ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Here is your chance to impress your internet friends
Post a reply

Re: The "What you just got in the Mail" Thread

Sat May 28, 2016 7:11 pm

^^^ love the Canadian hairless!! Snagged one too and It's a fantastic sculpt! Quickly becoming an all time favorite, congrats on your score!

Sun May 29, 2016 10:57 am

Thanks! I love it very much too.

Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:34 pm

Aaaaaaah! Stoked :)

Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:37 pm

Turn out the lights, please, you proud papa, you.

Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:46 pm

All hail the grail, and bask before his luminescence.

Congrats g!!! That is one superb acquisition, and your family is just about the best place he could be adopted into.

Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:49 pm

toothaction wrote:Turn out the lights, please, you proud papa, you.

^Thanks :) a great SBer helped me complete the set.
Here's a glow shot.

Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:35 am

Yasss, been waiting for that shot!

Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:01 am

You said it man. It certainly does make for a wonderful family. :D

Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:46 am

Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:48 am

Sorry for the double post, but got these guys awhile back too!

Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:07 am

^ that chubby Uamou tho! :P

Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:12 am

May toys :
Last edited by deadpute on Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:50 am

fiiiiiinallly! so happy to have this sucker in hand now, a stunning piece!

Can't wait to bust him out of his plastic prison and finally get my Alien(s) display going :)

Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:48 am

Man, I totally missed that Marmit Alien. A bunch of places had it and I didn't pull the trigger fast enough. Looks great.

Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:49 am

Since you are the first fella I have seen that actually has one in hand, I have to ask the question I am sure a lot of us are dying to know. Is there any stamping on the foot or anything telling you the new(er) year or that it is a Medicom toy?

Beautiful acquisition man. It really hurt me not to be able to pick up the entire set of these guys, as I have been hunting the originals for years.

Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:31 pm

^ Oh, Steve... It hurts me, too. The Marmit ALIEN Masterpiece Series was a great chance for collectors to finally score this incredible set. I had to pick up Ripley because she is my sci-fi hero. Her space suit looks amazing! I'm looking forward to have her in hand.

Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:54 pm

These are great! I too have been on the hunt for the original ones though not as a main focus.

I wasn't paying attention when these initially went on preorder but I do hope someone lets them go for me to pick up down the road.

The xenomorph looks killer!!

Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:53 pm

ultrakaiju wrote:Since you are the first fella I have seen that actually has one in hand, I have to ask the question I am sure a lot of us are dying to know. Is there any stamping on the foot or anything telling you the new(er) year or that it is a Medicom toy?

Beautiful acquisition man. It really hurt me not to be able to pick up the entire set of these guys, as I have been hunting the originals for years.

It says Marmit Japan on one foot. The other has a sticker over FOX 2016

Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:43 pm

Thought the reissued Marmit Alien had more of a silver spray to differentiate if from the original release.

Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:29 pm

Very helpful dude in Japan!

Non hyped awesomeness!

Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:43 pm

couple weeks ago this happened :shock:

Image#doggyradio approves of destruction to the killer insect #Alien. Shoot her #Ripley. So glad #medicomtoy released these. I have never come across the original #marmit release. Credit to #HRGiger @medicom_toy #yoshitomonara @michinara3 by Goji Girl, on Flickr

Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:43 pm

IronPaw wrote:It says Marmit Japan on one foot. The other has a sticker over FOX 2016
liquidsky wrote:Thought the reissued Marmit Alien had more of a silver spray to differentiate if from the original release.

Thanks guys, it is good to know these differences we can look for to tell which versions are which (not that it ultimately matters to me, they are all fantastic).

Superb Alien family Linda!! I feel like they really do belong all together, and kind of wish they had been sold as an entire set. Theses are still some of my favourite original toys. They match everything I think you could wish for from a 70s franchise and Japanese vinyl. Wonderful sculpting, interpretation of the characters, and just lovely execution with paint and construction. Whomever was originally in charge of these for Marmit deserves so much kudos for their work. Completely original and outstanding.

Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:54 am

Happy day !

Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:21 am

That's a really nice haul man! I am particularly jealous of that UST Ragon set. I just love me some dioramas, and that one is a delight. Great Sunguts and Hino stuff, too.

Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:16 pm

Thanks Ultrakaiju, I really love the diorama too, by the way I search the blue one to fit with my blue GID unpaint Jirass.
Post a reply