ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 1:35 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19530 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 777, 778, 779, 780, 781, 782  Next
 The "What you just got in the Mail" Thread 
Fresh Meat

Post Re: The "What you just got in the Mail" Thread
Every monday is a Kanegon day :

Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:02 pm
Vintage

Wow man, you are really killing it lately, that is some FANTASTIC box! I love those glowey Kanegons, I don't think I ever noticed that there were three separate version of that fella actually. I think the blue/pink is probably my favourite, but by ever so slight a margin. Looks like you have an impressive BD collection too.

flickr part [2] part [3]

Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:07 pm
Fresh Meat

Thanks Ultrakaiju, for me U.S.TOYS made the best kanegon sculpts in mini, middle or big size, there are awesome. I don't know if there are another GID Kanegon, I saw a creamy white chocolate in the U.S.TOYS trade that I suspect to be GID but not sure. And yes I'm a huge collector of BD/Comics/manga.

Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:53 pm
Side Dealer

gotta love these glow kanegon´s!!!
great finds.

i think there is around four more og glow ones fitting your middle pink one
plus the grenblue one that vombie just showed fotos of
and another lightbluesilver exclusive by yamashiroya toyshop from 2014.

any art or specialized transport in nyc call fritz! ...........want nothing

Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:13 am
Mr. Grumpy™

Fedhai if I lived in France I'd seriously consider a house invasion to steal your new 3 glow Kanegons :wink: lol Seriously though, great score. Love glow, love US Toys, and especially love shampoo sized glow US Toys Kanegon. I have the black vinyl based one you have there and it's one of my favorite toys.

Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:44 am
Profile WWW
Prototype

@Fedhai- Those are beautiful! I've never seen them before. Wow!

Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:00 am
Profile WWW
Side Dealer

Fedhai wrote:
Thanks Ultrakaiju, for me U.S.TOYS made the best kanegon sculpts in mini, middle or big size, there are awesome. I don't know if there are another GID Kanegon, I saw a creamy white chocolate in the U.S.TOYS trade that I suspect to be GID but not sure. And yes I'm a huge collector of BD/Comics/manga.

I've never seen those green and pink /w additional darker pink sprays, but there are at least 4 more reg GID releases (and one blue GID version) of that Kanegon shampoo sculpt, pink, green, yellow, and gold sprayed versions (without the darker pink dots).

Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:48 pm
Fresh Meat

@alifeintoys & Yuck!!! : Thanks for the information, I continue to search the others (I have the orange/green spray and the red/gold and blue spray too).
@Lixx : All my toys are stored in my panic room.

Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:07 pm
Team Tsubu

Lixx wrote:
Fedhai if I lived in France I'd seriously consider a house invasion to steal your new 3 glow Kanegons :wink:
I've been keeping a bottle of chloroform in a cool, dark place for a few years now, as it's only a matter of time before I take a trip to Buffalo. :twisted:

"I think and try to get a monster of flower soft ware toy pig actually, and notice that light unexpectedly."

Flickr one and Flickr two

Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:18 pm
Mr. Grumpy™

Fedhai wrote:
@alifeintoys & Yuck!!! : Thanks for the information, I continue to search the others (I have the orange/green spray and the red/gold and blue spray too).

Smart man! Perfect place for toys- panic room. Let's see a group shot of all the US Toys Kanegons together when you get a chance? I concur with Chase never have seen the green or pink glow with dark pink spots. I've seen a different pink glow and a similar green glow but not with those extra sprays. Have you seen Z's old pic of his US Toys Kanegon collection? Off the charts, too bad he doesn't post anymore. Has/had an insane collection (of all sorts of toys):

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=14574&hilit=kanegon

toothaction wrote:
Lixx wrote:
Fedhai if I lived in France I'd seriously consider a house invasion to steal your new 3 glow Kanegons :wink:
I've been keeping a bottle of chloroform in a cool, dark place for a few years now, as it's only a matter of time before I take a trip to Buffalo. :twisted:

Ha I'm immune to chloroform and quite evasive! Also you might have a bit of trouble getting past Kim's elaborate security set up which has 8 motion sensor cameras, motion detection lights, and a small arsenal! Nothing worth claiming from me anyhow is there?- I don't collect the hypezzzzzzzzzz instagram fodder toys.

Last edited by Lixx on Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:33 pm
Profile WWW
Team Tsubu

^ All I want, really, is an hour of uninterrupted playtime on the carpet with your T-28 and the spaceman. Preferably we'd both be awake for it, at least until the Moscow Mules demand a disco nap.

"I think and try to get a monster of flower soft ware toy pig actually, and notice that light unexpectedly."

Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:43 pm
Mr. Grumpy™

toothaction wrote:
^ All I want, really, is an hour of uninterrupted playtime on the carpet with your T-28 and the spaceman. Preferably we'd both be awake for it, at least until the Moscow Mules demand a disco nap.

