ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Here is your chance to impress your internet friends
Post a reply

Indulge me, Its my birthday-Blythe Collection

Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:06 am

I Reorganized the shelves yesterday, so all the girls came out of the case! This is a rare occurrence, so I snapped some pictures.

Redheads of the World Unite!

gothic lolitas & Cosplayers hang out.

Blue hairs

Many More on flickr

Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:14 am

Nice, happy birthday missy. My wife would be all over these. Are they all unmodified?
Last edited by mikeee on Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:15 am

Happy Birthday Missy! So YOU'RE the person posting all these dolls to Flickr! ;-)

Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:18 am

mikeee wrote:Nice missy, my wife would be all over these. Are they all unmodified?

Of 25 dolls, I only have one custom doll, (and it is a duplicate of a doll I already own.)

Customizing ruins toys. ;)

Believe it or not, this is the same doll:

Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:21 am

Happy b-day miss Missy!

Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:28 am

missy wrote:Believe it or not, this is the same doll:

it's RUINED!

which one is the original?

Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:31 am

pickleloaf wrote:
missy wrote:Believe it or not, this is the same doll:

it's RUINED!

which one is the original?

I think the one on the left is the original. I've seen some collectors modifying their dolls into a matte / powdery skin texture. My wife wanted to try it but I told her it was too risky and kinda ruins the figure in a way.

Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:33 am

you're right, the pink hair is the original, the more 'natural' redhead is the custom. she has new eyelashes, new eyechips, carved & repainted lips. i considered spray matting her too. lots AND LOTS of people do that, and its relatively safe with the right materials.

I got the customized one cheap, and its a duplicate of my first doll, so She is a constant work in progress. :) Other than her, my dolls stay stock.

Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:36 am

Happy Birthday to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:41 am

missy wrote:you're right, the pink hair is the original, the more 'natural' redhead is the custom. she has new eyelashes, new eyechips, carved & repainted lips. i considered spray matting her too. lots AND LOTS of people do that, and its relatively safe with the right materials.

I got the customized one cheap, and its a duplicate of my first doll, so She is a constant work in progress. :) Other than her, my dolls stay stock.

is there an advantage to matting them? or is it just an aesthetic thing? like making them look fleshy instead of plastic

Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:47 am

Happy Happy Birthday.

Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:54 am

pickleloaf wrote:
missy wrote:you're right, the pink hair is the original, the more 'natural' redhead is the custom. she has new eyelashes, new eyechips, carved & repainted lips. i considered spray matting her too. lots AND LOTS of people do that, and its relatively safe with the right materials.

is there an advantage to matting them? or is it just an aesthetic thing? like making them look fleshy instead of plastic

From Melissa on Puchicollective:
MelissaOct 19th, 2006 at 8:55 am[img]

liz -

The earliest takaras had matte skin. Some people prefer the look. Some think it photographs better. it also makes a better surface for applying pastel and airbrush makeup, because it gives the skin a “tooth” for the makeup to grab onto.

They have instructions here fore sand matting (WARNING-Will remove makeup!)
http://www.puchicollective.com/tutorial ... d-matting/

spray matting is also popular & there is instruction here:
http://blythe.swedenunlimited.com/newfo ... hp?t=67073

Here is a good comparison photo of a non matted & a matted doll:

Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:04 am

Happy Birthday Missy---killer doll collection

Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:56 am

¡HAPPY B-DAY! Thanks for sharing the girls... :D

Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:01 am

Happy b-day missy, that is an incredible blythe collection. I'll have to show these photos to my gf. She will be so jealous! :P

Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:39 am

Happy Birthday To You Missy...!!!

:D

Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:42 am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

they should make one similar to this...

Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:47 am

Happy Birth day to you Missy, and thanks for that little slice into the world of Blythe.

Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:17 pm

Super-Happy Birthday Wishes to You!

Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:05 pm

Happy bday. Great collection.

Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:31 pm

Is your melon haired girl a primadolly with an awesome hair cut or something else? I haven't been keeping up with all things blythe.

Also, happy birthday! May it be filled with chocolate and/or cake.

Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:56 pm

messtiza wrote:Is your melon haired girl a primadolly with an awesome hair cut or something else? I haven't been keeping up with all things blythe.

Also, happy birthday! May it be filled with chocolate and/or cake.

She is "Enchanted Petal" She came with some bogus fairy stock outfits, which i hated, but I saw her true potential as an art rocker.

Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:47 pm

happy birthday missy!!

now go play with your dolls!!!

Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:03 pm

Great collections missy. Happy B-day!

These look very nice.

Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:58 pm

happy happy birthday!
Post a reply