ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Here is your chance to impress your internet friends
Post a reply

Re: Anraku Photos!

Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:27 pm

You ought to make a mold and pour white chocolate into them to make chocolate toys :D

Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:51 am

My wife made ​​a vest and a fig leaf for drunk boy!
Looks so good!! 8)

Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:23 am

Holy crap! Close to ten grand!

Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:32 am

Hmphf! :shock: I was watching that! So the minimum was finally met?! Any idea why the ransom fee was so high? The translation said "gold paint", but was this a special version?

Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:36 am

Gold plated of course, with the blood and tears of the hundreds who failed to make the list :lol:

Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:41 am

Well even if there was REAL gold dust added to the paint, it would be hard to justify the price tag :roll:

Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:51 am

Did someone take that "photo" with a scanner??

Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:51 am

Mr. Humphreys wrote:Well even if there was REAL gold dust added to the paint, it would be hard to justify the price tag :roll:

I don't think it has anything to do with the gold. Some people have deep pockets...God...I want a bank account full of fuck-off money.

Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:53 am

TiredChildren wrote:Did someone take that "photo" with a scanner??

Maybe, but I have no idea. Here's the rest of the auction pics.

ImageImage

Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:54 am

There was also a painted Nue/Cambodia. I have the pics but can't upload them for a while and I didn't watch the auction.

Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:55 am

Someone told me yesterday, that the person who painted the mural in the Google lobby of the Mountain View, CA campus, was paid in Google stocks, which is now worth 8 million dollars today :shock: . Not sure if that is a true story, but yes, with that sort of money, a Goga would be bus fare :lol:

P.S. I thought the feet were cute, but I couldn't/wouldn't shell out that many clams :oops:

Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:56 am

That price is just asinine. A great Goga, but really? 10 grand? You could set yourself up with a nice Anraku COLLECTION for that much. I am sometimes guilty of overpaying for toys, but that is insane.

Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:58 am

David would probably let me buy up his entire Buta collection with that sort of moolah, or just think of the wonderful vintage toys you could ingest at that price :shock:
P.S. at the risk of being redundant, you could probably have this instead...
...hope springs eternal :wink:

Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:20 am

^That pic is fantastic fodder for digital wallpaper.

Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:24 am

Send me your email, and I'll send the digital file to you :wink:

Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:29 am

ImageImage

Glad I didn't even try for this. It ended at close to 7 grand and I really just want Ed's Nue anyway.
Last edited by phantomfauna on Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:58 pm

The reserve for the Goga was 1M Yen. The highest bid was 350,000 Yen. The reserve was not met. It sure looks like his "pictures" are done on a scanner.

Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:11 pm

Is that painted one BY AA or just some fan custom?

Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:17 pm

phantomfauna wrote:
TiredChildren wrote:Did someone take that "photo" with a scanner??

Maybe, but I have no idea. Here's the rest of the auction pics.

ImageImage

10 grand? wow. maybe now he can buy himself a better camera.

Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:38 pm

BloodDrinker6969 wrote:Is that painted one BY AA or just some fan custom?

I was wondering the same thing. I thought the line work on the legs looked a bit sloppy compared to older Cambodia/Nues. But with those prices I would hope the man himself is painting it. The Goga sure looks legit, even with those crappy scanner pics.

Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:04 pm

Mark K wrote:The reserve for the Goga was 1M Yen. The highest bid was 350,000 Yen. The reserve was not met. It sure looks like his "pictures" are done on a scanner.

This!
None of the pieces sold, yet.
Apart from the goga with quite a crazy genuine top bid of 350k coming from overseas, the rest have modest top bids by 'rare' AA standards.
I don't know if the man still paint it himself but these are from the AA brand alright.
This is probably a price guaging exercise for deals and projects discussed offline hence the relatively sane top bids are good signs.

Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:27 pm

1/1 Goga. Wha do the run of 6 look like, I don't think I've seen any pics yet.
ImageImageImageImage

Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:44 pm

BloodDrinker6969 wrote:1/1 Goga. Wha do the run of 6 look like, I don't think I've seen any pics yet.

is this your?

Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:14 pm

BloodDrinker6969 wrote:1/1 Goga. Wha do the run of 6 look like, I don't think I've seen any pics yet.
ImageImageImageImage

Goga boner :shock:

Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:02 am

Thanks for posting some more pics Jeff. I would guess the run of six is the Goga from the YJA. I didn't get a email so I can only guess.
Post a reply