ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Here is your chance to impress your internet friends
Post a reply

Re: Mo' Buta

Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:18 pm

PlasticHunter, alright, just go and stab me in the heart! :shock:
What an amazing box! Congrats! Lots of nice treasures there. I've never seen a Butanohana book. Would you mind posting a few pics of the book? :oops:

I think this is one of my fav threads! :P

Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:23 pm

Wow, nice haul PH.

Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:42 pm

I had been waiting a while for this stash. It started out as just a couple of figures, then there were some pre-orders, which held things up a bit, then there were some older items that got "found" again. The box kept growing and growing. I was freaked that all these were coming in the same shipment. Now that they are here I couldn't be more happy. I am now a total dyed-in-the-wool Butahead. The little book was a surprise to me. It is twelve pages (wish I could read it.) I will take pictures and post them soon.

Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:52 pm

anybody got decent pics of the Birdons?

Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:38 pm

every hold box is so much better than getting 6 different boxes :D

Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:24 pm

OK here's the booklet in it's entirety. Twelve pages. It reads left to right , top to bottom.
ImageImage Image
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:12 pm

Awesome! Thanks for the scan, PH!

Love that Zarab in your box!

Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:30 pm

kurumonz wrote:Awesome! Thanks for the scan, PH!

Love that Zarab in your box!

The Zarab is a set that comes with this little mini Zarab that sits atop a tiny spaceship. The bottom of the flying saucer/space ship where you would normally sit the toy down has a spiky protrusion which makes it look like a spinning top? Then I noticed there is a small cardboard cutout construction piece that folds into a platform/base for the pointy-bottomed mini. Strange!

Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:03 am

love the book artwork. nice scores plastichunter!

Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:25 pm

Slack wrote:the Buta Woo is so awesome I'm anxious for some more colors

I think its an almost certainty that we'll see some more colorways Joe..

Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:45 pm

:lol: The book is great for the artwork alone! Angry monkey attacks with Bare-Ass'd Gas Attack!
ImageImage
Squidy Guy looks none too pleased!

Great toys too! Wow.

Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:54 pm

ERGH!!! I'm positively green now! :P Thank you so much for posting the pics of the book PlasticHunter. Congrats! That is indeed an item in your collection to be admired and envied. The characters look very cute and adorable. Like you, I just wish I knew what the story was about! :D Most excellent! :o

plastichunter wrote:OK here's the booklet in it's entirety. Twelve pages. It reads left to right , top to bottom.
ImageImage Image
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:03 am

I love butanohana's artwork, it really added to the the show he did not to long ago adorning the walls as a sort of backdrop to the toys he had on display. That's my goal; to have a full shelf of his toys and have behind them a wall chock full of his great artwork!

Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:06 am

bethrazuul wrote:I love butanohana's artwork, it really added to the the show he did not to long ago adorning the walls as a sort of backdrop to the toys he had on display. That's my goal; to have a full shelf of his toys and have behind them a wall chock full of his great artwork!

That's a good goal. :D

Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:18 pm

That's a really good goal. Not to derail the thread but I wonder what's next for Butanohana? Personally I'd like to see any of these characters made into Buta minis:
Gaira & Sanda
Hedorah
Matango
Zazahn

Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:20 pm

Lixx wrote:That's a really good goal. Not to derail the thread but I wonder what's next for Butanohana? Personally I'd like to see any of these characters made into Buta minis:
Gaira & Sanda
Hedorah
Matango
Zazahn

Good suggestions but I WANT this!

Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:31 pm

Joe wrote:
Lixx wrote:That's a really good goal. Not to derail the thread but I wonder what's next for Butanohana? Personally I'd like to see any of these characters made into Buta minis:
Gaira & Sanda
Hedorah
Matango
Zazahn

Good suggestions but I WANT this!

Ditto on Booska! I also think those creepy children to the right of this pic, and whatever that thing is with the black hair next to the guy with the glasses and red king are pretty cool. Looks like Gakinko is next according to the Butanohana blog.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kaiju-taro ... 0487411581

Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:56 pm

Shoot, I'd like to ask for this guy to be made too.
Helmet, scarf, ray gun and all.

Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:55 pm

Slowly expanding my Butanohana collection.
The new Oku Booska is such a great sculpt.
It's a very chunky figure.
Love how she's articulated in her left arm.

Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:03 am

Nicely! And a Dustman too! Congrats Joe, these look fantastic! :shock:

Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:14 am

fantastic pick-ups joe!

Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:18 pm

this is a thread i love coming back to!
that book is awesome!

Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:07 pm

woof! So much goodness! Can hardly wait to see what's next, love those butas!

Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:28 am

kurumonz wrote:Here's Chibull and Woo.
Woo looks down right miserable :lol:

that woo is amazing and has now been added to my want list.

Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:21 am

with the assistance of 2 very helpful boardies, i have now obtained the amazing woo figure. :D
Post a reply