ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Here is your chance to impress your internet friends
Post a reply

Parka's stuff

Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:56 am

This is my massive SB haul - thanks Brian!

wooooooh

Ok, its not much...but its a start - hey!

Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:03 pm

gotta catch em all!
I just finally tracked down the Orange S7 so I have all the "normal" release ones and the all black prorotype

Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:16 pm

I think that Black & Clear Ghostfighter is one of the best toys EVER.

Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:28 pm

I've got the halloween one winging its way to me as we speak. Is it normal for the figures to have small 'bubbles' on them?

Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:07 pm

mine have some bubbleage

Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:23 pm

yeah, don't sweat the bubbles.

nice pics parka :)

Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:25 pm

Love the rainy day!

Thu Dec 29, 2005 3:47 pm

i love the black + clear - one of my favs as well!

Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:35 pm

My new SB fig

And everything in the Detolf

Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:45 pm

Nice Parka-Hey where did you find the Iron Maiden Piece of mind diarama??thats soo cool!!

Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:04 pm

Was a christmas pressie from my bro-in law. Made by NECA, shouldn't be too hard to find. They've also done somewhere in time front cover. Then theres the two done by McFarlane.

Up the Irons!!!

Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:36 pm

Those ghostfighters are so awesome! One of my favorite figures.

Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:57 pm

Parka wrote:My new SB fig

This is a good toy shot. 8)

Sat Jan 21, 2006 9:17 am

I need steps!!

Will take better pics later tonight, two of the SB figs are GID, try and get them glowing later!

:lol: :lol:

Sat Jan 21, 2006 10:08 am

Do you have access to blacklight? It will totally supercharge GID toys.

Sat Jan 21, 2006 10:14 am

I don't, but might try and get hold of one.

Theres a store in chester (near me that has one for about $10).

what do I do with it? Just turn it on when I want to take a photo, or leave the figure under it for a while?

Sat Jan 21, 2006 3:19 pm

ok, how do you put the sheet back on the obake?? it seems to be impossible :(

Sat Jan 21, 2006 3:43 pm

I took the sheet off my halloween obake and still haven't been able to get it back on. It's cool tho, I think they're better as two seperate pieces anyhow. :) It's like having two figs in one.

Sat Jan 21, 2006 3:45 pm

Yo Parka,
Put the skull figures arms in an upward position. Heat the Ghost cover with a hair dryer till its quite soft / then pull it over the figure before it cools.
It will work well if the vinyl is warm enough.

Sat Jan 21, 2006 3:46 pm

I can get the arms back in without the head on, but with the head on theres no give and i don't fancy getting the hairdryer on it incase i damage it - argh

Sat Jan 21, 2006 3:48 pm

BOB CONGE wrote:Yo Parka,
Put the skull figures arms in an upward position. Heat the Ghost cover with a hair dryer till its quite soft / then pull it over the figure before it cools.
It will work well if the vinyl is warm enough.

I replied to fresh before you said this.

looks like the hairdryer is the only way. i'll do it tomorrow because i'm a bit drunk at the moment :)

Sun Jan 22, 2006 6:50 am

It worked!!

got the arms back in and managed to squish the face so it went inwards. Bit of pushing at the back of the head soon sorted it and its all gravy!!

Cheers Bob, not taking anymore sheets off, even the solid colours, i'll be happy not knowing what colour he is underneath!

Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:26 am

First ever GID figure I own. It even wanted the lights out so it started glowing oddly :)

wooooooooo

I LOVE GID FIGURES!!!

Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:35 am

Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:37 am

man I looked at that first picture again and it looks weird?????
Post a reply