ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Here is your chance to impress your internet friends
Post a reply

Re: Post Your Garamon/ Pigmon collections

Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:20 pm

Mr. Humphreys wrote:So you have both the red & pink balloon piggies! :D Very nice Deevis! Also very nice on all the new additions too. Thanks for posting the Study of Garamons series. Very informative (I love stuff like that!) :)
Thanks, Grace! More to come on the Buta Gara / Pyg study, I just need to knuckle down and do the work.
ultrakaiju wrote:Ah, so nice to finally see them side-by-side. I have been eagerly awaiting an appropriate shot like that. Two simply wonderful Pigmons, made all that better by being out in the wild and in the morning sun. Damn if that is still not one of the best sculpts Oohashi-san has ever put out. I cannot stop admiring your pair, David. :oops:
I'm so glad you like the snap, Steve. I considered not posting it, as Sherbert Gingers' colors are so blown out in it, but I decided that I like the overall effect. And yes, I'm calling it now: Sherbert Pygmon = best Buta. Sorry, Vacuum Lady! Condolences, reverse Ultra! Apologies, glowie Baltan II!

Damn, I bumped the page away from the pictures...

Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:22 pm

Hmphf! Well I"LL be glad to take the glowie Baltan off of yer paws! :wink:

Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:38 pm

^ Sure thing, Gracie! Just mail me your pearl-munching whale, or maybe a stack of racers! :P

I can't believe it took 2 years for that last page to flip... More collection pics, folks! Please?

Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:18 am

Wake up!
This thread is lonely.

Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:22 pm

^ Nice Gary you got there :P
Here's all of mine ~
...and also this guy~
...all for now!

Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:26 pm

My little collection. (Sorry old photo, poor quality) :P

Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:35 pm

One more by Billiken with a custom base. :D

Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:56 pm

All you need to know about Kaijyuken's Garamon sculpts:
Well hunted, Linda!

This bug is stupid fresh.

Sun May 01, 2016 1:44 am

That is indeed a great pic, and excellent collection Linda. Many, many questions answered thanks to you. As David mentioned, he and I have spent many an hour pouring over terrible quality pics and squinting desperately to try and make out the details inside packaged KK Garys. You don't often get to see them in the wild, and less still open, but seeing the omakes finally, in all their glory, is indeed a treat.

So I think that probably covers all the versions I have seen myself at some point, though it would be interesting to see if there are others still out there. Generally I think the toy remains largely unknown, which is a shame. The Semi Ningen base is indeed stellar! So nice to finally get my peepers on that fella in the f̶l̶e̶s̶h̶ vinyl. What a lovely looking sculpt, and glorious colours. Well collected Linda, I can only imagine the treasures we might find (and similar A-ha! moments that might be had) looking through your collections - I have this vision of a massive kaiju archives straight out of Raiders. :)
Post a reply