ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
One of a kind customs rule, unless you are color blind!
Post a reply

Re: monster drawings

Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:03 pm

thanks toof! Yeah I've always loved that style. Venturing out into drawing a comic book and I think it fits with my art. The only real differences are no shading/cross hatching (solid black shaded areas are fine) and the line weight stays the same throughout the illustration. I can't bring myself to do that though.

Also, the style usually feature cartoony humans with detailed, realistic backdrops. I like that.

I've been debating wether I should just free flow draw and see what happens, but I want to stick to a consistent style- so here's my version of French ligne claire art.

Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:04 pm

...uh on page 65... :)

Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:23 pm

J'accuse! Au voleur!
Greasebat wrote:Image

:D

Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:39 am

Did this illustration a while back and had a giclee printed. I was super impressed with the quality of the print. Sorry for the hillbilly mountain folk in the background but I needed someone to hold the print for me.

Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:25 am

Been getting back into drawing in the old Marvel/Image style that I was obsessed with in high school.. Here's a Max Toy Co drawing from a couple of days off from work!

Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:07 am

Hey Folks. Here's something I just finished up, and I figured this would be a good spot to share. I did the inking and text by hand, and then colored it digitally (first time doing this without assistance from someone who actually knows how to! hah!). Anyway, fun characters to draw - should be a good show next month :D

(FYI - Show is MVH x Skullheadbutt)

Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:02 am

CopASquatToys wrote:Did this illustration a while back and had a giclee printed. I was super impressed with the quality of the print. Sorry for the hillbilly mountain folk in the background but I needed someone to hold the print for me.

great work on this! love it.

Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:51 am

This was originally part of another toy, but it may become it's own free standing toy after a few modifications.

Acid washed skeletal guts... I realize the spine is in the front, that's just how it worked out. :)

Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:32 am

t-shirt design for some friends, I'm well pleased with it. Hope I get one!

Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:42 pm

It's always inspiring to see the talent on this board.

Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:20 am

Guess I'll break out of lurker-status and make my first post.
Here's a drawing of Rangeas that I finished up about an hour ago... I may be just a little bit obsessed.
Used some markers I found lying around.

Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:33 am

CopASquatToys wrote:...Sorry for the hillbilly mountain folk in the background but I needed someone to hold the print for me.

They're called hipsters here in Long Beach

Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:22 pm

Here's a doodle I'm working on, based on some of my monsters.

Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:57 pm

love it!

Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:31 pm

^ ! Go Monsters !

Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:44 pm

^^^^ You can tell where I spend all my time these days. I was just looking all around for the like button to click. :lol:

Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:51 am

Fri May 02, 2014 12:52 pm

Tue May 06, 2014 12:56 am

That rangeas drawing is amazing!

Tue May 06, 2014 7:06 am

Jtsui1105 wrote:That rangeas drawing is amazing!

Thank you! Means a lot :D

Thu May 15, 2014 7:58 am

Imagegodzilla tattoo by frankmysterio 2 APC, on Flickr

Tue May 20, 2014 6:32 am

Fri May 23, 2014 12:17 pm

Drawing by Ann (cyberann) thanks a lot!

Fri May 23, 2014 2:52 pm

Sweet drawing. Great work Ana!

You should hang it by your CK collection Dago :wink:

Sat May 24, 2014 7:53 pm

^ Thank you very much, Dago and Sam!!! Cadaver Kid is a deadly soccer player...
Post a reply