ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Here is your chance to impress your internet friends
Post a reply

Re: The "What You Got In The Mail That Isn't A Vinyl Toy" Th

Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:36 am

Finally!

Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:48 pm

^ it's a great Ultra Magnus!

Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:04 am

A 3D print out of a life sized gila monster skull in stainless steel, an ugly sweater with a snake on it & an evil dead screen print.

Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:01 am

Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:55 am

I'm getting more and more into wooden toys, and I have to say Naëf rules it all. If only they weren't so friggin expensive. Though I guess they're on par with most sofubi...

Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:48 am

that is nice!!

Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:48 am

My wife bought me an original XNO painting of Frankenberry.
Obviously given my shit relationship (even by proxy) with the USPS there was a problem receiving it, but we finally cut through the Postal Drama today and were able to pick it up.

So stoked. Been a fan since the old Thrasher days and getting an original painting of my favorite cereal pitch monster... so great. (JJ threw in a handful of stickers, too)

Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:30 pm

petitetoilonrouge wrote:Image

I'm getting more and more into wooden toys, and I have to say Naëf rules it all. If only they weren't so friggin expensive. Though I guess they're on par with most sofubi...

Curious! Got a link or two?

Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:32 pm

^Yeah, I'm curios, too. I googled Naëf, but just got a bunch of random stuff, none of it toy-related.

Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:56 pm

https://shop.naefusa.com/

Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:05 pm

^ cool, thanks!

Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:07 pm

More miniatures! These still need to be sent to the caster for molding.

This one was lost in the mail unfortunately.

A couple painted examples so far from people that have bought them. The tiny Discharge logo on the one in camo pants makes me happy.

Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:06 pm

rattanicus wrote:Curious! Got a link or two?

Their main site is http://www.naefspiele.ch.

They also have an Instagram account (@naef_usa).

I stumbled upon their Cubicus in a small wooden toy store in Nagoya, and I was hooked. Took me many, many years till I can justify buying one (mine is used!). I mean, hundreds of dollars for a tiny wooden cube that fits in the palm of your hand... I'm always amazed when I see IG pics of pics playing with literally thousands of dollars worth of blocks. :? That being said, I feel totally silly having wooden blocks I don't let the kids play with! :lol:

Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:17 am

Martin Ontiveros sketches. So good.

Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:54 am

^ very nice, hadn't heard of this artist; great stuff~

Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:23 pm

Really nice miniatures, Chris. The frills on the woman's dress are superbly sculpted. So sorry about the one lost in the mail though, great action pose on that one.

Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:26 pm

Toei anime masterpiece picture book set (5 x books) reprint from 1965 - 1980s (set released Jan 2015)

Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:37 am

Old fashioned Japanese kid's collecatble cards....I think. Don't know much about these but the artwork is great and an obvious influence for Cure's sticker packaging as well as the new Algangu release. Anyone know anything more?

Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:38 pm

^^those look great Ben!

cupcake of enlightenment

Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:53 pm

derp
Last edited by Ghost Attack on Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:03 pm

spacemonkey66 wrote:Toei anime masterpiece picture book set (5 x books) reprint from 1965 - 1980s (set released Jan 2015)

whaaaat! :o

Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:20 pm

psilo110 wrote:cupcake of enlightenment

I have a box of watermelon cupcake mix sitting in my kitchen, I'm so tempted to bake it right now after seeing this. :lol: (it's either going to be the most delicious or most disgusting atrocity of a cupcake...)

Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:47 pm

thefauxbot wrote:

Old fashioned Japanese kid's collecatble cards....I think. Don't know much about these but the artwork is great and an obvious influence for Cure's sticker packaging as well as the new Algangu release. Anyone know anything more?

I have a couple of pack of these, one old and one new (they still make them). けむり means 'smoke'. There's a sticky substance on the back of the card, you get it on your fingers, rub/ smack your fingers together, and it makes smoke. Sort of.

Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:14 pm

mondocoyote wrote:There's a sticky substance on the back of the card, you get it on your fingers, rub/ smack your fingers together, and it makes smoke. Sort of.

The backing card for the Al Gangu kappa I just got has the sticky paper on the back....I was wondering what that was about :lol: you're telling me I can create smoke with it ? Cool.

Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:41 pm

Here's the smoke in action!
Post a reply