ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 9:13 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 236 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 Have the guts...to show your love for... SUNGUTS! 
Fresh Meat

Post Re: Have the guts...to show your love for... SUNGUTS!
The Moog wrote:
^^ Love the milky vinyl and pink paint versions on the far right . . . that collection looks complete to me.
Is that all the releases so far?

I know at least 3 other versions :

These two :

And Sunguts just released this version at 2 festivals (Asakusa and Ikebukuro) and at least one pop-up store :

It's a very limited version inspired by the russian blue cat :

I'm trying to grab one at http://kaijublue-shop.jp/, they have some but there are not on the website you have to contact them. But it's really hard to converse and make the transaction in credit card. They don't really speak english, I don't speak japanese, thanks google translate. I will tell you if I can make the transaction.

Fri May 27, 2016 4:47 pm
Fresh Meat

By the way I didn't noticed that there are 2 different sculpts, one tail and two tail :

In searching I found that there called :
Kaneko koromotako : 1 tail
Nekomata Koromotako : 2 tail

The russian blue was released in one of the 2 versions according to sell location.

Fri May 27, 2016 5:01 pm
Super Deformed

Ah, way more versions than I realised. That blue and orange one is great. This sculpt is obviously popular because there are a lot of colorways released in a short space of time (by Sunguts standards).

Thanks for the info on the one & two tail sculpts. I wasn't aware of that. The version I have has one tail.

I love mankind, it's people I can't stand - Charles M. Schulz

blingaling wrote:
I'm still in the "everything is shiny and I want it all" phase

Sat May 28, 2016 12:06 am
Fresh Meat

Finally got another case for Sunguts. Looking slightly sparse but it means any new ones will fit. :D
Nezumi-otoko is an imposter.

Hopefully youkai really exist and Mizuki is enjoying himself with them!

Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:33 am
Addicted

Kudos on the impressive collection :D
So much personality on one shelf!

Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:26 am
Fresh Meat

kappa wrote:
Finally got another case for Sunguts. Looking slightly sparse but it means any new ones will fit. :D
Nezumi-otoko is an imposter.

Hopefully youkai really exist and Mizuki is enjoying himself with them!

Great collection kappa !
I search some of them like the yakuza in white suit, the tanuki crew or the neko musume and the oni boy (can't remember his name).He is awesome in pink.
Nezumi Otoki seem to be the pilot ace version that I have too, good sculpt but bad paint job.

Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:38 pm
Vintage

Really impressive and wonderful collection, Kappa. Thanks for sharing the photo. I do have such a soft spot for Sunguts figures, but the Mizuki characters are especially amazing. I am quite envious of all those toys you snagged. :)

flickr part [2] part [3]

Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:26 pm
Fresh Meat

I don't think any other figures capture the spirit of Mizuki's characters quite as well as Sunguts!

Fedhai - Yeah, it's the Pilot Ace one. It was pretty cheap. I regret not picking up this one now:
http://img-cdn.jg.jugem.jp/569/3275473/ ... 639768.jpg
Those ones you mention all seem hard to find for a reasonable price now, except maybe Maboroshi-chan isn't so expensive.

Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:16 am
Fresh Meat

Quote:
I don't think any other figures capture the spirit of Mizuki's characters quite as well as Sunguts!

That's sure, they made the best Kitaro characters, there are Bandai vintage really cool and Maxtoy have some great characters too, but I'm not fan about the Maxtoy shiny paint, I prefer the Sunguts matte paint and its fabulous texture.

Quote:
Yeah, it's the Pilot Ace one. It was pretty cheap. I regret not picking up this one now:
http://img-cdn.jg.jugem.jp/569/3275473/ ... 639768.jpg

I just ordered this variant the last few days (pretty expensive), I expect to receive soon. It don't pop up often.

Quote:
Those ones you mention all seem hard to find for a reasonable price now, except maybe Maboroshi-chan isn't so expensive.

I wait for month for this Maboroshi ! No matter the color, I need one !

Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:34 am
Fresh Meat

Fedhai wrote:
Quote:

That's sure, they made the best Kitaro characters, there are Bandai vintage really cool and Maxtoy have some great characters too, but I'm not fan about the Maxtoy shiny paint, I prefer the Sunguts matte paint and its fabulous texture.

Yeah, the old Bandai ones are great, but they're based on the anime characters (like most merchandise) so the look is kind of different. Sunguts' figures all have that perfect "dopey" look just like the manga characters do, and like you say, the subdued colours/texture are great. Plus he does so many characters other than Kitaro - lots of minor ones, and lots from Kappa no Sanpei :D

Not a fan of the Maxtoys ones in general - I quite like Linden's, but I'm more interested in the humanoid characters (and I don't have room to display big figures...) There's some nice non-vinyl figures around, too.

Congrats on getting that nezumi-otoko! If I ever happen across another of Maboroshi-chan I'll let you know.

Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:22 am
Fresh Meat

Quote:
Yeah, the old Bandai ones are great, but they're based on the anime characters (like most merchandise) so the look is kind of different. Sunguts' figures all have that perfect "dopey" look just like the manga characters do, and like you say, the subdued colours/texture are great. Plus he does so many characters other than Kitaro - lots of minor ones, and lots from Kappa no Sanpei :D

Exactly, some characters are the exact reproduction of manga pages (for exemple Medama-oyaji pulling the rope of Kitaro after his born). I have it too (in a different color version of yours) and this is an amazing toy !

Quote:
Not a fan of the Maxtoys ones in general - I quite like Linden's, but I'm more interested in the humanoid characters (and I don't have room to display big figures...) There's some nice non-vinyl figures around, too.

I'm thinking about buying some Linden characters but there are very expensive.

Quote:
Congrats on getting that nezumi-otoko! If I ever happen across another of Maboroshi-chan I'll let you know.

I will do the same for the nezumi-otoko variant :)

Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:35 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 236 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10