ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Here is your chance to impress your internet friends
Post a reply

the tomb of boom

Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:32 am

I have all kinds of figures and toys. Mostly Transformers and vintage stuff.

Re: the tomb of boom

Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:08 am

Lots of fun, older action figures you've got there -- I used to have the Toy Biz deluxe edition Sabretooth (and Wolverine, and maybe some others) when I was a kid, amongst other stuff in your collection. I've always thought large scale action figures were awesome. They seem to be much more prevalent these days, which is cool.

I'm curious, and don't take this the wrong way, but what brought you to this forum? I ask because I don't see any sofubi in your pictures, so I am genuinely curious.

Hilarious Blanka avatar... What a classic, shit movie.

Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:35 am

I have one of those giant TMNT Rocksteady figures as well. It's ridiculous. I think that for the time Americans weren't to keen on rotocast large scale. I wish I still had my Subhumanhoids.

There is a Sofubi Cashern piggy bank up there :wink:

I was brought to this forum for educational purposes. I went to the toy mall in toy mall in Akihabara japan. There were these little sofubi stores there, the size of storage spaces. I hadn't really seen this kind of stuff before side of the classic Godzilla, Ultraman lines and the American Juxtapoz, [expletive deleted], and munnys.

The cultish intense passion and and intrinsic craftsmanship automatically drew me in.
I couldn't afford a lot of these so, I thought I might be able to make some in that style. I'm an artist, studied fine art and industrial design at RMCAD. So over the past couple months I have been slowly learning about the culture and art of sofubi. The cost of a line was higher than I could afford, so i decided to do it DIY. Skullbrian was the logical forum to glean from.

My dad and I actually built a rotocaster. So within the next month or two I will have a small run of hand made figures.

I have some Ultraman minis, RxH figures and a Restore Dart on preorder; will post flix later, when I'm at home.

Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:46 am

Welcome Neil

Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:58 am

Ha, if I don't move to a bigger space my man-cave will end up looking like that shop!

Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:10 pm

Any dude with rocklord in a glass case is friend to me:)

Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:54 am

There are some sofubi back there. I got some bagged ones as well. hope to get more soon.
Last edited by 3wing on Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:22 am

Fig Belly wrote:Any dude with rocklord in a glass case is friend to me:)

^^^^ THIS.

so much old school in that case, really digging it!

Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:56 pm

Digging that cowboy dude with the bulletproof (?) vest.

Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:33 pm

Bravestar! Google the cartoon! good stuff.

Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:42 pm

Cool~ Transformers are one of my very few guilty toy pleasures left over since sofubi took over my life :) Still buying/enjoying them! Image

Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:35 pm

rattanicus wrote:Cool~ Transformers are one of my very few guilty toy pleasures left over since sofubi took over my life :) Still buying/enjoying them! Image

Is that the Combiner Wars version? I was thinking about getting him but went for the Red Beetle instead.

Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:45 pm

Nice score on the large RxH slime! Hardly ever see those around.

Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:05 pm

Headhunter wrote:Is that the Combiner Wars version? I was thinking about getting him but went for the Red Beetle instead.
It's actually a mold from Generations that they've been getting some mileage out of. This Huffer came out in a Combiner Wars wave, but I also have a previous Optimus version, and a Nemesis Prime that came out with the Generations line. The "Red Beetle" is Chop Shop, who was previously released as "Skrapnel", together with "Reflector" as a set.

Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:27 am

rattanicus wrote:Cool~ Transformers are one of my very few guilty toy pleasures left over since sofubi took over my life :) Still buying/enjoying them!

Same here. I don't buy as much as I used to thanks to vinyl, but also because there's only so many of the same mold I need to have. (Which is odd logic considering I have 20 Mummy Boys, for example. Go fig.) The Combiner Wars line is fun, but a slippery slope with all the mixing and matching going on.

I sold off a good chuck of my collection a few years ago, but still kept quite a few from G1 to Beast Wars to present day stuff. I still have my G1 Combaticons! Sole owner!

Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:06 am

spatula007 wrote:
rattanicus wrote:Cool~ Transformers are one of my very few guilty toy pleasures left over since sofubi took over my life :) Still buying/enjoying them!

Same here. I don't buy as much as I used to thanks to vinyl, but also because there's only so many of the same mold I need to have. (Which is odd logic considering I have 20 Mummy Boys, for example. Go fig.) The Combiner Wars line is fun, but a slippery slope with all the mixing and matching going on.

I sold off a good chuck of my collection a few years ago, but still kept quite a few from G1 to Beast Wars to present day stuff. I still have my G1 Combaticons! Sole owner!

Did you at least pick up a subscription for the new Mattel Thundercats fully articulated line. It looks freaking incredible. I picked up 2 subs. One for opening all the figures and one for keeping them them in the packages. No action features bullshit just 100% articulation in glories 6 inch scale.

Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:16 am

Headhunter wrote:
spatula007 wrote:

Did you at least pick up a subscription for the new Mattel Thundercats fully articulated line. It looks freaking incredible. I picked up 2 subs. One for opening all the figures and one for keeping them them in the packages. No action features bullshit just 100% articulation in glories 6 inch scale.

Ive went back and forth on this matty collector thing for a couple months now. I decided against it. I hear to many bad things about the Matty services. My nostalgia didn't over power my common since! This time... Ha!
I have a hard time coughing up dough on the combiner wars stuff. I don't like the sculpts and get the feeling that the engineers sacrificed the aesthetic and functional properties of the toys so that the functioned better as a combiner mode more so than an individual bot.
I do however WANT a Sky Lynx real bad.

Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:24 am

3wing wrote: I do however WANT a Sky Lynx real bad.

Me to, but i cant seem to find it in stores right now. But id be getting ALL of the figures to combine the giant robot. I still want to get Sky Lynx first before i get the others because the others are super easy to find atm.

Well all the He-Man figures iv bought from Mattel iv had no issue with at all. And i have a fairly large collection of the newer stuff as well as Arrow the horse to go with BOW.

Ill let you guys know how good the new Thundercats toys are once i get them in hand. I subbed for bi-monthly so ill be getting most of my sub toys around September instead of monthly.

Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:24 pm

Some Transformers and other stuff iv been meaning to post but just never got around to it.

Probably one of my favorite Combiner Wars figure thus far.

The Spider Man Origins figures are actually really nice. They come with stands to keep the figures from falling over and these particular ones are all done in a kind of chrome paint.

Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:33 pm

Some older Marvel Legends stuff from Hasbro.

Some of the older Playmates TMNT stuff as well as some new. This first toy is a factory screw up without the belt on Donatello.

And finally an older Match Box car set done up with some awesome arcade game art. :P

Ok, sorry for the image overloads lol. Iv been meaning to post these for awhile.

Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:07 pm

Headhunter wrote:Some Transformers and other stuff iv been meaning to post but just never got around to it.

Probably one of my favorite Combiner Wars figure thus far.

The Spider Man Origins figures are actually really nice. They come with stands to keep the figures from falling over and these particular ones are all done in a kind of chrome paint.

Hell's Ya!
I'm surprised to see that X3 beast. I didn't know Marvel had allowed Hasbro to make those after the battle royal w/ fox.
Good stuff.

Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:19 pm

I don't really have that much room. I had to consolidate, and make a monster shelf.

Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:39 pm

^^^ Yeah but those glass cases to protect your toys are worth it though!
Post a reply