ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Here is your chance to impress your internet friends
Post a reply

Cronic Collections

Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:19 am

Some early Zyurai Asu figures

"Dropshadows" (the all black and clear amber were the first two Zyurai figures made)

My favorite Zyurai:

Close-up:

Another favorite:
Last edited by andy on Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

Re: Old Skool Zyurai Asu

Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:49 am

oldskool shit is kool!

Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:09 am

absolutely beautiful pieces.

Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:21 am

Always nice seeing your collection Andy

Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:40 am

Zyurais, my favourite!
excellent cronic collection as usual.

Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:23 am

Side note: Most of these use a black base figure. Naoki also did a lot with clear Amber figures when he started out.

Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:54 am

Another great collection.

Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:45 am

btw about time you snagged that Zyurai you were missing!

See what the blank GID sold for on fleabay?

Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:58 am

crazy! 400 bucks for that Zyurai.

Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:07 am

JAY wrote:crazy! 400 bucks for that Zyurai.

Rare fig though I'm sure, especially considering it still had the header. Like finding an old Rxh figure :D

Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:10 am

Darky wrote:
JAY wrote:crazy! 400 bucks for that Zyurai.

Rare fig though I'm sure, especially considering it still had the header. Like finding an old Rxh figure :D

yeah...but i'm pretty sure it wouldn't be worth THAT much.

Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:12 am

Most of the early Zyurais are very rare - around 10-15 pieces or less. It's taken me quite a while to put together my little collection. For a few of the figures, I've only ever seen them for sale once and was lucky to have a chance to pick them up.

Now that Mandarake is putting their Cronic up on Ebay instead of the webstore, things are going to get really crazy. But I actually prefer that over the "gone in 2 seconds" 12:00 AM New Item scrambles, since auctions give everyone a shot at a figure.

Curious to see what that purple Maverasu prototype they just put up will end up at. First ever Cronic figure!

Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:49 am

andy wrote:Most of the early Zyurais are very rare - around 10-15 pieces or less. It's taken me quite a while to put together my little collection. For a few of the figures, I've only ever seen them for sale once and was lucky to have a chance to pick them up.

Now that Mandarake is putting their Cronic up on Ebay instead of the webstore, things are going to get really crazy. But I actually prefer that over the "gone in 2 seconds" 12:00 AM New Item scrambles, since auctions give everyone a shot at a figure.

Curious to see what that purple Maverasu prototype they just put up will end up at. First ever Cronic figure!

Well I'm bound to have some more competition for it now thank you Andy :P

Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:12 am

LOL relax! And while you're relaxing, how about a photo or two of your collection? :wink:

Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:42 am

andy wrote:LOL relax! And while you're relaxing, how about a photo or two of your collection? :wink:

What collection? :wink:

Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:51 am

Egads! The classic "There is no spoon" defense. It can't be countered! :lol:

Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:55 am

Shit Andy. You have some real nice colorways of this guy. Another sculpt on my Things to Collect list. I don't see too many collections of this guy. And I agree on your favorite. If I can own one of them, this guy would probably be it.

Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:02 am

Really like the yellow painted one in the 3rd pic... 'Studio One' stylee. When was this one released ?

Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:30 pm

What can be said? + a million. No close ups of the Hobby Complex Mav? Every picture I've seen of that one so far wasn't really detailed enough, would love to see a clear shot of that bad boy.

Bummed that the one place you could still find deals is now going for top dollar. I never scored anything decent on Mandarake but it was still cool to see that deals were being had. I can't compete with overseas collectors on the bay anymore...the pathetic US dollar has been rendered utterly defenseless. :x

Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:51 pm

Really nice collection, Andy! Jealous...

Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:46 pm

Zaaier wrote:Really like the yellow painted one in the 3rd pic... 'Studio One' stylee. When was this one released ?

Winter Wonderfestival - Feb 2006.

Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:47 pm

khanate wrote:What can be said? + a million. No close ups of the Hobby Complex Mav?

I'll try to snap a pic in a few hours.

Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:06 pm

i love that black with purple and silver spray. i've been trying to get 2 zyus off kirkland's hands and finally got him to let one go. it was a tough choice between that black with purple and silver spray or...
i think you can guess which one i got. now i need to get my hands on something else to pry away that black one from kirkland :D
this is the only zyurai asu that i own

Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:44 pm

gatchabert wrote:i love that black with purple and silver spray. i've been trying to get 2 zyus off kirkland's hands and finally got him to let one go. it was a tough choice between that black with purple and silver spray or...
i think you can guess which one i got. now i need to get my hands on something else to pry away that black one from kirkland :D
this is the only zyurai asu that i own

aside from HPs this is my all time favorite Zyurai. fade to clear rules on any figure...

Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:50 pm

I think you took advantage of me when I was drunk. bastard...

I only realized this morning that you gave me two broken bearbricks in trade... :evil:
Post a reply