ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Here is your chance to impress your internet friends
Post a reply

Re: No reason whatsoever

Fri May 20, 2016 2:13 am

reminder:
Mr. Humphreys wrote:
rattanicus wrote:Looks beautiful! Tiger better cover his noggin...

I kind of see it as him holding up his hands signalling to his eagle(?) buddy, who is swooping down to take him on his back and head off together on an adventure. :)

Fri May 20, 2016 5:18 pm

Nice shot Grace, awesome background! :)

Fri May 20, 2016 5:46 pm

Thank you! :D The graphics were free, and from Visipix. You can go to the actual URL and download the Hiroshige lithograph of the eagle print yourself, and make your own stuff, custom sized :P . Go to the "Whatever" section, and see my topic for free graphics and fonts. The URL is a sample link I cited. There are so many beautiful Japanese print files as public domain. Have fun!

Sat May 21, 2016 10:02 am

Mr. Humphreys wrote:Thank you! :D The graphics were free, and from Visipix. You can go to the actual URL and download the Hiroshige lithograph of the eagle print yourself, and make your own stuff, custom sized :P . Go to the "Whatever" section, and see my topic for free graphics and fonts. The URL is a sample link I cited. There are so many beautiful Japanese print files as public domain. Have fun!

Thanks for the tip! :wink:

Sat May 21, 2016 10:35 am

SaintOfSpinners wrote:Image

Which one did you get? I'm sad I missed this great release

Sat May 21, 2016 12:17 pm

Shelf whim.
grodyshogun bearmodel owltoy Ultraman ウルトラマン monster pigmon ピグモン otus owl Tsuburaya 怪獣 kaiju ソフビ sofubi sofvi custom bootleg glitter finger puppet #toy #toystagram #toycollection

Sat May 21, 2016 1:54 pm

Oh, wasn't that your custom from [not so] way back in the early GS days? I am sure you must have posted a few pics of him in the past, but I guess I just like him so much it comes as a great surprise to make me smile every time! :) I do so like it, and an inspired choice, sir. I wish we could have seen more of these customs tbh, but I feel like a lot of them disappeared into collections never to be brought to SB's inner light. But anyways, digressions. You've got a real winner there D. You have earned my suberb subtle nod of approval.

Sat May 21, 2016 8:45 pm

Love it! :o

Sat May 21, 2016 8:50 pm

You called it, pH - he's my guy from the Create Your Own funsies from waaaaay back. Here he is with some friends, before they took that flight to Arizona:
And yes, you've expressed a certain appreciation for him before:
In December of 2012, ultrakaiju wrote:That Ultraman is kickASSSSSS. :o You are a luck sonofagun David.
:D :D :D

Sun May 22, 2016 2:39 am

The create-your-own monster still sticks in my mind vividly. One of the best projects, and complete fan-service to all those GS fans out there. Like you, I long to see all the various designs we never got to see yet. I think the inevitable delays with a custom project of this massive scale put it out of people's minds, which is a shame. But I will forever love that Ultra David, and I will continue to profess my love from across the rooftops. I will not be silenced!!!

Tue May 31, 2016 8:56 pm

Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:43 am

Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:58 pm

Oh weird! Just did a double take on your photo. Is that really a 3-eyed toy, or Photoshop? :shock:

Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:42 pm

Photoshop

Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:11 pm

^ Love it!
Black & Blue:

Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:58 pm

Is that a pile of roadside tar & asphalt? Nuts man.

Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:06 pm

Ha, yeah that pile of asphalt has all cured sitting there in a lot, so the whole thing is one big clump! Goji didn't like it, he couldn't dig around...

Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:16 pm

Responsible roadworks, you got to love it. Still, I guess ultimately it ended up working for a nice photo, Goji on the lava flow from his island volcano.

Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:07 pm

Hey SBers, hope all is well. I have been busy with school, I hope you are all getting on well without me ;) I had some pms come from out of the woodwork recently, and figured since I was checking in I should post these pics I've been meaning to, which were the last toy shots I have had the opportunity to take (I am living away from my collection atm). Last term a cognitive neuroscience course I took interestingly had an open ended extra credit art project. I decided to do a toy arrangement inspired by the themes of the class. I don't think my professor really "got it", but I got my points so I suppose that's what matters :)

Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:36 pm

I feel all damp in my no-no zone.

Great to see you, Chase! Thanks for stopping by.

Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:38 pm

Dang! Awesome shots and a beautiful arrangement :o

Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:12 pm

So happy to have you back, and posting! I know well the school preoccupations.

Superb glowie family, as always Chase. You pictures never disappoint. Love the Sunguts gorilla, always was hunting that fella. My standout from the lineup is Goro takin' 'er easy on his side. Oh that silly monkey! :) Love the project idea man, thanks!

Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:34 am

^^ As always, quality toy line-up! Nice and varied.

Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:10 pm

YOGA!!!

Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:18 pm

Post a reply