ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Here is your chance to impress your internet friends
Post a reply

Re: Favorite shelf

Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:44 am

Lixx wrote:
Tsk tsk Anthony if you got rid of Fuu/Gikkola from the Medicom Nodder repro set! Ol' Wood block head was the best one, is he just on a desk or hidden somewhere? :wink:

EDIT: oh wait I think I see his arm to the left ...

He was fighting with his brothers so I placed him on another shelf at the time. :D

Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:49 am

Currently my favourite:

Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:11 am

^^ Nice and colourful . . . . . i haven't seen that version of Sammo Hung before.
Have you been sacrilegious and added eyes to your MVH Dokurogon?
For shame! :wink:

I'd love one of those blue dogs with the hair, they are awesome.

Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:58 pm

Last edited by rattanicus on Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:57 am

The Moog wrote:^^ Nice and colourful . . . . . i haven't seen that version of Sammo Hung before.
Have you been sacrilegious and added eyes to your MVH Dokurogon?
For shame! :wink:

I'd love one of those blue dogs with the hair, they are awesome.

Thanks ! The Sammo Hung is an unpainted GID custom by hellopike. And yes, i've added eyes to it :shock: :twisted: :D

Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:36 am

Rearranging some shelves at the moment.. so far it's taken two days (outside of 10 hour days at work). Tougher than I thought it would be!

Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:46 am

^ nice looking garden!

Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:58 am

I like! Good fits and colors.

Sun May 17, 2015 10:25 pm

Mon May 18, 2015 12:26 pm

I only have two shelves, but I can't pick a favorite. Image Image

Fri May 22, 2015 8:53 am

Current fav is the most simple.

Fri May 22, 2015 9:16 am

^^^ Really nice!

Tue May 26, 2015 6:01 pm

These are not all my favorites, but I think they are quite a nice looking bunch.

Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:35 am

Right now, this one:

Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:40 am

Congrats bansheebot great shelf, a lot of color and textures! :D

Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:41 am

awesome shelf !!

Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:01 am

Very nice, banshee! Sweet mix~up :)

Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:18 pm

Current favorite setup. I'm really liking the size variation, the tight fit, and that there's only four sculpts present here. Especially loving the new Semi Korosiya pair Adam just released.

Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:25 pm

Diggin' the variation between sculpts and the colors going on on the shelf Robert!

Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:35 pm

Thanks, Drew! There's a lot going on, color wise, but for some reason I don't find any of it distracting from each figure.

Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:30 pm

bansheebot wrote:Right now, this one:

I always love seeing groups of your collection Jason, you have such a knack for making very different toys all seem cohesive due to your color selection. That second GID Ikapokkun is something of a sore thumb though don't you think? ;)

Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:47 pm

xSuicide Squadx wrote:Thanks, Drew! There's a lot going on, color wise, but for some reason I don't find any of it distracting from each figure.

Placement precision!

Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:04 am

I have to echo Yuck's comments Jason. That is one beautiful looking shelf. The colour and variety make all your toys so appealing, even if individually one or two are not things that would jump out right away for me for my own tastes - together I can't resist any. :) Your collection shots (and of course the toys that you have) are always some of the best you get to see on SB. I really appreciate you sharing them. You can really tell that you buy what you like.

There is too much goodness in that single shelf there to highlight any one or two figures, so I will just ask, what is the naked dude being held up by the Dempagon? He definitely looks interesting and I don't immediately recognise him. In any case, giant thumbs on the vinyl family, and keep up the superb collecting!

Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:12 am

^^^ That naked dude was made by Kaiju Taro back when as a mascot style figure, I believe of the owner as pictured on the "Shut up and Kaiju" stickers they used to include with orders. You might remember it being the "odd" figure included with the blank mini Galtan necklaces that all came hanging from an old vintage style card. Anyway he used to be called "Kaita no Ossan" and only had a few sparse releases, but Banshee's version and a few others have very recently been produced by maker Tonite as King of Kink, which is a series it seems and each version has a different name, that one is "Taro The Immortal". He's pretty neat, where the chain attaches is sculpted to look like his skin is stretched out like he is actually suspending from a hole in his back.

http://www.tonite.jp/

Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:00 pm

small guys, lots of odds and ends and weirdos.

Post a reply