ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Here is your chance to impress your internet friends
Post a reply

Re: Mo' Buta

Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:03 pm

toothaction wrote:Image

NKOTB.
Buta ButaNoHana Pygmon Pigmon Greenmons Postman Zarab Goruba Silver Robo Dust Man Gokinosaurus Gunboy Ultraman Chibira-Kun Spectreman Mobile Suit Gundam

That Dustman is particularly awesome, really like his paint ap.

Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:15 pm

I am simultaneously both lifted and crushed seeing those lovely photos. Congrats on the new Butarrivals, David.

Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:47 pm

Your Dustman is extra creepy David! Got that crazy eyes 1000 yard stare.

Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:26 pm

Great pics D. The new group is top notch and your new old pyggy with tracking balloon is elegant.

Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:55 pm

Elegant, eh?
You know, I think you're right. Never thought about the character that way. Let's say he has a quiet dignity, too. :D

I'm loving the Dustman as well, fellas, but the secret hero of the batch is obviously Greenmons! The '66 crew wins all battles.
Pygmon Pigmon Pigumon

Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:07 pm

Good grief! That's all I can say.

Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:57 am

That's the best looking Greenmons by anyone!

Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:49 pm

Yanked these from a long dead thread. Best Butas?
Enmago Enmargo エンマーゴ Jizo Jizou Jissou 地蔵 Buta ButaNoHana ぶたのはな

Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:58 pm

Well if not, there are definitely some strong contenders for that position on this page alone.

Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:30 am

Dusk monsters.
Buta ButaNoHana ぶたのはな ダストマン "Dust Man" Dustman ゴキノザウルス Gokinosaurus スペクトルマン Spectreman cockroach roach sofubi toys

Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:45 am

Enmago is nothing short of perfection to me. It was THE sculpt (acquired with the help of two very cool boardies I might add) that set me down my path to total Buta insanity.

The colors are perfection too, but if Ohaashi ever does another colorway I'd love to see severed Enmago and Taro head omakes. That would make me poop mah pants.

Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:10 am

I finally remembered I didn't need to order a tier riser I had a few in the attic. I have Butanohana spread throughout my shelves but there is this big concentration of some of my faves on this one. It's always bothered me that I could not see some of their faces as they were jammed into this shelf. I think I corrected it for the most part (Zazahn & Ikarus sort of got screwed):

Pic isn't that good and I tried to be clever and use pixlr-o-matic but you can't even use it unless you sign up etc etc. I went through the process like 3 times and it would not save to my computer.

Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:27 am

Excellent photo man, and superb toy shelf. I love that the SoB fellas have a space next to the choice Butas as well. Blue fists 'n feet on your Kong on something spectacular, and of course, that Hayabusa lady, <mwah>!

Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:45 am

^ lovely and excellent group, Lixx! ~ouch, Jamila got it right in the eye :wink:
toothaction wrote:Yanked these from a long dead thread. Best Butas?
I was thinking that looking at these a couple of days ago! They rule! That New Piggy is an instant favorite, tho...

Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:16 pm

So much goodness on this page!! Chris, your photo really has me thinking I need to hurry up and get my riser situation sorted. Very cramped on my Buta shelf right now and so much of the good stuff is being obscured.

Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:51 pm

The caps from milk gallons and pill bottles can be an invaluable tool in getting those cute little faces to be visible; quite a few of your treasure just need a little boost, Chris.

I love packed shelves but they also drive me crazy --- SO much hidden sculpt and paint! I always try to rig my setups so that at most the booties and claws are hidden. Way easier said than done.

Man, that PK'd gorilla is the tits.

Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:02 pm

I've made some adjustments (Zazahn boost- found another tiny riser, Zarab postman moved), and this is what I was trying to do earlier. I literally had to email this picture to my ipad and use the pixlr-o-matic mobile app to make this happen. Apparently OS X 10.6.8 won't allow saving anymore even if you have the actual application on your computer. Such a joke. Anyhow I like the old time pic look....

Jamila still is getting punched in the eye. I guess this is my double or nothing shelf for I have 5 characters with another colorway sitting next to him.

Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:50 pm

So much goodness on the same shelf. Great shot!

Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:13 pm

Great looking shelf Chris. A lot of goodies I would love to have in my collection.

Was taking some photos tonight. Need to improve the lighting and take the picture over. But this is what I have for now.

Yamakatsu Mechanikong and Butanohana Gorilla from Go! Greenman.

Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:59 pm

Lovely! That is a perfect photo. I can only imagine the balancing act it took, but it was definitely so worth it, just wonderful. It hadn't occurred to me how balanced the Yamakatsu figures are for this scale, but it works excellently with the Greenman ape.

Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:41 pm

Lixx wrote:...It's always bothered me that I could not see some of their faces as they were jammed into this shelf

Nice pic!
i like them jammed pack like in a rush hour tokyo train :)
Where did that kong come from??! I don't recall having this?

Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:55 pm

maxaltoman wrote:Where did that kong come from??! I don't recall having this?
He sent a blank off to PK for some custom ruining. There's a post about it somewhere...

edit: Here, heh, but the pics are dead of course:
http://www.skullbrain.org/bb/viewtopic. ... 74#p632774

Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:02 am

toothaction wrote:
maxaltoman wrote:Where did that kong come from??! I don't recall having this?
He sent a blank off to PK for some custom ruining. There's a post about it somewhere...

edit: Here, heh, but the pics are dead of course:
http://www.skullbrain.org/bb/viewtopic. ... 74#p632774

i see, Thnxs!
But damn, i never realized there were blank gid kongs from GT ! :(
as you know, buta rarely feature gid vinyl. just like black vinyl until recently :D

Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:09 am

^^^
    Grumble Toy Exclusive Dino Set - unpainted (edition of 10):
    Pink GID - Iguanodon, Edomontia, Protoceratops
    Green GID - Giganotosaurus, Corythosaurus, Carnotaurus
    Yellow GID - Placerias, Gorilla, Titanis
    Primitive People Set (painted)

All glowers except the nudists! I've seen customs from Chris, Bwana and PK out there, but I don't know if they came from the sets or if GT received extras to pass around.

maxaltoman wrote:i like them jammed pack like in a rush hour tokyo train :)
http://skullbrain.org/bb/viewtopic.php?p=693219#p693219
http://skullbrain.org/bb/viewtopic.php?p=695618#p695618
:P

Too bad that Peter's pic seems to have evaporated.

Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:33 am

maxaltoman wrote:
Lixx wrote:Where did that kong come from??! I don't recall having this?

Turtletooth was tired of me missing out on Kong auctions (probably more tired of hearing me moan about it actually!) so he sold me a blank GID Kong many years ago. Not being a fan of unpainted vinyl I could think of no one better than PK to give it a nice touch. I've always been a fan of the yellow (or cream colored?) Kong with blue and red highlights so that was the inspiration behind this one. Knowing I could choose any color as it was a custom I thought a vibrant pink with a aqua blue might do it some justice. Paul did a great job and it's exactly how I envisioned it would come out. I dubbed him "Ice Paws" the moment he arrived!

The paint job is so nice I often forget he actually glows.
Post a reply