ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Here is your chance to impress your internet friends
Post a reply

Re: Traveling with your toys

Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:39 pm

I am always worried about toy damage when traveling too, not to mention I usually try to have toy related vacations,
I need to pick up a random bandai godzilla to lug around like when I was a kid, considering you can buy those at the corner drugstore I have just been waiting to see if a hedorah shows up, my 1st godzilla I used to lug around and his tail was shaped like sherlock holmes pipe so I would pull of his tail and go solve mysteries with goji, would have been nice to know how toxic vinyl is but hey I guess I am just the mad hatter of vinyl

Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:21 pm

Don't any of you who worry about damage have a toy that you love that is inexpensive and meant just for fun? If not, buy one or buy an extra next time just for that purpose. Enjoy your toy(s) before 2012 takes them away, if you believe that sort of thing.

Great pics, by the way. I have some too, but I'll have to look for them. Haven't taken any new toy travel photos in a while.

Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:26 pm

uberboy wrote:Ghidorah, Gizmo and the Apocalypse Parade check out Teotihuacan.

Hey Uberboy! You where in Mexico! Should've gave me a call! Not a lot of people here to share the love for vinyl and japanese toys! Nice pics anyways.

Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:52 pm

One of the crapiest "sight" on earth !

this means about one hour 'till home :D

Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:31 pm

^ sweet, Le Madrid
so much childhood memories

Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:46 pm

side.g wrote:^ sweet, Le Madrid
so much childhood memories

Yeah - I try to stop any time I can to catch Normand Lamour's van to buy some of is hundreds of homemade CD but he's never there for me :evil:

Check him out guys, he's kind of our Wesley Willis
http://www.myspace.com/normandlamour

Fri May 07, 2010 6:43 am

I brought a few with me while traveling around this Golden Week.

First, I brought along RxH's new Nemuri Neko to Nikko

It was impossible to get the original and RxH's both in focus at the same time, but here they both are

And, of course, for writing wishes

Hare-hare came along with us to see the Kamakura Daibutsu

Daiougusokumushi made an appearance at a Yokohama arcade, too

Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:38 am

zag x arc de triomphe...

Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:36 pm

We had plan to go to NYC but it was to damn hot. We went way up north instead to see some whales.

Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:52 pm

I went on a road trip this summer and brought Hollis Price with me to document the trip.

Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:59 pm

That monkeys got a huge dick!

Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:12 pm

Ghost&Flower wrote:That monkeys got a huge dick!

he's never seen an unpainted black hollis before.

Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:14 pm

treblekicker wrote:
Ghost&Flower wrote:That monkeys got a huge dick!

he's never seen an unpainted black hollis before.

It obviously got him excited.

Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:14 pm

Took this handsome little guy to the beach

Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:55 pm

First day in Sao Paulo - this place is CRAZY !!

(And stupid American Eagle lost all our luggages ..)

Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:15 pm

ah, great thread. i like going places with a light toy or two. sometimes, they're more at home in the different setting. like this, which i'm still amazed was a place where i ever stood.

Mountain Zagoran by ΛstroNate, on Flickr

Wed May 04, 2011 2:41 pm

Japan's square, Curitiba par nefasth, sur Flickr

Wed May 04, 2011 3:20 pm

Cuteness alert! That is so adorable Nefasth :P . Pardon my ignorance, but can you please tell me what toy is that and who makes it (more importantly, can I still adopt one of these? :wink: )

Wed May 04, 2011 7:15 pm

Mr. Humphreys wrote:Cuteness alert! That is so adorable Nefasth :P . Pardon my ignorance, but can you please tell me what toy is that and who makes it (more importantly, can I still adopt one of these? :wink: )

Dehara's Jizo. They can be found at the link below.
http://www.lulubelltoys.com/index.php?target=products&mode=search&subcats=Y&type=extended&avail=Y&pshort=Y&pfull=Y&pname=Y&pkeywords=Y&cid=0&q=jizo&x=10&y=10

Wed May 04, 2011 7:18 pm

Thank you Zackariah! :P I'll definitely adopt one of these cuties. The baby blue one looks great!

Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:12 pm

Cap Henlopen state park

Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:44 pm

Great pic. Those cacti are a perfect match.

Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:33 pm

Some more traveling in Mexico photos. Went trekking up the Tepozteco trail... Or pepy's adventures in Tepoztlán.
A bit pic heavy! Sorry!

For this next photo, no offense meant for any catholic/christians, just meant to take a different photo...

BTW poor little Peppy, his lip was chipped somewhere along the trip :x

Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:41 pm

^^^ Great photos! The look on Mr. Coatimundi's face is ABSOLUTELY priceless! :P (can't stop laughing here! :lol: )

Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:48 pm

:lol: It was so hard to take that photo!! Tried to trick the coatis to come for the photo and at one moments I had like 10 trying to climb up my legs into my bag because they thought I had food!! :lol: This was my second try, and with the previous experience I managed to lure two or three with the sound of Pepy's bag and this one came very close to see what was going on... wasn't very happy to find Mr. Japanese vinyl there. :lol:
I took tons of photos. Only one good one.

Mr. Humphreys wrote:^^^ Great photos! The look on Mr. Coatimundi's face is ABSOLUTELY priceless! :P (can't stop laughing here! :lol: )
Post a reply