ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Here is your chance to impress your internet friends
Post a reply

Re: Favorite shelf

Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:02 pm

^^The paintjob on that Slimebat looks sick! :shock:

Here's mine

Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:00 am

Thanks for all the info Yuck! Such a great story, I am really happy to see that they brought back this figure. He is a great character and sculpt, and it is awesome to see a part of KT live on. :)

Nice shelf Michael. Some really cool vintage toys there, and I always love seeing those Popy 'Star Wars' style action figures of Kamen Rider and such. I actually didn't realise the Uzumark monster was quite that small, but then, I swear I have the reaction to all of those/Ilu Ilu releases. What is it about the toys that makes them seem giant? Just fantastic sculpt work and detailing I guess.

Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:17 am

EastEndFrontier wrote:Here's mine

Nice and varied shelf . . . and its cool to see the Pac-Man coin-bank peeking out from the back.
One of my favourite toys.

Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:48 pm

Currently my favorite shelf. Hoping to add more of these guys to my collection:

Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:12 pm

powerful !!!!

Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:50 pm

accidental camera test and snapped a full view

Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:58 pm

That mama bootleg action figure bootleg will always be high on my want list, perfect shelf man!

Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:07 am

michael wrote:Image

accidental camera test and snapped a full view

Fun pic. Are you sorting your tapes by color ?

Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:36 am

Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:16 am

^^

I spy Dennis the Menace . . . nice mixed group.
Love it.

Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:19 am

Is that a crazy Mexican Robocop bootleg painted up as Iron Man? Ha, I love it! Really nice to see the Marusan Ebirah represented too, one of my first licensed kaiju toys from the 'new era' so I always have some love for him.

Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:31 am

Thanks guys, yes I love the Mexi bootleg! Got it from JP :) The Ebirah is a smaller scale, to hold me over until I score a vintage specimen one day! I have a Gorosaurus in the same scale as well~

Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:27 am

My new favourite shelf on my new favourite shelf (acrylic jammed into the bricks)

Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:33 am

Nice set up :) did you fashion the shelves yourself?

Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:37 am

^^ great idea unihornblud

Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:05 pm

Vombie wrote:Nice set up :) did you fashion the shelves yourself?

Cheers! And yeah I did, just measured them up and used the laser cutters at university for a "project" haha.

Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:18 pm

Oh boy! I just LOVE seeing those Bandai Ultra figures on your shelf. Reminds me of exactly why I came into this whole hobby. Such classics. Thanks for posting 'em, seeing those still getting love gave me a nice smile. I got to ask though, what is with the tentacle on Satan Beetle?

Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:24 am

Good DIYing!! If only i had bricks. and acrylic.
Digging that arm on that milky blue realhead
Makes me want new shelves myself

Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:56 am

Drakemore wrote:Good DIYing!! If only i had bricks. and acrylic.
Digging that arm on that milky blue realhead
Makes me want new shelves myself

Just hang stuff from the roof!

Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:57 am

ultrakaiju wrote:Oh boy! I just LOVE seeing those Bandai Ultra figures on your shelf. Reminds me of exactly why I came into this whole hobby. Such classics. Thanks for posting 'em, seeing those still getting love gave me a nice smile. I got to ask though, what is with the tentacle on Satan Beetle?

Thanks mate, didn't know if people loved or hated seeing them, but thanks for the positive words. They were some of the first ones I saw on a trip to Japan years ago and what got me into it as well.

And the tentacle, that's a funny one, I once pulled everything apart and cleaned them all up and thought it would be funny to swap some arms around to see what it looked like. And now for the life of me I can't get it back out haha. I'm sure I could heat it up and remove it, but I kinda forgot about it. I'll get onto that asap.

Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:42 am

Nice set up and idea indeed.
But be careful as the acrylic sheets will bend with the weight over time. You wouldn't want them to fall in cascade...

Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:19 am

Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:49 am

Love it, clean is good

Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:17 pm

credenza heatmap Buta

Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:09 pm

^ Love it!
Post a reply