ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Here is your chance to impress your internet friends
Post a reply

Re: The "What You Got In The Mail That Isn't A Vinyl Toy" Th

Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:38 am

The far right column on that shelf in the back there sure has some big boys on it!
Love how you've got the Cyco Ape swinging from the shelves :lol:

Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:34 pm

I just got this massive thing in the mail. Amazon was charging $67 for it, but said the list price was $100, which is way expensive for a 160 page book. I took the plunge anyway, 'cause I do love Krazy. The product description mentioned the comics where reproduced at actual Sunday paper size, but I was thoroughly unprepared for how massive this thing is. I think I've only seen atlases larger. Should be fun to read!

Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:38 pm

Ive got a smaller Krazy Kat collection and it's amazing. I haven't seen this one but Sunday paper size sounds excellent!

Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:24 am

Great to hear of another Krazy reader. The format is really nice, but I should mention that about half the strips are in black & white. Apparently these Sundays were published before color made it into newspapers, or at least the funny pages. The publisher is Sunday Press and they've given the same treatment to at least a handful of other comics. There's an Oz Sunday strip that I'd never heard of that I'll probably get sooner or later, too.

Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:54 pm

ultrakaiju wrote:Those are some cool Sunshine figures. And really great shoehouse; definitely belongs in the 'cute vinyl' thread as well.

W.G wrote:In which issue of Metal Hurlant is it, please ?
Sorry, I missed the question earlier. The article was in issue 28.

Thanks. I found it. I remember there was a video on Youtube from an old French Tv show about this guy or another French collector of robots. But I can't find it anymore.
Odibex wrote:Image

I just got this massive thing in the mail. Amazon was charging $67 for it, but said the list price was $100, which is way expensive for a 160 page book. I took the plunge anyway, 'cause I do love Krazy. The product description mentioned the comics where reproduced at actual Sunday paper size, but I was thoroughly unprepared for how massive this thing is. I think I've only seen atlases larger. Should be fun to read!

Nice. If you like old comics, you should keep an eye on the new Little Nemo's edition by Taschen which is coming in a few days.

Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:19 pm

Yeah! I'm very excited about the Nemo volume! 708 pages! The thing must be massive. I've only read a thin volume of Nemo up till now, Wonderful stuff.

Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:55 pm

Had to...

Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:08 pm

toothaction wrote:^ Hubbard Manor is so nice! Any story behind it?

Not really! Just saw it on the bay and had to get it. Hadn't seen this particular sculpt of "the shoe" before, and I love the sprays. Also, it smells like baby powder...

Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:25 pm

When only the best will do

Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:33 am

Thanks Andy! Can't wait to get this EP framed and on the wall

Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:04 am

Stickers and postcards from the Hyperstoic event in NYC.

Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:52 pm

Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:41 pm

180 gram vinyl re-issue. I sold this original 20 years ago, along with a couple hundred other classics, so my scorpion woman ex-girlfriend and I didn't have to be homeless. I should have kept the records. I was 14 when this came out in 1986. Completely blew me away, and still does. The best hardcore record ever made.

Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:31 pm

Bitterpill wrote:The best hardcore record ever made.

No arguments here.

Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:45 am

Bitterpill wrote:The best hardcore record ever made.

Why is there a picture of a Cro Mags record where Poison Idea - Pick Your King should be?

On a serious note, I saw the Cro Mags at Fenders Brawlroom in Long Beach in '86(?) with Motorhead. I stood with my back against the wall the entire show. It was the most violent show I've ever been to.

Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:03 am

Chris Kohler wrote:On a serious note, I saw the Cro Mags at Fenders Brawlroom in Long Beach in '86(?) with Motorhead. I stood with my back against the wall the entire show. It was the most violent show I've ever been to.

I love hearing stuff like this. I didn't get to see the Cro Mags until maybe 5 years ago. It was rowdy but nothing too crazy.

Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:20 pm

Chris Kohler wrote:Why is there a picture of a Cro Mags record where Poison Idea - Pick Your King should be?

HAH ! I'm surprised it took that long for a different opinion to rise up. I was deliberately trying to be provocative :twisted:

The most violent show I ever attended was Excel with Hard Stance. I had a knot on my elbow the size of a tennis ball, and my friend got a fat lip, lost a shoe....shit was intense. Fights all over the place too...I lasted through most of Hard Stance, but played the wall ( and was still terrified ) during Excel. If memory serves me correctly, Saint Vitus ( ! ) was also on the bill and got booed off the stage with people throwing anything they could find at them. Local legends Sub Society opened the show. Good times....

Never saw Cro-Mags though :cry:

Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:23 pm

Double post madness.

Finally on blu ray...

3...2...1...LET'S JAM !

*cough...Re-Action figures ! cough...cough..ahem ! *

Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:28 am

I received theToy Art equivalent to a Van Gogh Painting
can't wait to frame this in an ornate gold frame

Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:01 pm

nice!

Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:17 pm

more of a Leonardo Da Vinci i thinks considering the elements of a flying machine.
glad that it went to a good home and to a solid dude, sometimes hard letting stufs
go to strangers no matter what the financial exchange is- i say go chrome not gold!

Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:34 pm

wolf in white van by john darnielle

Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:35 pm

Mondo vinyl release of the Michael Kamen score for The Iron Giant. Listened to it several times already, really good stuff. Gorgeous Jason Edmiston artwork on a gatefold cover & insert sheet. !80 gm vinyl pressed at 45rpm. As good as the presentation is for this, it is equal parts dreadful for Mondo's Shaun of the Dead soundtrack, which had a flimsy cover and vinyl, and showed signs of wear right out of the box.

This movie needs to be released on blu ray for shit sake !

Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:47 pm

toothaction wrote:Image
wolf in white van by john darnielle

Cool, I'll have to check this out. A couple of the guys in my band recorded & toured with The Mountain Goats. I hadn't heard of them beforehand.

Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:02 pm

Bought some neat reproduction posters earlier, the first one is my personal favourite.

Last edited by beastcreature on Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:40 am, edited 4 times in total.
Post a reply