ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Here is your chance to impress your internet friends
Post a reply

Re: Face Nook

Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:33 pm

toothaction wrote:
Aceface.
M1号 ‎M1号 M1-Go M1 "Ultraman Ace" ウルトラマンエース "Ultraman A" ウルトラマンA "Alien Hipporito" ヒッポリト星人 "Hipporito Seijin" Hipporito Tsuburaya mini magnet toys sofubi Laundromat Yujimade
chimply.kaiju wrote:^One of my favorite releases from M1. I quickly read that as assface and thought of the character from Preacher :lol: .
Ha! I was thinking Quadrophenia or Mr. Frehly

Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:54 pm

Fresh snow, April 10th, 2016. Sweet Jebus.
M1-G0 M1Go M1 Toho Gabara ガバラ Godzilla Goji "All Monsters Attack" ゴジラ•ミニラ•ガバラ オール 怪獣大進撃 repro Bullmark Yujimade Glow-in-the-dark GID toys sofubi M1号

Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:12 pm

rattanicus wrote:Hi! I'm up now :P
Just to chime in, as soon as I met Mr Pigmon in person I decided I wanted all of the Rampage Ultramonsters! Sturdy with lots of character.

Alas! :( Just ran a search and Rampage Toys are sold out of this cutie. I love the way this Pigmon stands, and it has very interesting features...

Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:34 pm

Myself, I'm partial to the micro:

I've no clue who's picture this is.

Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:04 am

Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:37 pm

tin dinosaur diner dino dinosaurs tintoy walker tyrannosaurus t-rex oragami

Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:05 am

Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:38 am

^ Who is this beast, Rei, and does he have nine ani?

Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:00 pm

I'm not too familiar :oops: but I believe it's an Ultramonster?
:lol: I'd like to think it's just one big anus :lol:
edit~ http://ultra.wikia.com/wiki/Mizunoeno_Dragon

Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:13 am

^ Ah, thanks. I'm more than a little spotty after '80. :)
Ken's such a fop.
M1号 M1GO M1-G0 m1 Yujimade Daimajin Gorgo Ken Gatchaman Daiei Science Ninja Team Gatchaman 科学忍者隊ガッチャマン dellrose

Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:52 am

Nah, man, he is rockin' that killer mane. :P

Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:09 pm

Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:12 pm

buta butanohana ultraman aboras micro

Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:52 pm

^ Love it! The colors ❤️

Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:32 pm

Agreed! That new set of micros is just stunning. Hard to say this, but I like OMB even topped his own amazing handiwork with the execution of that set. Doesn't hurt of course that it is my favourite crew, but still, truly lovely toys. They are definitely going to have to go on the wants list when I am able.

Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:24 pm

Mo' Buta:
Low grass Jirass.Buta ButaNoHana ぶたのはな Jiras Jirass ジラース Ultraman Tsuburaya micro micros

Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:18 pm

Beautiful D! It is amazing to me how stunning the toy and paint look, even at this up close detail. You'd easily not realise that you are looking at a micro figure. The range of vibrant colours he achieved, and on this scale, is probably the best execution I have seen yet.

Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:08 am

What I admire most about this artist is knowing when to let go of the sculpting process, so as to leave it precisely at the point of aesthetic perfection, right between crude and polished. Although I'm not a hunter as much as I am a fisherman of kaiju, this is one brand that takes priority on the shopping list :)

Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:06 am

rattanicus wrote:What I admire most about this artist is knowing when to let go of the sculpting process, so as to leave it precisely at the point of aesthetic perfection, right between crude and polished.

^THIS
When it's done right (as with Buta), it's marvelous to behold.

Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:34 am

You are definitely right, Rei. I couldn't have articulated it like that, but absolutely - his aesthetic is such a perfect balance between crude, creative vision, inspired character, and detail. His toys are not exact representations of the monsters as we see on screen, but transcend that, bringing their essence to his own style. Like you said, he knows perfectly how to capture them, with just so much detail. His lack of perfection, is the perfection. And I think this is exactly how it comes across how much he does this out of love for the characters and the medium of toys.

Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:31 pm

Mr. Humphreys wrote:
rattanicus wrote:Hi! I'm up now :P
Just to chime in, as soon as I met Mr Pigmon in person I decided I wanted all of the Rampage Ultramonsters! Sturdy with lots of character.

Alas! :( Just ran a search and Rampage Toys are sold out of this cutie. I love the way this Pigmon stands, and it has very interesting features...

I missed this one! :cry:

Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:09 pm

Buta ButaNoHana ぶたのはな Antlar アントラー Antorā Antre Ultraman Tsuburaya micro micros sofubi toys

Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:49 pm

You know, normally giant pincers like that on a guy would probably make me just want to play it safe and go for a casual fist bump or something, but those delightful arms and warm smile, I just couldn't help myself from diving in for the full hug. :) Who knows, maybe that was Antlar's plan all along.

Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:23 pm

Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:48 am

^ Beautiful stuff! Inspiring ~

Post a reply