ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Here is your chance to impress your internet friends
Post a reply

Re: Bear Model

Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:35 am

kurumonz wrote:Phew! Finally after 11 years my grail is in my hands! The regular version of Bear Model's giant Ultraman.

toothaction wrote:Dear lord, Choon! Must you live half a world away? Having either of those big boys around the house would make my days and nights a living dream. Well hunted, sir!

Few toys could diminish my enthusiasm for Buta and M1's takes on the hero, but here we are.
kurumonz wrote:Thanks David. I know Paul and Mike owns them too. Three misses over 11 years! This proved to be a tough one.
Had a hard time finding a spot to shoot. Managed this one by the shoe cabinet, had to duck under the dining table. Sigh, what we do for toys.
Ultra999 wrote::shock: this is one of those times when a mere emoticon fails. the buta ultraman looks practically micro. congratulations on a successful 11-year hunt! well worth the gray hairs it certainly caused. what a tremendous toy.
^ and the M1 looks halfway to a MOTU in comparison!
Last edited by toothaction on Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:39 am

the funny part is that all three have the same size chest timers, not proportionally larger on the giants. or vice versa.

Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:50 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: i thought the chest timer was small but didn't realize they were almost identical in size!

Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:51 am

These giant Ultramen are SO amazing. Never saw one before.
So glad you were able to get them and post a picture for the rest of us to see what we are missing. Wow - just wow

Thanks Choon :mrgreen:

Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:06 pm

Hey Choon - any chance of getting a pic of your grey giant alongside your similarly epic Zarab? Toss the science briefcase in there, too, and my jelly will surely turn to crystal!

Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:00 pm

Fantastic score Choon!! Well deserved and earned after those 11 years of searching. I know exactly how that is, from my own hunt for the elusive GID version of the same. Having both though, wow. As Bill said, no emoticon can capture how lovely those toys are and how much we are in admiration of them (and your collection!).

Taking a good photo of immense toys like this is quite a challenge, but you did a great job. And it is nice that the Bearmodel giants stand easily on their own, unlike the comparatively narrow M1s. Love the comparison shots with Buta and M1. Really, really nice toy Choon. David and I will be booking out tickets soon. :)

Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:42 pm

Thanks! I'm glad you guys love it.

David, the BM Zarab is only barely up to the giant's hip. Hey I wouldn't mind a 28" Zarab or Dada!

Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:05 am

I stumbled across pictures of the blue Big O by bearmodel online about a year or so ago. Since then i've been looking to get information on the figure and the toy itself, I watched the show when I was younger. I'm happy to say that after a good amount of searching I found the black version, (thanks to a friendly heads up!). Will have to take better pictures, but these will do for now!

I know its an ~07 release? somewhere there? Any more info?

Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:08 am

sweet!

Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:01 pm

Did you pick it up from mandarake? By the time I saw it, it was already sold out.

Grats!

Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:16 pm

gatiio wrote:Did you pick it up from mandarake? By the time I saw it, it was already sold out.

Grats!

That's correct! I was fortunate a board member pointed him out to me, which I very much appreciate.

Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:22 am

Great pick up. How tall is he?

Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:12 pm

organic_addict wrote:Great pick up. How tall is he?

I was a bit surprised, he's about 9 inches tall.

Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:20 pm

nice score

Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:54 pm

I was finally able to reunite the last of the Sokko 2-packs - After many a year, Big Fire is set to take over!
BearModel Bear Model BareModel Ganga ガンガー "Giant Claw" "Iron Claw" Claw "Giant Robo" Giant Robo "Johnny Sokko" Johnny Sokko ジャイアントロボ

Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:06 pm

Care for the rear-view? viewtopic.php?p=831965#p831965
BearModel Bear Model BareModel "Giant Robo" "Johnny Sokko" ジャイアントロボ Ikagerasu Ikageras Scaleon "Double Head" イカゲラス Sparki Sparky Tentaclon スパーキー Dakolar Dracolon Draculon Dakora ダコラ Globar Nucleon Radion: Clover Glover クローバー Unbalan: Amberon Anbaran アンバラン Gangar Ganga "Giant Claw" "Iron Claw" Claw ガンガー Lygon Tyrox, Ligon Lagorian ライゴン Draculan "Count Draculan" ドラキュラン GR-2 GR2 Torozon "Satan Rose" "Gargoyle Vine" サタンローズ

Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:46 am

Nice photos!

i'm 4 down, 6 to go on those . . .

Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:46 am

toothaction wrote:Image

Congrats & great pic. It's so rare to see shots of complete sets from a series.

Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:34 am

A better shot of this guy. From what I understand they all come with this strange lean. :lol:

Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:16 am

Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:26 pm

Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:43 pm

^ Almighty Aaron! Hide your snacks, he's a midnight creeper.

Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:50 pm

Ha, I'll leave food out for him. happy to finally get this guy!

Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:58 am

• チビラくん Diaries:

"We ran into this total dick at the medical supply store today."

"He kept following us around."

"Still, he was way funnier than Charlie..."

"That kid didn't have anything to say. Must've gotten into the ether.

Where the heck is that story thread that pickleloaf used to do?
ベアモデル Bearmodel Baremodel "Bear Model" Bear Model
チビラくん Chibira-Kun Chibirakun Chibira
ポチポチ PochiPochi Pochi Getdata
ぬっぺっぽう Nuppeppo
"NOT Noppero-bo" Yokai Tsuburaya Daiei
Skeleton

Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:11 pm

Post a reply