ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Here is your chance to impress your internet friends
Post a reply

Re: Post Your Garamon/ Pigmon collections

Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:16 pm

wingnut0 wrote:The family is growing a bit...
Good to meet the growing Gary gang, Patrick! Now you just need to squeeze some Pigmon action into the mix.

Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:56 pm

Not a collection per se, but just received these wonderful midi-sized Garys from Bearmodel. Really love the sculpt and paintwork on these guys. They've done a great job achieving that classic rough detail kaiju look, while still bringing loads of fun and character. Now I just need to find that other Garadama set. :D

Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:33 pm

ungawa222 wrote:One of the weirdest I own, a one-piece, hollow-molded translucent orange Pygmon (balloon not visible in these shots) mini... info on manufacture completely unknown to me:

Solved the puzzle!
It was an omake that came with the 1st generation Marmit Monster Heaven RedKings. 2003, I think.

Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:44 pm

Great find David. In addition to the pink bellied and gorgeous candy version, I think there is a more metallic red guy too:

Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:54 pm

Happy Valentine's Day to me!

Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:35 am

You guys have some amazing garamon collections. Dangerously inspirational!
My rather weedy 'collection' here... I got the little guy free in a delivery from Japan once... I wasn't too keen on his colouring so when we were getting some stuff vac-metalized at work I popped him in too.
I feel a bit guilty now but... I have a golden garamon.

Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:08 am

wow ! looks really neat - does the metalizing process affect the vinyl ?

Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:03 am

It seemed to work ok, it very faintly wrinkles on vinyl though but I think that could be avoided by preparing the surface (I did nothing!)
You have to fill anything hollow as the air gets sucked out and hollow objects will deform. So in this case I had to fill it with resin. So if you aren't careful you can distort soft stuff like vinyl.

Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:02 am

toothaction wrote:Image

that's some amazing sleuthing, mister d! those redkings are great, but what's even greater is the fact that the tiny pygmon makes perfect sense story-wise! with its inclusion, it feels more like a playset rather than just an omake. very nice find.

Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:38 pm

it's not the entire collection, but i just had to share this distant yet oddly related family member in a group shot:

gramps doesn't approve. junior is baffled. pinky is raised in classy nonchalance.

Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:10 am

Technically this is more of a family shot, but this thread needs more love. :)

Haha, so funny that I came to post these in this thread, only to discover them covered in the very last post! Oh well, duplicate Pyggy fun. :mrgreen:

Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:59 pm

Little Pyggy in the sand.
Pygmon Pigmon

Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:12 pm

Definitely one of the more angry Pigmons. I don't think he liked the way Ide's box was translating his squeeks.

Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:22 pm

He's perfectly happy, actually - he just suffers from an unfortunate case of BRF.

Last edited by toothaction on Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:35 pm

Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:03 pm

Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:14 pm

A gift from GaraMike. Thanks, Mitchy!

Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:48 pm

And immediately it gets the signature 'thaction treatment!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

This wunnerful lil' diorama was made by the great Japanese customizer known only (to me, anyway) as hustle55goodjob. And it was very well-deserved and long overdue to a great 'brainer and friend.
ENJOY, D!

(What was Kemur Seijin doing during this? Sprinting through the woods?)

Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:55 pm

Fantastic custom set-up and great photos too D. So happy to see this thread getting some love again.

Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:57 pm

ungawa222 wrote:(What was Kemur Seijin doing during this? Sprinting through the woods?)
Pretending to be a fancy waiter, again, while Gary II rolled his eyes. Duh.

The dope on the diorama from the electric pen of Mitchxyztplk.

What's the story with Gary II, by the way?
He looks all glossy and exhausted.

Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:01 am

toothaction wrote:What's the story with Gary II, by the way?
He looks all glossy and exhausted.

Ha- well, you nailed it, glossy and exhausted. Why, I know not- you'd have to ask the people at Bandai, 'cause he is straight out the capsule, no pigment/finish intervention on my part.

As for the black teeth, I can only guess that Pee-Wee gave him some of that same trick gum he gave to Francis Buxton.

Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:59 pm

Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:03 pm

Ah, nice one Kevin. I still really love that doll-eye custom.

Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:01 pm

Here's my one and only Garamon. Since getting this guy I've fallen in love with the character.

Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:56 pm

Biff wrote:Image

Who makes that green Pigmon?
Post a reply