ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Here is your chance to impress your internet friends
Post a reply

Charactics can do no wrong

Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:26 pm

New mini Hedorah arrived today and I couldn't wait to pair him up with the big guy.

Charactics - you are loved.

Re: Charactics can do no wrong

Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:37 pm

great pic tim!!

can't wait to pair mine up too...

Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:13 am

Beautiful shot Tim. I love the Charactics.

Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:14 pm

Oh man! That's a great pair up Tim!

Josh! Where's my Hedorah!?!?!?!

Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:27 am

Jealous :cry:
I've got a load of Hedorahs coming my way by mail right now, but none of them will be paired up with a matching larger or smaller counterpart :(

Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:42 pm

T, I agree with you--this mini GID is super cool.

Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:58 pm

Wasn't that strong on the charactics stuff till I saw this photo; really cool in sculpt, paint and photo.

Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:15 am

Seeing this photo just made me buy my first Charactics mini hedorah. Damn Tim you're evil....

Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:21 am

Lixx wrote:Seeing this photo just made me buy my first Charactics mini hedorah. Damn Tim you're evil....

You've made the right decision. Just sorry to hear it's taken you so long. :wink:

Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:37 pm

plover wrote:
Lixx wrote:Seeing this photo just made me buy my first Charactics mini hedorah. Damn Tim you're evil....

You've made the right decision. Just sorry to hear it's taken you so long. :wink:

Ditto.

Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:08 pm

plover wrote:

Only 10 more to get caught up!

If you thought you were addidicted before, Charactics minis open up a new realm of obsession.

Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:21 pm

turtletooth wrote:Only 10 more to get caught up!

If you thought you were addidicted before, Charactics minis open up a new realm of obsession.

Alex I'm quite afraid of this! :( I've always been curious about the charactics matangos (of course) and the hedorah minis but never pulled the trigger on any purchases till 2 weeks ago (got a pink matango mini). Now I think I'm a day late an dollar short to the party because these little ones are getting harder an harder to find. Matango's- I've already convinced myself I'll probably never come across more than 2 or 3 of those...

On the bright side they take up way less space than standards!

Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:49 pm

No, we don't need any more competition for these :twisted: ! I've been searching for a matango, a hedorah, and a couple gezoras for years now.

Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:59 pm

I'm trying my best to stay away.
Far away.

Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:40 pm

oooooh, those look great. Shoulda ordered.

Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:05 am

Revival! Let's see some Charactics collections.

Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:20 am

Image Image

Image Image Image

I don't have a lot but these are awesome. I love the mini gezoras. I know there's a brown one but I don't care for it because it reminds me of a poopsicle.

Last one I am looking for is the one on the left:

I don't know if there's any recent ones lately. Last one I got was grey pink/red one.
Last edited by Nate on Tue May 28, 2013 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:54 pm

As far as I can recall, the last two were the Rumble Monsters releases- the two on the right in the middle row.

Really a great toy. I think the GID Gezora was my first JP vinyl toy... so many years ago.

Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:41 pm

I only have a couple of the mid-size Hedo's, but boy do I love mine. I would love to have more, for sure. Charactics is a word I drop into the search engine on eBay every single day, many times a day in hopes to snag other figs I would love to own. Thanks for resurrecting this thread

Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:54 pm

Sad they went out of business. Their minis along with Butanohana, and plover's pics really got me thinking small ain't so bad. Here are some pics from long ago in my favorites (from the Charactics Shop):

Charactics in Osaka by hummingburger, on Flickr

Along with these Dennis had taken that I managed to save:

So many gems...

Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:35 pm

Click and save! Thanks for the posting those... not much in the way of a Charactics database out there except for that old article in Kai-Zine.

Reminds me that I need to get back to work on tracking down the Biollantes.

Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:17 pm

That little Goji is wonderful, Yuck!!!. I can't add to the collection shots but I can certainly weigh in with some appreciation. Another one of those companies that I've forced myself to steer clear of - if I pick up one I'm going to end up scrambling for them all!

Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:43 pm

thanks for posting those pics Lixx

Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:55 am

Those shop photos are great!
Hadn't seen the Dennis ones before.
It's a real shame they closed up.

Here's some old pics of my Matango line-up...

Charactics Matango by fun9us, on Flickr

Charactics Matango by fun9us, on Flickr

Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:43 am

Great pictures on this thread.

Charactics figures are awesome, I only have a mini Gezora, I need more !
Post a reply