ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Here is your chance to impress your internet friends
Post a reply

Re: Favorite shelf

Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:26 pm

plastichunter wrote:Some really amazing collections here. The hodge podge shelf just blows me away!
Here's the current arrangement on my work desk.

this reminds me of my aunt's house...she had colored glass bottles in the windows..I always thought it looked cool

Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:28 pm

jcrazy wrote:
OMG! where did you find this? is it 1/1?

YES! its a prototype from the bemon flyer

Seriously though those with open shelves while they look great, are you concerned about dust settling into the vinyl?

Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:00 pm

Great thread with even better pictures...

Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:08 pm

wow. some amazing collection shots here! lot of intimidating shelving units!

kontact wrote:Seriously though those with open shelves while they look great, are you concerned about dust settling into the vinyl?

i've always wondered the same thing. my OCD doesn't like dust (neither does my laziness).

Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:41 pm

dust can settle into the vinyl?! :shock:

bert- not sure if those are from ikea, but the do have some nice looking shelves from their Lack line
we got bought some, but we were not allowed to punch big holes in our apartment.

Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:56 pm

kontact wrote:Seriously though those with open shelves while they look great, are you concerned about dust settling into the vinyl?

I dust every weekend, I'm not really concerned. Not only do I gently brush them with soft cloth, I use canned air and blast all the little nooks. Doesn't look like there's any settled dust to me.

Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:09 pm

BloodDrinker6969 wrote:

I dust every weekend, I'm not really concerned. Not only do I gently brush them with soft cloth, I use canned air and blast all the little nooks. Doesn't look like there's any settled dust to me.

Well assuming not everyone is OCD like you, me, and others haha. I especially notice it on matte vinyl when not dusted for a while, also noticed it in a few "used" toys I have bought from others, usually 2005 figures.

Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:10 pm

BloodDrinker6969 wrote:

just reading out this makes me feel lazy. :P
I do like the idea of using canned air.

When my collection was a lot smaller, dusting was cool--but after how my collection grew over the last year, I just don't have the time/patience anymore. And when I got my set-up just right, I hated having to take it all down just a week or so later. It never turned out the same.

Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:12 pm

Yea, I use canned air to do my quick dusting.
But that really doesn't count as dusting as you're just spreading it somewhere else.

Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:17 pm

Joe wrote:Yea, I use canned air to do my quick dusting.
But that really doesn't count as dusting as you're just spreading it somewhere else.

Yeah, off my toy. :lol:

Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:19 pm

Joe wrote:Damn, some of these shelves are packing heat.
I always love looking at this shelf the most.

The "holiday" mini zag rules!

Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:00 pm

Added a few more since this was taken and a few more waiting at the post office:

Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:24 pm

My favorite shelf:

Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:04 am

^FUN shelf!!!

The three Obake Dogs holding Madballs in the front are a nice touch.

Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:52 am

2 favorites:

Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:30 am

Backtrack, those shelves kick ass ! Stunning !

Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:14 am

Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:20 am

damn, that bakos slays. that be a custom, right? not up on my bakos knowledge....

Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:21 am

silver_lining_man wrote:damn, that bakos slays. that be a custom, right? not up on my bakos knowledge....

Its by koji :D
I will soon have your custom zag next to my PK one!!!

Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:01 pm

you guys shelves really make my collection feel inadequate but here is my favorite one
and yes my king ken is wearing a rope gold chain

Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:28 pm

plover wrote:The hodge podge shelf -

:shock: There's some seriously nice stuff on that shelf!

Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:38 pm

ElvisFromHell wrote:
plover wrote:The hodge podge shelf -

:shock: There's some seriously nice stuff on that shelf!

if a photo has the ability to kick me in the nuts, this one just did.
and the shelf behind it ain't no slouch either.

Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:48 pm

Chuck wrote:My favorite shelf:

My favorite shelf too!

Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:42 pm

my favorite has to be the Pus stuff... still missing a bronze kvp :(
Last edited by rhinomilk on Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:46 pm

DAMNNNNNNNN!!! *drool*
rhinomilk wrote:my favorite has to be the Pus stuff... still missing a bronze kvp :(
Post a reply