ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:52 pm

Favorite Vintage Shelf 
Addicted

Post Favorite Vintage Shelf
We have a "Vintage Mail Day" thread and others with a vintage twist on mainstream threads, so I thought why not a "Favorite Vintage Shelf" thread. I'll start it off:
I hope this catches on. I think it would be fun to see various vintage shelf displays.
If not, I'll use it to post the more of my collection.
Enjoy!

Thu May 26, 2016 7:18 am
Vintage

Post Re: Favorite Vintage Shelf
Damn Mark, I was thinking I don't envy you the task of trying to pick a favourite shelf from amongst your collection, but I see you didn't either. :mrgreen: So many beauties there, and a ton of rare toys (I think you might have broken by jaw implants with it gaping open to that degree). Dang it, your Nitto yokai, pachi dinos, cyborb RB - all such amazing figures. And I really have to say that that Kabaya Biomelon nesting dude is still one of my favs.

Superb collection man, I long to check it out in person.

flickr part [2] part [3]

Thu May 26, 2016 7:27 am
Mr. Grumpy™

I just spit up my Corona! Damn Mark Tiger 7's! FAH bootleg with removable helment, Bandai Kikaids 01 Standard, Clear Red Baron Robot are you kidding? Too many to mention! Top shelf indeed. I see you group your cyborg clears together also- they always look so good as a team!

Thu May 26, 2016 2:31 pm
Profile WWW
Side Dealer

Beautiful! :shock: Love the Tigers, and those Kure Kure Takora little ones are so cute! :P And magnet-headed Nakajima dinos! :shock: Looking forward to seeing more of your collection, since this is most likely the tip of the ice berg :!:

p.s. is that a Yonezawa Spectreman riding a 3-headed beast windup toy, on the bottom shelf-far right? I've always wanted one of those! :shock: (and what is that red multi-color spray 2-headed beast behind the windup toy, please?)

p.p.s. I feel like a little girl, who has visited an aquarium of toys for the very first time! Amazed and want everything! :P

Thu May 26, 2016 3:21 pm
Addicted

My god.. :shock: Now those are some great shelves. Really love the pachi/yokai one. Great stuff Mark

ブルマァク on parade
Want List

Thu May 26, 2016 5:43 pm
Vintage

I am so glad to see I am not the only one just floored by these shelves. Mark, that is some staggering menagerie of greatness you have put together. And I can only imagine what is yet to come, including updated dinos!

Just to highlight a few more, your Yonezawa originals collection is really blowing my mind. I am super envious of those beasts. And that Jetter Mars set is just so adorable, especially with the rocket. I also have not see the fullsize Megaloman too often, so that is a wonder. And...and....and....

Mr. Humphreys wrote:
p.s. is that a Yonezawa Spectreman riding a 3-headed beast windup toy, on the bottom shelf-far right?
I think that is actually a pachi version, Grace. You can see him and his 'bare' compatriot in Scott's photo here,
https://www.flickr.com/photos/74359513@N03/24360316952

flickr part [2] part [3]

Thu May 26, 2016 11:46 pm
Side Dealer

Thank you Stevie! :D Loved seeing Scott's photos of the to at all angles. Really spiffy! :D

Fri May 27, 2016 12:13 am
Mini Boss

Thank you for starting this Mark. I could stare for days. I know I have seen him somewhere before, but have forgotten. Who is the little bug guy, top shelf left?

Fri May 27, 2016 6:54 am
Addicted

What a shelf! Such variety. So many choice pieces.

I love the Battle Fever set. And I really want to get my hands on one of those Dimetredon dinos. That one in particular is such a great sculpt.

Fri May 27, 2016 7:43 am
Profile WWW
Addicted

ultrakaiju wrote:
Mr. Humphreys wrote:
p.s. is that a Yonezawa Spectreman riding a 3-headed beast windup toy, on the bottom shelf-far right?
I think that is actually a pachi version, Grace. You can see him and his 'bare' compatriot in Scott's photo here,
https://www.flickr.com/photos/74359513@N03/24360316952

Incidentally, I got my Pachi Spectreman off Mark last year! wonderful shelves Mark - So many treasures

Fri May 27, 2016 5:00 pm
Profile WWW
Side Dealer

^^^Lucky ducky! :D Scott, I think you should post some of your vintage shelf photos too. I enjoy seeing your collection on Flickr.

p.s. Just realized that Mark has the Biomelon toy!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=40004&hilit=biomelon

Does anyone know what is that red metallic 2-headed King Ghidora-ish toy?
The cobalt blue Takatoku dino is beautiful!

Fri May 27, 2016 7:02 pm
Vintage

Are you trying to torture me here Grace, those are the toys I highlighted too! :P

The pachi split personality fella is from Yonezawa, and is called Dabura. You can see him (lower right) in this scan of a Yonezawa ad Daniel shared one here quite some time back.
akum6n wrote:

This is a b/w ad for some of the Yonezawa kaiju. You can see the original 'Rokuron' and the Dabura that Z posted a little while ago.

He is a tough one to find, and you will probably have to fight off some decent competition (myself included), but you can also try tracking down a pretty stellar Hukkokudo repro of him as a placeholder for the time being.

flickr part [2] part [3]

Fri May 27, 2016 11:44 pm
Side Dealer

Thank you Steve! :D And thank you Daniel for sharing that scan! :P That sparking windup friction monster is pretty cute too!

Steve, you could subsist on a deserted island with just that corner of the shelf I highlighted :D

Sat May 28, 2016 12:04 am
Addicted

Thanks for all the kind words. I have been away (still am) and have not had time to answer any questions. However, I think they all got answered except for Connell: That is Orange Ant from Kikaida. And, just for the record, it is one big, long shelf :P
Let's see some more.

Sat May 28, 2016 11:43 am
Fresh Meat

Mark K - Then that is one incredible shelf, cheers! I am tempted to splice the photos together to see the whole thing at once.

There is a nice Dabura figure on YJ right now, but it's quite expensive. A rad-looking monster though for sure.

Sat May 28, 2016 12:35 pm
Line of Credit

That Mighty figure you have hiding in the back is so damn hard to find. Thanks for sharing such an amazing shelf Mark.

Mon May 30, 2016 2:33 pm
Prototype

The real trick is finding Dabura without any of the horns broken off.

Mon May 30, 2016 2:56 pm
Profile WWW
Fresh Meat

Little late to the party , but have to say lovely images here.

Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:04 am