ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:30 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45
 Non- Vinyl American toys 
Toy Prince

Post Re: Non- Vinyl American toys
Some other stuff i have thats open but not a full build a set from Hasbro.

Bulldozer

Hulk
Surprisingly this guy has a great range of articulation.

Thundra

An Assortment Of Iron Man Armor & War Machine

Some Of The Newer Spiderman sets are quite good too.
ImageImageImageImage

Sun May 29, 2016 9:50 pm
Toy Prince

And some of the OLD Toybiz versions. Ill give you guys a break with some X Men Stuff. I really agree with you guys that Hasbro needs to dabble allot more into the X Men franchise in general. There are a tone of figures still yet to be made.

This one i think is a variant of a variant actually. If you look at the picture of him on the side you see he has a blue suite. This one does not.

Sun May 29, 2016 9:56 pm
Toy Prince

New toys coming out from the cancelled 2011 Thundercats show! :D

Dear god yes i need my Thundercats fix!!!!! XD

These chibi versions are going to go great on a counter space!

And SDCC Barbie She-Ra which really does not look bad at all.

Mon May 30, 2016 5:02 pm
Toy Prince

So i got something pretty cool for you guys to check out tonight. If your not aware yet there is a collectors exclusive set of TMNT 2: Secret Of The Ooze figures at Walmarts you can buy in wake of the new TMNT 2: Out Of the Shadows movie. You can only find these at that particular store. I got lucky with the Walmart that is literally right across the street from me and they had a complete line to choose from. Now i only picked up one figure because i wanted to test the waters with this figure and i REALLY like what I see with them. Playmates has really outdone themselves with these movie renditions of the turtles and these particular figures sport about 34 points of articulation which makes them highly poseable for collectors to play with as well as kids. They all come with an assortment of 4 different heads sporting different emotions as well as there signature weapons and a few other fun nick nacks. They cost about 20 dollars which is the same as the price of the Marvel Legends toys but make no mistake they give you quite a bit of bang for your buck. But besides Leonardo you can get Michelangelo, Raphael and Donatello.

Here is the front of the figure in box.

This is the back of the box with a Bio of the figure and the movie in general.

Here's a pose with with Leonardo's katana sword's out.

Here he is sitting down with some ooze canister's. One sealed and one broken.

Some nifty throwing stars! You get about 4 of them. :)

Overall great value for the money and he goes great with any of your other 6 inch figure collections! :D

And each figure comes packed with a brochure of the TMNT new movie figure's, playset's and roll play toys.

I really hope the Voltron toy line coming out next year has some awesome collectors pieces like this one that was released.

Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:08 pm
Vintage

Since we were talking about the BAF collection, you know one [other] thing that really pisses me off? The friggin' accessories that come with some of these toys. I don't know if Hasbro was reacting to some negative feedback from parents or consumer groups about some of their earlier stuff, but the move away from 'weapons' is just utterly ridiculous.

Example, take the Winter Soldier action figure. I don't think you could probably ask for more realism in a toy, on-screen accuracy, and incredible sculpting and detail. Pretty decent, amirite?

But then, I would like to highlight the 'accessory' that comes with Bucky,

What the ever-living-f? What is that thing supposed to be? And the WS isn't even the only figure that comes with a monstrosity like that; just check out some of the others from the Mandroid seris. I've highlighted the whole set to show how incredibly stupid it is both in design and proportion to the actual toy. There is really no way these figures can hold these weapons, nor does it look like they were ever designed to. I would not be surprised at all if this was changed later on in the development. Look, I can fully appreciate that they want to go away from the whole 'guns' thing, but including this ridiculous giant plasma rifle (or whatever it is) is hardly any better. The physics of it don't make any sense, it doesn't match something in the movie or comics (that I know of) and doesn't even work with the toy it is sold with. And if they are really concerned with the violent aspects of it, why have the figure marketed in this way (i.e. directly from the film) in the first place; because it is clearly a violent movie and character. If impressionable kids are seeing that movie, than that is a whole separate issue about exposure.

This is comics right, so all stuff is fair, but it just seems so far-fetched to have these weird weapons included that are lifted straight out of the horrible '90s action figure packages, where everything bigger was better, and has absolutely zero connection to the character they are included with. I am pretty certain I would rather have no weapons with such a toy, or some shield or tire iron or ... something.... instead, if they are going to just never put in any 'realistic' looking gun. It seems against what they have themselves set up this line to be about. These are also not really average action figures off the shelf for most kids; not the way the line is marketed and priced anyways. I actually have no problem whatsoever with limiting things to be 'appropriate' but this seems almost trying to have it both ways, which is what gets me.

Anyhow, I don't really care, I just think it is sort of silly looking at it why this decision was made. Silly designs amuse me. /rant

flickr part [2] part [3]

Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:12 am
Toy Prince

that peen blaster?!

Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:25 am
Profile WWW
Toy Prince

The new Punisher toy coming out looks legit though with weapons.

Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:53 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45