ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Here is your chance to impress your internet friends
Post a reply

Re: RXH collections...

Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:50 pm

Nice. I need to locate the Smokey version again.

Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:57 pm

Vombie wrote:neat--and interesting--scores, man. I'm so out of the loop with old-school RxH. Trying to find some choice pieces from the days of old, but it's been slow going...but it's been fun looking too. I just haven't been able to get into the new stuff--starting with the adult size figures. there are a few releases that looked cool, but I think my heart is where it has always been; back in the early days.

Always nice to see your scores.

Thanks. Yeah, the old figures that come up for sale are few and far between these days. But even rarer old figures don't go for much when they do show up. It seems insane to me that people will pay ~$300 for the brand new adult-size figures, but not $60 for one of the original Mutant Heads. I still prefer the original size RxH figures to the adults. I'm glad Mori is developing his toy line and brand, but the new stuff interests me less and less, particularly the collabs.

The Moog wrote:^^ Wow, that clear-red Gatchi :shock:

I have a soft-spot for Gatchigon and that one is great. I'm pretty sure none of the production runs
used clear-red as a base. ...

None of the normal Gatchis used clear red vinyl as far as I can tell. The two others I mention are: (1) a painted one-off given out at one of the Junkspot events in 2007, and (2) a clear red filled with GID shards that sat on the shelf with the paint samples and customs at the old Shinto Gangu.

Your set is a nice sampling of the Gatchigons over the years- from the first one in clear smoke to one of the last non-micro runs in clear glitter.

Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:43 pm

One of my all-time favorites

Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:10 am

Handsome devil

Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:50 am

Had to take it to the next page. I can't believe you are able to find some of the older sculpts.. This clear red is so great. Can you update with a group shot????

Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:46 pm

I'm with you G, that Milkborg is definitely one of my favorites of all time! That clear red Gatchigon is also a beaut tho!

Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:03 pm

bryce_r wrote:Had to take it to the next page. I can't believe you are able to find some of the older sculpts.. This clear red is so great. Can you update with a group shot????

I don't know if I can fit all of the Gatchigons into one shot at this point... there's a lot. I'm trying to get them all displayed in one place. Will post a photo once I have them assembled.

Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:25 am

every now and then i like to take new photos of older figures . . . .

Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:59 pm

Love the old next man!

Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:50 pm

Vombie wrote:Nice. I need to locate the Smokey version again.

Thank you :)

Still looking for a few more releases...!

Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:30 pm

Classics! Do you have the unpainted green grub that came with the clear smoke Gatchigon?

Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:54 pm

akum6n wrote:Classics! Do you have the unpainted green grub that came with the clear smoke Gatchigon?

Unfortunately, his previous owner did not have it. I always loved the grub for this release...sigh. but gachigon is looking great..! I'm hoping to find a green vinyl Head to join the crew.

Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:53 am

^^ Love the scrambled-egg chaos man.

akum6n wrote:unpainted green grub that came with the clear smoke Gatchigon?

Unpainted grub in full effect . . . no glitter version though (boo!). Although technically its a 'shoot' because Gatchi is a Bamboo creature . . .

Last edited by The Moog on Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:54 am

ImageImage

Not mine but its pretty awesome to see this survivor still bagged

Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:36 am

Droooool...still like that guy.

Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:07 am

another shameless old photo post but i thought it was apt . . .

Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:17 pm

Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:38 am

^^ Nice!

Glad you found one.

Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:19 pm

The Moog wrote:^^ Nice!

Glad you found one.

Yes! I'm so glad as well haha thank you! Such a cool toy

Thu May 26, 2016 1:18 pm

I've been on a bit of a vinyl kick lately and pulled my RxH shelves apart to rearrange, so I was able to snap a couple nice pics. I've got a handful of new Adults on the way soon and have been loving what Mori's up to these days. The fact that they are so hard to get is probably a good thing, because otherwise I'd be broke from buying new RxH toys every week when he opens up the shop!

Thu May 26, 2016 4:59 pm

Awesome collection!

Fri May 27, 2016 7:07 pm

Great to see a RxH collection with both old and new stuff.

Sat May 28, 2016 7:15 am

akum6n wrote:Great to see a RxH collection with both old and new stuff.

It has to have old stuff because new stuff is so hard to get! :lol:

That's actually not true, I shouldn't complain. I've been able to pick up a nice selection of the new Adults recently. Just, you know, for real prices. Not like the old days.
Post a reply