sorta fun.
機動戦士ガンダム x ぶたのはな x キャラホビ2015 Buta ButaNoHana "Mobile Suit Gundam" Gundam Gunboy "Prototype MS Part 1" "Prototype MS Part 2" sofubi toys Kyarahobi キャラホビ2015 ぶたのはな YMS-08A ガンボーイ Prototype Mobile Suit Part 1 プロトタイプモビルスーツ その1 2 その2 "General Revil" レビル将軍 機動戦士ガンダム ガンダム x Robot Robots Mecha

"I think and try to get a monster of flower soft ware toy pig actually, and notice that light unexpectedly."

Wed May 25, 2016 9:10 pm
Vintage

Well, I think those photos would be fun whether it was involved or not, so I am not sure IG deserves any credit for that. But sure, what the hay.

flickr part [2] part [3]

Wed May 25, 2016 11:05 pm
Side Dealer

toothaction wrote:
Dirty work.
"ButaNoHana" Buta "Postman Zarab" "Postman Icarus" Ikarus" "Zarab Chibira-Kun

Deevis, I've been pondering your photo. Can you please tell me if that is a pipe or something? And what's it doing on an i-beam? Factory pic or manufacturing yard? Inquiring minds wanna know :?:

Thu May 26, 2016 9:08 pm
Vintage

Makes me want to finally break mine out of bags, stalling for some reason

toothaction wrote:
Okay, I'll admit it...

IG is sorta fun.
機動戦士ガンダム x ぶたのはな x キャラホビ2015 Buta ButaNoHana "Mobile Suit Gundam" Gundam Gunboy "Prototype MS Part 1" "Prototype MS Part 2" sofubi toys Kyarahobi キャラホビ2015 ぶたのはな YMS-08A ガンボーイ Prototype Mobile Suit Part 1 プロトタイプモビルスーツ その1 2 その2 "General Revil" レビル将軍 機動戦士ガンダム ガンダム x Robot Robots Mecha

Thu May 26, 2016 9:23 pm
Vintage

liquidsky wrote:
Makes me want to finally break mine out of bags, stalling for some reason

Oh, there most definitely was a reason. And that was that you were just holding them for me, right? No worries, if you really feel like opening up and enjoying them for a while after all this time, I completely understand. Just let me know when you are ready to forward them along. :mrgreen:

flickr part [2] part [3]

Thu May 26, 2016 10:59 pm
Team Tsubu

Mr. Humphreys wrote:
Deevis, I've been pondering your photo. Can you please tell me if that is a pipe or something? And what's it doing on an i-beam? Factory pic or manufacturing yard? Inquiring minds wanna know :?:
Short answer? Reclaimed industrial biz installed outside of an otherwise sad looking strip mall "pub," encountered by me on a trek deep into the blandest burbs to renew my ID at the SoS. The lesson? Never leave home without your supplies!

I also discovered that day, thanks to an impulse purchase at a Chinese grocery in the same strip, that my cat goes absolutely apeshit for cod jerky!

Went looking for a picture...
Google, no!

Mon May 30, 2016 8:32 pm
Side Dealer

Pandabab appreciation Deevis!
:wink:

... do you mean the dried fish at the Chinese grocery store?

Mon May 30, 2016 8:49 pm
Team Tsubu

^ Newp!

Processed as can be. :D

As long as I'm here...

S'more oldies, retooled for Appland.
Mr.Pibb Pibb Buta ぶたのはな Mongler Mongular モングラー UltraQ ウルトラQ Ultraman ウルトラマン tsuburaya Bango バンゴ UltramanLeo Seabozu シーボーズ

Mon May 30, 2016 10:20 pm
Side Dealer

Oh! I know what that is! I prefer the dried squid / surume snack myself, or #2

https://www.buzzfeed.com/tanyachen/icon ... .oso7da4Wv

The Korean grocery store sells unsalted non-MSG version, which Henry and Emma got bits of (yes, they went apes over that too! :P ). I had to stop giving it to them, as it caused cysytitis

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feline_cystitis
(no more dairy or high calcium and magnesium snacks for Henry and Emma :x )
Heck! It's probably bad for us too! :P :P

Lovely pics Deevis! I'm still on the hunt for the BLUE mongler! :mrgreen:

Mon May 30, 2016 10:34 pm
Addicted

New arrivals

micro GID Takkong and Ghostron, micro Eleking (from the Woo VS. Eleking set), and mini yellow Greenman Gorilla.

Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:15 pm
Profile WWW
Vintage

Those are some fantastic finds Dave. A glorious rainbow of colours and fun sculpts. The Buta painted micros are really something, I can't get over how much I like them. Hope to track down more than a couple of them some day.

flickr part [2] part [3]

Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:50 am
Addicted

ultrakaiju wrote:
Those are some fantastic finds Dave.

Thanks man.
The GID set was on ebay and I haven't sweat out an auction like that in years!

Last edited by dave zav on Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:35 am
Profile WWW
Vintage

Hah, kinda figured that Dave! I was watching those too, but am glad now I held back, as there is nothing worse than a battle between 'brainers that ends up skyrocketing auctions. Happy that they went to a good home in the end.

flickr part [2] part [3]

Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:05 pm
Side Dealer

Someone got to go sailing on the James yesterday :P

Feasting at the Captain's table~

All flippers on deck!

Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:49 am
Profile WWW
Team Tsubu

Six shades of green and all kinds of happy over your time on the water, sirs. Todally.

Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:55 am
Vintage

toothaction wrote:
Todally.
I cannot top this, nor would I attempt to. Hat tip, good sir.

Lovely water adventures Rei. I am continuously reminded how there is no environment on this planet (or in my imagination) that is not improved with the presence of OMB's creations.

flickr part [2] part [3]

Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:10 am
Side Dealer

Thanks guys! Todora here was the perfect candidate to take on this trip :)

Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:37 pm
Profile WWW
Team Tsubu

Genetic trends.
Buta Butanohana dino dinosaur prehistoric BGB Corythosaurus Giganotosaurus Placerias Edmontonia Protoceratops

Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:01 pm
Line of Credit

^ Doin the hop at the dinosaur social.

I want them all.

"The secret of happiness is not found in seeking more, but in developing the capacity to enjoy less."
--
Socrates, not a toy collector.

SELLING: - - -
TRADING: - - -
WANTING: the Good / the Bad / & Plenty of the Ugly!

Now In INSTACOLOR: @boonvelvet

Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:01 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1598 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 60, 61, 62, 63, 64