ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Here is your chance to impress your internet friends
Post a reply

Re: Lose yo SH!T!!!

Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:48 pm

So beautiful!!!

Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:08 am

in so much contrast to the one displayed at hyperstoic. nice one!

Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:13 am

that is nice, the pictures from the event didn't do it justice.

Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:38 pm

im still on the fence of 3-4 pours!... I want to say 3, but mymind is like? why stop at 3? it looks like 4! lol, but i think its 3.

Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:22 am

i say 2 pours
clear w glitter pour
and blk/wht mix pour

Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:12 am

i don't think we'll ever know but i think 2 pours as well. i think they were also very precise pours since it almost has that double pour look on them with crystal clear noses and extremities (fingers, toes, etc)

Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:04 pm

well maybe glitter mixed in the second pour... zero glitter is in the nose...

Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:39 am

whatever it is.. its beautiful!!

Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:50 am

devilboy wrote:i think they were also very precise pours since it almost has that double pour look on them with crystal clear noses and extremities (fingers, toes, etc)

Maybe I'm misunderstanding and Dennis might give some insight but I would've thought that the first clear hit would automatically fill all the extremities (no need for precision or tactical pouring) . . . Left for a few seconds the next pour would just line the inside of the cooling clear.

Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:09 pm

Anti Social Andy wrote:
devilboy wrote:i think they were also very precise pours since it almost has that double pour look on them with crystal clear noses and extremities (fingers, toes, etc)

Maybe I'm misunderstanding and Dennis might give some insight but I would've thought that the first clear hit would automatically fill all the extremities (no need for precision or tactical pouring) . . . Left for a few seconds the next pour would just line the inside of the cooling clear.

yeah but it looks like some of that glitter is real close to the surface at times almost like the area was "empty" for the second pour...know what i'm sayin...?

Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:16 pm

devilboy wrote:yeah but it looks like some of that glitter is real close to the surface at times almost like the area was "empty" for the second pour...know what i'm sayin...?

No . . . but hopefully I'll have more insight soon!

Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:12 pm

My guess is that he poured a thin layer of clear, popped the mold into the centrifuge, then did a marble hand pour with the two color vinyl and glitter swirl mixture.

Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:43 pm

^^^ yeah, i consider it a 3 pour as its technically 3 colors used for this piece... regardless of the process though, one amazing outcome.

Fri May 29, 2015 10:36 am

Fri May 29, 2015 1:23 pm

Great pic, but is it really standing on a cereal bar?! :D

Fri May 29, 2015 1:25 pm

Nice shot Charlie!

Here is one I snapped a while back...

Fri May 29, 2015 1:38 pm

Thornton wrote:Great pic, but is it really standing on a cereal bar?! :D
If only... but it was just an unexciting stone railing.

Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:59 pm

Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:29 pm

wingnut0 wrote:Nice shot Charlie!

Here is one I snapped a while back...

So nice!!

Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:46 am

From last fall...

Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:51 am