ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Here is your chance to impress your internet friends
Post a reply

blacklight shots

Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:13 pm

so, a friend of mine gave me a x-mas gag gift of a black light from spencers. ha-ha, but it's opened up a whole new world to my collection. i'm just dabbling and establishing some best practices, but i didn't see a dedicated blacklight thread here on sb, so here goes.

my first attempts (excuse the filthy laundry room):
ImageImage

ImageImage

strawberry crack killer:

bwana slip n dip micro killer:

slip n dip hujili's ghost:

Re: blacklight shots

Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:45 pm

Oh jeez, here we go!

I had been wondering why there wasn't a thread like this for a bit now. I've got to get me a new UV light!

Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:52 pm

That's awesome they glow so vibrantly! And orange! I have a lot of glow toys, primarily in my Secret Base. This would be pretty cool to do with them all.

Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:58 pm

I was just thinking about starting a thread like this, as I love blacklight shots! :D

From my instagram, I'll take more soon:
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:13 am

Treblekicker- you can ask my wife, the very first thing I do when I get a new toy is shine a black light on it to see how it reacts. I love some of the results. Ill post a few shots after work. I've even painte customs with black lights in mind. I did a mantis years ago that was very drab looking in regular light, but was extra trippy under blacklight.

Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:26 am

that hujili and salamander look awesome in black light

Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:49 am

treblekicker wrote:so, a friend of mine gave me a x-mas gag gift of a black light from spencers

Gag gift? More like a great one :D
A decent blacklight is an absolute must to thoroughly know one's toys.
For anyone using color changing Dioder lights, the blue setting seems to have a similar effect, although not as powerful as a true blacklight...

Great shots Kevin and Treble (and kudos to this thread idea!), I will be visiting this one often.
Last edited by smurph on Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:25 am

I love the Mockbat's tongue!!

Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:35 am

Here are some of my favorite blacklight shots. While of course GID looks great under blacklight, fluorescent paint and GID parts mixed with clear vinyl looks especially great.

Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:18 pm

Awesome pics Yuck!!!, they're so clear... :!:

Edit: my Coral Ollie pic sucked and was not worthy of this thread. Will post better once I can capture a good one.
Last edited by smurph on Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:31 pm

trippy goes trippier:

Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:55 pm

i seriously didn't even know that they still sold blacklights. :lol: Neat I guess.

Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:16 pm

You can get a great, 4-AA-powered handheld 6" tube blacklight at Spencer's for $10. Lights up the whole room. Totally worth it. Phil, I'm right there with you... always running the Blacklight Test when I get a new toy. The effects even on some toys that aren't GiD or overtly UV-reactive can be very interesting... weird color effects and gives them a strange, enjoyably velvety look. People, check out your Shikarunas... even ones that look like they would have no reactivity at all! My Dagigon one-off held some very nice surprises!
Last edited by ungawa222 on Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:17 pm

Kevin, that Mongolion is very special... great shot! :shock:

Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:14 am

ungawa222 wrote:Kevin, that Mongolion is very special... great shot! :shock:

Painted by Hellopike, of course :wink:

Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:22 am

Image <---I love the way this zombiefighter reacts- the purple shows up orange under black light.

Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:19 pm

Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:16 pm

Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:20 pm

Great thread, I need more blacklit shots.

Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:14 pm

Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:46 am

OOOOOOO, AAAAAAHH. Really digging that Grody/orchid shot. Creepy and beautiful.

Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:28 am

Loving these shots, keep em comin!

Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:58 am

Here's my Day-Glo friend, popping the shit out of the blacklight! ( i only found out by accident that he had these abilities, during my house party)

Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:51 am

Two MVH Sludge Demon DX's painted by two other masters Paul Kaiju on the left and Blobpus on the right!

Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:25 am

What amazing set Todd. Congrats!
Post a reply