LOL the big boys huh? I think Kim has forbid me to drink for a little bit after the rum incident two weeks ago. 9 years of not having to pray to the porcelin gods down the tubes (literally). Remember kids when you're feeling good from the sauce let that shit ride, don't try to outdo your own fuzzy buzz by adding a few more to mix. Pacing is everything.

Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:47 pm
Profile WWW
Vintage

You say that like there would be people one, who are reading this with comprehension skills, and two, actually take advice here to heart; two things this board has proven time and again is highly unlikely. In other words, those who know do, the rest, seem to insist on learning for themselves. :P All that being said, David's plan has a distinct ring of genius to it, and I have a feeling we might just be able to come up with a Kim-satisfying bargain to aid in this plan.

flickr part [2] part [3]

Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:52 pm
Mr. Grumpy™

ultrakaiju wrote:
All that being said, David's plan has a distinct ring of genius to it, and I have a feeling we might just be able to come up with a Kim-satisfying bargain to aid in this plan.

Kim would gladly let you guys take the toys out of the house permanently and while you were at it- take this Chris character out of here as well. :lol:

Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:13 pm
Profile WWW
Addicted

bansheebot wrote:
A short little story about this guy: I came across him in Tim Plover's (I think) collection photos back when I first got into sofubi and fell in love with the sculpt / character design. He sat on my wants list for probably 6-7+ years with no luck, and I wound up just removing him from it at some point. I figured I'd give up since a) I actively try to not collect licensed kaiju, and b) I'll never find him anyway. The kind soul who got this toy into my hands saw it for sale and snatched it up, but couldn't remember who was looking for it. They happened to be clearing out their PMs and came across one of mine from 2014, where I must have brought it up, and here we are.

Thanks a lot, guys. The feeling of finally crossing a bigtime want off of my list has come a few times in recent months, and I am very thankful for that. But there's more to it than just that for me -- The sense of camaraderie, one collector truly looking out for another, when stuff like this happens, makes collecting all the more enjoyable.

Also, the art on the header card is so boss:

Just wanted to share how stoked I am that you found this guy and also how awesome Tim is.

His collection pics were the reason I got so much into Butanohana and thanks to him, I was able to add a bunch of grails to my collection. He's one of the biggest examples of bringing the sense of camaraderie you mentioned to this board.

Congrats for adding that awesome weirdo to your collection!

Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:04 am
Vintage

Hey, I feel like I haven't seen you around here in a long while CH! :D Welcome back.

^^ this is so true. We could probably just start a plover appreciation thread with all the good folks he has inspired and helped out among this community.

flickr part [2] part [3]

Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:12 am
Addicted

Thanks man! I've been trying to take breaks from the board, but still lurk a lot. The exchange rate has not been very kind to my collecting habits! :D

Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:17 am
Vintage

I know the feeling man. My collecting has totally been put on the backburner with the dollar tanking this year and already very shakey to nonexistent finances. And I have pulled back and taken breaks from the board too (it is just so damned tempting!!!) But I still enjoy comin' here and looking at photos people are sharing; even if it does breed some intense toy jealousy at times. Anyways, great to see you posting, and don't stay away too long the next time.

flickr part [2] part [3]

Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:26 am
Fresh Meat

Lixx wrote:
Fedhai wrote:

Smart man! Perfect place for toys- panic room. Let's see a group shot of all the US Toys Kanegons together when you get a chance? I concur with Chase never have seen the green or pink glow with dark pink spots. I've seen a different pink glow and a similar green glow but not with those extra sprays. Have you seen Z's old pic of his US Toys Kanegon collection? Off the charts, too bad he doesn't post anymore. Has/had an insane collection (of all sorts of toys):

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=14574&hilit=kanegon

That's an insane kanegon collection, I dont know there are so much variant colors and the picture was posted there are 9 years ago. I have a red/gold spray which is not in the picture and there are other colors which are not on the picture too (bronze and silver at least). Thanks for sharing this.

Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:39 am
Side Dealer

Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:40 pm
Profile WWW
Line of Credit

I can't even adequately state how gorgeous I find this release. Don't get wrong, I VERY much love all of Adam's sprays, but this one screams elegance to me. Bravo, Adam. Bravo!

Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:27 am
Side Dealer

Paging Mr. Humphreys... Paging Mr. Humphreys... Paging Mr. Humphreys...

instant collection!!! :D :D :D
Thank you, dearest divine Toy Angel! :P :P :P
(at work right now, so I can't open it yet, although the hoards wanna know, "what's inside!?!" :x :x :x )

Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:08 pm
Fresh Meat

oOOoOOooO WHAT'S IN THE BOX?! :mrgreen:

Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:41 pm
Fresh Meat

In the mail today (sorry for the ugly picture) :

And the team released from bags, they seem enjoy their new home :

Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:27 pm
Team Tsubu

^ Bags are the enemy of fun; good job!

Great gang, man. Keep it up.

Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:44 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19530 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 777, 778, 779, 780, 781, 782  Next