ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
One of a kind customs rule, unless you are color blind!
Post a reply

Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:24 am

Winu wrote:Heres some random Kaiju idea I had. "Shitagon"

skully matango! pretty sweet!
Last edited by pickleloaf on Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:25 am

working on a new one

BAWER V BEMON
POLLUTION SHOWDOWN

i might try to paint this one eventually if the drawing ever pans out - trying to get it looking like the scene is viewed from a small person below the action

Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:31 am

Very nice pickleloaf.. I see a comic book in the near future! :D

Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:43 am

Thanks for the kind words pickleloaf!

You're sketches are rad! I can only hope to see an actual figure designed by you. :)

I need to buy some paints already... :?

Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:33 pm

hypermook wrote:Image

great drawing

Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:47 pm

great thread. keep posting everyone. I like seeing all different perspectives. These are all really good.

Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:51 pm

LamourSupreme wrote:great thread. keep posting everyone. I like seeing all different perspectives. These are all really good.

man those wild bemons you have done are what got me going with all this. so sweet

Don't know what to call it.

Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:07 pm

Another monster of mine.

Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:49 pm

pickleloaf wrote:working on a new one

BAWER V BEMON
POLLUTION SHOWDOWN

i might try to paint this one eventually if the drawing ever pans out - trying to get it looking like the scene is viewed from a small person below the action

Oh this is going to look nice when you finish!

pinch it towards the center top more and flare out the bottoms of the monsters. Imagine a pyramid shape. That will give it a nice worm's eye view from the little people below.

Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:45 pm

5JIRO wrote:
Oh this is going to look nice when you finish!

pinch it towards the center top more and flare out the bottoms of the monsters. Imagine a pyramid shape. That will give it a nice worm's eye view from the little people below.

cool i hope so

i tried bending the composition a little more, but i didnt want the monsters' faces to disappear. bemon's got a big damn chin that covers up everything! haha

Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:22 am

Here's one of a series of monsters i've been working on as part of the 'Black Stump Project'

Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:05 am

I found some derivative kaiju I drew back in '02, when I first got interested in vinyl.

They were based on briefly-seen and half-remembered toys (mostly cheapie Bandai UltraKaiju) I was encountering at Kimono My House and teh internets...

01:

02:

03:

04:

Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:26 am

pickleloaf wrote:working on a new one

BAWER V BEMON
POLLUTION SHOWDOWN

so did you get your cease and desist order yet?

Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:58 am

nope nothing yet

it's just for me so f tha man! :o

Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:50 am

pickleloaf, the pencil rebel

well, giddy up on the sketch, come on man!!!!

Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:59 am

5JIRO wrote:pickleloaf, the pencil rebel

well, giddy up on the sketch, come on man!!!!

i'm just really slow at drawing/painting in general. i spend forever on small parts

Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:06 am

pickleloaf wrote:i'm just really slow at drawing/painting in general. i spend forever on small parts

...if they look like this in this end nothin wrong about it. :wink:

Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:30 pm

Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:17 pm

HOLY SKULL MOUNTAIN EYE-LAZERS!

You guys got talent. I check this thread all the time hoping someone's posted something new. Keep rulin', dudes.

Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:52 pm

here are some postcards i just ordered about ten minutes ago:

Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:49 am

Wish I could draw as good as you guys :(
Anyways here is what Im currently working on, some sort of Blobpus thing

Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:10 pm

wow, great thread!! ok, gotta give it up for my boy, Mangakaben aka Ben Seto. 8.5 x 11 ink illustrations while at work!! It's actually one very long drawing with Ultradude on the left and all the other monsters going to the right in this crazy urban scene! Let's see more of your work ben!!!

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:15 pm

I'll say it again. Ben's style of artwork is awesome! I love the hyper-detail packed into every scene.

Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:22 pm

oh man corn on the cob monster is sweet

Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:55 pm

Wow! Lots of neat stuff here, but that last batch of pen & ink monsters is awesome. Corn on the cob monster is wonderful!! Makes me hungry. Time for lunch.
Post a reply