ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
One of a kind customs rule, unless you are color blind!
Post a reply

Re: How to paint with V-Color

Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:17 am

I know if your using monster kolor it wipes right off with a little Laquer thinner, and I think that's what he was using...

Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:33 am

I use a North 7700 half mask.
Its real nice but Richs looks really nice as well. Just make sure you get a top brand and youre good.

As long as you get P100 rated cartridges with
CL/HC/SD/CD/HF/OV/P100 on it. You mainly want the Organic Vapor protection for painting. Just write the date on em when you install them. If you cant smell the paint the cartridge is still good. I also keep my mask with the open cartridges attached in a sealed bag when not using it to keep oxygen from wearing out the filter when youre not using it.

I've worried about my eyes before, especially when I spray MK clear coat.. my spray booth usually gets all the paint though. maybe I'll keep some goggles handy for heavy spraying.

Wed May 02, 2012 5:33 am

What's the difference between VColor and Sofvi Color?

Wed May 02, 2012 8:12 am

They aren't the same paint. They won't react the same way. Also I could be wrong but isn't sofvi made more for brushing?

Mon May 21, 2012 11:05 am

What are the V-Color sources down to? Anyone know a guy who knows a guy?

Tue May 22, 2012 10:34 pm

before i load v color into my kustom airbrush, does it have to be v color thinner???????? because im still waiting on that half of my order.
while waiting on a answer im going to try mineral spirits and things like that in a shot glass. will let you know in i find something other than v-colr thinner.

that new ultra violence reds set from mk are definately bad ass!!!!!!! target red hot damn

Wed May 23, 2012 2:37 am

Hip hop robot y'all wrote:before i load v color into my kustom airbrush, does it have to be v color thinner???????? because im still waiting on that half of my order.
while waiting on a answer im going to try mineral spirits and things like that in a shot glass. will let you know in i find something other than v-colr thinner.

that new ultra violence reds set from mk are definately bad ass!!!!!!! target red hot damn

mineral spirit does don't work!!!!
you can use acetone

Wed May 23, 2012 7:58 am

Acetone doesn't work as well as Methyl Isobutyl Ketone

Wed May 23, 2012 8:31 am

slipstar01 wrote:Acetone doesn't work as well as Methyl Isobutyl Ketone

is this difficoult to find?
I don't know it

Wed May 23, 2012 9:14 am

It's sold at hardware stores everywhere. It's made specifically for vinyl paint.
MIBK is used as a solvent for nitrocellulose, lacquers, and certain polymers and resins.

It's basically acetone that's been hydrogenated, it's makes the vinyl paint spray without fear of spiderwebs.

Thu May 24, 2012 1:46 pm

nanite wrote:What are the V-Color sources down to? Anyone know a guy who knows a guy?

They have more or less dried up, due to shipping laws. You've either got a hook up in Japan or you're willing to pay out the nose for Fedex hazardous materials shipping.

Is anyone here using domestically available paints besides Monster Kolor? Is this taboo to ask? I've heard [and seen] good things about the Createx and Cel-Vinyl lines.

Thu May 24, 2012 1:58 pm

Onion wrote:
nanite wrote:What are the V-Color sources down to? Anyone know a guy who knows a guy?

They have more or less dried up, due to shipping laws. You've either got a hook up in Japan or you're willing to pay out the nose for Fedex hazardous materials shipping.

Is anyone here using domestically available paints besides Monster Kolor? Is this taboo to ask? I've heard [and seen] good things about the Createx and Cel-Vinyl lines.

createx acrylic is alright. doesnt hold up as well as MK. I like MK because it dries fast , has great coverage and has an awesome clear coat setup which is important for non vcolor paints. Auto airbrush paints could be an alternative to MK.
Cel-vinyl is just for brushing on but is amazing stuff.

Thu May 24, 2012 2:02 pm

So you painted up the grodies and the rose vampire with mk? Sick! I guess that's a testament to the skill of the painter rather than the need for a special paint. Thanks!

Thu May 24, 2012 3:42 pm

I think if your going to be painting with anything locally Monster Kolor is the way to go, if your looking for something foreign, that's still available in America, than go with Mr. Color, but honestly if you ever have the chance to get V-Color, buy as much of it as you can. It's an amazing paint, and like others have said, there's nothing else like it on the market.

Thu May 24, 2012 8:18 pm

Anybody have any first hand experience using fishing lure paint? I hear it's really close to v-color.

Fri May 25, 2012 6:15 am

I do and it's nothing like v it has the same qualities but no adhesion. It peels if you mask it. It's literally vinyl in a paint form.

Fri May 25, 2012 8:37 pm

Man this sucks. Went to hardware store. Nope.....

But Manuel came through!!!!!!! So I'm all good. 8)

Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:24 pm

interesting. I just ordered both the MIBK and this other crap...to test. maybe Ill finally be able to use the massive amount of v color I have stashed. i will report the results. finding the MIBK was a hassle, so I ordered a gallon when I finally found it.

Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:18 pm

I've thinned v-color with Gunze Mr Color thinner and it worked just fine... Actually I think one time I used Laquer thinner from ACE hardware and it worked just fine as well

Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:21 pm

Onion wrote:

Createx sprays a bit weird, and sometimes does not adhear at all to the vinyl.. it pools and bubbles.. but it's different from color to color... also it scratches right off unless you use monster kolor clear on it

Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:13 am

If everything goes well in a months time ill be taking care of all your needs :)

Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:20 am

^^^ I would edit that to "all of your paint needs" unless you're swithching up professions :twisted: ^^^

Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:47 pm

Waiting... wrote:^^^ I would edit that to "all of your paint needs" unless you're swithching up professions :twisted: ^^^

1 stop shopping , with a happy ending !

Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:05 am

I'm calculating prices on paint now. I'm just saying now, this is NOT cheap stuff. I'm willing to offer it though to those that are still interested.

Just off quick calculations its looking like at least 20-30.00 per concentrated ounce. Could be more or less though I stll have to look everything over. This can thinned to make 2-3 ounces. But still I know this is high for the casual painter.

It is the best Japanese paint made for vinyl, I will say that. It's makes all other paint for toys pale in comparison. Nothing, nothing ! Is as good, end point.

Getting this paint in legally was no easy task and extremely expenssive and why it's not offered ANYWHERE. I will be the only supplier in all of North America.

In all honesty I mainly got this for myself as being a toy maker I can't live without it. So I'm only offering this because I have it now.

Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:09 am

What colors are aval????
Post a reply